Windows 10: Printing to PDF, Report Viewer freezes after Print

Discus and support Printing to PDF, Report Viewer freezes after Print in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just installed Windows 10, and I am having a problem with the Report Viewer (Print option). I attempt to print to PDF and the printing option works;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 739, Mar 15, 2016.

1. 739
    739 Win User

Printing to PDF, Report Viewer freezes after Print

Just installed Windows 10, and I am having a problem with the Report Viewer (Print option).

I attempt to print to PDF and the printing option works; however, after the print instruction, the screen freezes.

I click the Exit icon and nothing happened (computer freezes). Also, I click the upper right "X" option and nothing happens.

Is there a patch (or something) for this?

Advance thanx,

:)

2. WBGHEX Win User

Print to PDF files too large

Another observation to add.

When printing reports from our application using Win10's "MS Print to PDF", the resulting PDF file size is ~ 10x larger than expected.

If we instead print the same report from our application to the 'MS XPS Document Writer' the resulting OXPS file size is just a fraction (~1/20) of the PDF size.

Now if we open that OXPS file in the MS XPS Viewer and print it again using the 'MS Print to PDF' printer the resulting PDF is now ~12 time larger than expected.

These basic tests using the MS products clearly show the unusual large file size change in behavior when printing to PDF on Win10.

The feedback from our customers who have also encountered this change after updating to Win10 suggests they will delay updating their remaining seats to Win10 until this is resolved or a solution is provided.

WBGHEX, Mar 15, 2016
  3. In Explorer in Share tab Print is greyed out for PDF files

Hi Marcin,

This happens because Edge doesn't include a "Print" verb / menu option. Changing the default viewer to Adobe Acrobat should help.

If you want to have Edge as the default viewer and still want the "Print" button to work, then you need to add a necessary registry entry.

1. Associate .PDFs with Adobe.

2. Download
    FileTypeDiag
    and run it. Generate a file association dump for .PDF

3. Zip the report, upload to your cloud account and share the link here.

What I'm trying to do is add a "Print" action for .PDF files which uses Adobe's print verb, while still using Edge as the default.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 15, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Mar 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Printing to PDF, Report Viewer freezes after Print - Similar Threads - Printing PDF Report

2. print to pdf in word freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    print to pdf in word freezes: tried:unchecking microsoft print to pdf / restoreremoving as printer/reloadingsetting microsoft print to pdf as default printerre-bootingtroubleshootingno helpwhen i select print to pdf - freezes - not always but most of the timeadobe is not the problem - it can convert to...
  3. print to pdf in word freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print to pdf in word freezes: tried:unchecking microsoft print to pdf / restoreremoving as printer/reloadingsetting microsoft print to pdf as default printerre-bootingtroubleshootingno helpwhen i select print to pdf - freezes - not always but most of the timeadobe is not the problem - it can convert to...
  4. PDF print issues for reports clarity when printing with Windows PDF option inside of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF print issues for reports clarity when printing with Windows PDF option inside of...: Hello I noticed when I make a PDF print of Resource Cost Overview I have a issues with the resolutions I have a white space that shows up as seen below, however the print preview does not have this. Is there a setting to correct this to make it cleaner? [ATTACH] Space...
  5. Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print to PDF: Was no longer able to use my Print to PDF via Microsoft so I disabled it through windows features. However, it won't let me turn it back on....Please advise. I received the following message every time: "The changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot your computer and try...
  6. Print to PDF

Print to PDF: Hi, I frequently use MS print to PDF I often want to combine several pages into one PDF from separate sources. Whilst I can combine PDFs this is cumbersome. Can MS print to PDF have an extra print option to include a feature to append to an existing PDF please TY...
  7. print to pdf

print to pdf: program will not print to pdf. gives error of "the handle is invalid" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-to-pdf/3d1324f5-5128-451e-b42d-da790d1f1910
  8. Pdf printing

Pdf printing: My Microsoft print to pdf dissapeared from my printer selection, only have my printers and Microsoft XPS writer to choose from How do I get it back not available as a download able app ???????? Help...
  9. PDF PRINTING

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF PRINTING: HI; Was trying to print a PDF doc, when I use the 'more' button on the upper right to select 'print' my PRINT to PDF is not there anymore. I went over my HP ENVY 5660 printer and downloaded the necessary 'stuff', but in reality the PRINT to PDF menu is gone from my HP W10...
  10. Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Support
    Print to PDF: Is this a new feature of W 10? I do not remember adding anything [img] Edit, guess it is http://wmpoweruser.com/confirmed-win...as-pdf-option/ 4977