Windows 10: Printing under Windows 10 after Latest Update KB4559309

Discus and support Printing under Windows 10 after Latest Update KB4559309 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After this update, I can now only print printer settings, not able to print from any apps. I can watch the file pass through the print queue but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MDS_RetAct, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Printing under Windows 10 after Latest Update KB4559309

After this update, I can now only print printer settings, not able to print from any apps. I can watch the file pass through the print queue but it just goes into the "ether".

The printer is Brother HL4040CN and it is connected to my network via a GPSU21 print server. My desktop is HP Pavilion 595 running Windows 10.0.18363.

Google search found an identical problem back in 2017 where the problem was traced to a recent update.

The recommended solution was to uninstall the update. Problem is this latest update is one of those that cannot be uninstalled. Maybe because it is critical to the rollout of the new Edge which I do not use?

Any suggestions besides switching to a MAC did that years ago but didn't like the loss of control or reinstalling the system but with updates turned off?

Thanks for any help.

:)

MDS_RetAct, Jun 19, 2020

2. after latest windows 10 update, I cannot even print offline, also it says is preview loading, but it does not

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in offline printing after installing the latest update on your device. Let me try to help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which was the latest update installed on your device?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to printing any specific document?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 19, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Printing under Windows 10 after Latest Update KB4559309

Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Printing under Windows 10 after Latest Update KB4559309

1. Printing under Windows 10 after Latest Update KB4559309 - Similar Threads - Printing under Latest

2. Printing only in landscape mode after update KB4559309

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing only in landscape mode after update KB4559309: Split from this thread. Hi Rhaine, I have the same problem, only with my Brother MFC-J6720DW printer. I have tried turning off the power to the printer, resetting the printer and so on, but when I send documents to print from my mobile, the orientation is correct. It...
  3. Printing only in landscape mode after update KB4559309

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing only in landscape mode after update KB4559309: Split from this thread. Same issue for me. I'm using an HP OMEN PC. I included the specs below. When I print a Word or Excel doc from this PC in portrait, it prints on my Brother printer in landscape. We do not have the same problem printing from my other PC or from our...
  4. Cant connect to wireless networks after update kb4559309

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant connect to wireless networks after update kb4559309: on my HP 250 G7 running Windows 10 v1903 for x64 . After the latest update KB4559309 - which can't be uninstalled DHCP isnt working on either wired or wireless network adapters, configuring IP address manually lets me into ethernet, but nothing will allow me to connect...
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge update KB4559309

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge update KB4559309: Hello After having updated Edge now in version 83.0.478.64, when I go the Windows Update page, I always see a message asking to restart the system. However, even though I restarted the PC several times, the message remains no matter what I try. The Windows update...
  6. windows update KB4559309

windows update KB4559309: this update rendered my computer useless. I have a intel card which a friend of mine told me may be the source of the problem. When I installed the listed update, I cannot connect to the internet nor can I do anything else. every tab comes up with a blank screen and the...
  7. update kb4559309

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update kb4559309: Automatic download just now has totally changed the performance of my computer, made radical changes to my Office365. Runs slow, gone is my original Outlook, fortunately sometime back I minimised the program on the task bar, as I did for Excel and Word and they are working...
  8. uninstall update KB4559309

uninstall update KB4559309: The above was installed on 6/18/20. I haven't been able to use my printer since. As my copier still works "Brother" advised me it was an update problem. They sent me uninstall instructions and the problem is on the top of my list of updates. I select it, but there is no...
  9. Major Issues after Windows 10 update kb4559309

Major Issues after Windows 10 update kb4559309: This update was installed 2 nights ago. Since then my computer is extremely slow and my external hard drive will not work. I click on something and several seconds to a minute goes by before anythinng happens. I tried to close apps using The Task Manager and got a black...
  10. Printing not printing on line documents after latest Windows 10 Update

Printing not printing on line documents after latest Windows 10 Update: Since the update yesterday I am unable to print anything from a document on line. I'm still able to print documents that are on my computer. I've run a troubleshoot from Canon for my printer and there are no problems. Help please!...
Tags: