Windows 10: Printing saves rather than prints Network printer

Discus and support Printing saves rather than prints Network printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I work in an office. We have 20 network printers. On one PC no matter what printer you choose it always saves. It does not print from any printer. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JerryCarter2, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Printing saves rather than prints Network printer

I work in an office. We have 20 network printers. On one PC no matter what printer you choose it always saves. It does not print from any printer. It is windows 10 Enterprise. The printer I am trying to print to is connected to the computer via a cord. I have it selected as my default printer. I do not have administrative rights on the computer. It is a work computer at an office. I have tried to locate where I can unclick "save to file" but it is not located where some tutorials say it is. I cannot even find it. I cannot uninstall the printer I don't think. It is in the network. At first it was not even listed on the computer. I had to add it from the available printers on our network.

:)

JerryCarter2, Oct 22, 2020

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Networked Printer: How to print both sides?

Some printers may be duplex but don't support the command over network protocols.

On most printers (no duplexing), printing on "both sides" means print odd pages, user has to change the orientation of said pages, and then it prints even pages. They have a special sequence dedicated to the "both sides" process. If this is the case, after it is done printing odd pages, a dialog should pop up showing you how to put the paper back in and also tell you how to resume printing.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Printing saves rather than prints Network printer

Error - Printing on Network printer

What type of printers are they? Show a screenie of the http web page it offers. Use something like softperfect's netscan, go options, additional, check "check for open TCP ports and add 21,80,443,9100. Make sure the same result appears for all 4 printers. Post a screenie.

PS. I dont think this is a drivers issue. It's a fault network setup (on the printer) or a firewall/switch acting in between you and the printer. The printer obviously isnt dead if it can run and print diagnostics pages from the control panel.

Completely Bonkers, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Printing saves rather than prints Network printer

1. Printing saves rather than prints Network printer - Similar Threads - Printing saves rather

2. driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document: Help please. Just recently with my HP envy pro documents don't print. Solution tells me driver unavailable where do I get a driver? I switched out to my old printer a Canon and same message , driver unavailable. I was however able to print a document from my phone to printer...
  3. driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document: Help please. Just recently with my HP envy pro documents don't print. Solution tells me driver unavailable where do I get a driver? I switched out to my old printer a Canon and same message , driver unavailable. I was however able to print a document from my phone to printer...
  4. driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  6. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  7. Network printing to a shared printer

8. My printer is printing all documents on half a page and in landscape rather than portrait

My printer is printing all documents on half a page and in landscape rather than portrait: HiI have this issue happening on our laptop and now the new surface pro 8 as well. The printer will print on half the page in landscape but will print everything just smaller and on the left hand side. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, gone through all the settings. Any advice...
  9. How to set printing preferences of Epson Printer rather than the default Windows printer...

How to set printing preferences of Epson Printer rather than the default Windows printer...: When I was using Windows 7, and when I clicked on print, the Epson Print Preferences showed up. But when i switched to Windows 10, instead of the Epson Print Preferences showing up, it opens up the Windows 10 Print Preferences. In my opinion, the Epson Print Preferences have...
  10. Printing Reverses (Negative rather than postive)

Printing Reverses (Negative rather than postive): My wife just bought a new Windows 10 laptop. I installed our Brother HL-L2360D monotone laser printer using the Windows driver. Everything prints reverse (negative) image, that is, everything that ought to be white is black and everything that ought to be black is white. When...