Windows 10: Printing to Xerox Phaser 3116 iin Windows 10

Discus and support Printing to Xerox Phaser 3116 iin Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This old simplex laser printer has been with me since 2004, when I bought it new. The print engine is surprisingly good, and it has not jammed on me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WeiLeeSG, May 24, 2020.

1. WeiLeeSG Win User

Printing to Xerox Phaser 3116 iin Windows 10

This old simplex laser printer has been with me since 2004, when I bought it new. The print engine is surprisingly good, and it has not jammed on me yet. With a resolution of 600dpi, and at 14ppm and a real 250sheet paper tray it it still useful.

Technology and companies move, and though, and I had trouble printing on Windows 7, when Xerox stopped supporting this model, fortunately, I managed to discover that Samsung had a compatible model the ML-1710 which DID have Windows 7 drivers.

However, this came to a crashing halt as Samsung printer division then got bought over by HP, and stopped supporting the ML1710 generally. I did manage to find an old driver on the Korean Website, but it was old Universal Printer Driver v2.5 and did not work.

This then forced me to put the printer in storage, and then rely on my HP inkjet all-in-one for printing purposes. Tiring of the ink consumables hassles, I tried to resurrect it, and I am happy to note that a new version of the Universal Printer Driver 3 that *does* support the ML-1710 is now on the HP website here: Samsung Universal Printer Driver for Windows

However, it *won't* see the printer properly, so you have to install the software, without connecting a printer. When you plug it in, it will try, but probably misconfigure it as a PCL printer, which will not work. It is a GDI printer, so if you choose ML1710 from the dropdown, it will then download and install additional drivers, which will recognize the printer and allow you to successfully print a test page.

:)

WeiLeeSG, May 24, 2020
  2. Khazum Win User

XEROX PHASER 6200N

This doesn't work. It's now October 2016 and still no support from Xerox or Microsoft for Xerox Phaser 6200. The win7 Driver doesn't work either. Any other suggestions?

thank you

- sm

Khazum, May 24, 2020
  3. XEROX PHASER 6200N

XEROX PHASER 6200N IT IS NOT RECOGNIZED IN WIN 10

MiltosDaskalakis, May 24, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Xerox Phaser 860DP driver for Windows 10

Hello RobertHam1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to download and install the drivers for
    Xerox Phaser 860DP device on your Windows 10 machine. The current driver available for Windows 10 is
    Font Management Utility, you may want to install it from
    the manufacturer’s website.

However, there are a list of drivers that are available for Windows XP which you can try to install them in
    Compatibility mode and check if it works in Windows 10. To know the list of drivers, refer the article
    Phaser 860D for Windows XP. To run the program in compatibility
    mode, kindly refer to an article on Make older programs compatible with this version of
    Windows.

If you face any further issues, I would suggest you to get in touch with
    Xerox support, who might help you with the latest drivers for Windows 10.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Printing to Xerox Phaser 3116 iin Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Printing Xerox Phaser

2. Can't print to Phaser 6510 from Win 11 - works with Win 10 and Android phones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print to Phaser 6510 from Win 11 - works with Win 10 and Android phones: I used to be able to print from my Win 11 laptop until Dec 2023 and now I get printer needs attention .This works fine from Android mobile phones and a Win 10 PC.I have tried deleting and readding the printer, running the troubleshooter and restarting the print spooler - none...
  3. Can't print to Phaser 6510 from Win 11 - works with Win 10 and Android phones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print to Phaser 6510 from Win 11 - works with Win 10 and Android phones: I used to be able to print from my Win 11 laptop until Dec 2023 and now I get printer needs attention .This works fine from Android mobile phones and a Win 10 PC.I have tried deleting and readding the printer, running the troubleshooter and restarting the print spooler - none...
  4. Windows 10 - Xerox workcentre 3119 series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Xerox workcentre 3119 series: This isn't a question, its an answer to a locked topic Windows 10 - Xerox workcentre 3119 series driver For anyone who needs this printer to work with Windows 10. Goto the Xerox website and download the "Print and Scan Installer"...
  5. Windows 10 Pro and Xerox WorkCentre Scanning

Windows 10 Pro and Xerox WorkCentre Scanning: Fax and Scanning works well with Windows 7 but not on Windows 10. I tried a third party trial app uScan and it works great. The Xerox is network connected with a static IP but still cannot get it to work even when the Train scanned drivers from Xerox. What is the trick?...
  6. Xerox 6130N PS printer will not print with Windows 10

Xerox 6130N PS printer will not print with Windows 10: I just upgraded to a new PC after 10 years and the end of support for Win7. I have encountered a problem in that my Xerox printer is recognized by the new operating system but documents will not leave the print queue. Xerox no longer supports this printer and HP, makers of my...
  7. .jpg files not displaying iin windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jpg files not displaying iin windows 10: how to display ,jpg files in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files-not-displaying-iin-windows-10/43153e4a-b687-4d1f-96f4-920f947ece60"
  8. Xerox Phaser 860DP driver for Windows 10

Xerox Phaser 860DP driver for Windows 10: I have a great Xerox Phaser 860DP that I just repaired. It worked flawlessly on XP. Now I have Windows 10 and I cannot find a driver for it. Anybody have a generic driver or a workaround that will work on Windows 10? Thanks!...
  9. Xerox Documate 152i Scanner on Windows 10

Xerox Documate 152i Scanner on Windows 10: Hi I have recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 3050 installed with Windows 10 Pro. All the latest windows updates are now installed. I have connected my Xerox Documate 152i to a USB 2 port ( have also tried a USB 3 port ) and loaded the scanner software / drivers and also...
  10. problem with new xerox printer and windows 10?

problem with new xerox printer and windows 10?: We just purchased a new xerox WorkCentre 7970 and a WorkCentre 7845. Operating system is Windows 10 on our network. Xerox support has not been able to get either printer to print colors like our old outdated Toshiba machine. Colors are not "true" (missing different hues) and...