Windows 10: Printing using the Wi Fi, Epson xp-245 printer, with windows 10 home in s mode.

Discus and support Printing using the Wi Fi, Epson xp-245 printer, with windows 10 home in s mode. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can print a test print, from my friends laptop, and the printer will work using the USB connection.For some reason the wi fi connection will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JudithMorris2, May 18, 2021.

1. Printing using the Wi Fi, Epson xp-245 printer, with windows 10 home in s mode.

I can print a test print, from my friends laptop, and the printer will work using the USB connection.For some reason the wi fi connection will not work. It says the printer is offline even when it is switched on.Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction to correct this.Thank you

:)

JudithMorris2, May 18, 2021
  2. youradds Win User

Epson XP-245 printer issues

Thanks for the reply. It was the download direct from Epson's site. I also installed the "Epson Connect" so that it can do the email printing as well.

Printing using the Wi Fi, Epson xp-245 printer, with windows 10 home in s mode. [​IMG]

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean about the PCL/PS ?

Thanks

Andy

youradds, May 18, 2021
  3. youradds Win User
    Epson XP-245 printer issues

Hi,.
    I've just got a new machine, and it has a fresh install of Win10 (my old PC was a Win7 upgrade to Win10). Overall its working much better, but there is one issue that is driving me nuts.

When I print out on my Epson Xp-245 from Adobe Acrobat, it gets a little down the page, and then just stops. I can still see it in the print queue (no errors - it says its still running). The printer just seems to have other ideas though.

Printing using the Wi Fi, Epson xp-245 printer, with windows 10 home in s mode. [​IMG]

The weird part is that I can print the same PDF absolutely fine if I use Chrome to open . So thats a temporary solution, but not something I want to do in the long run.
    I've checked my drivers and they all say they are up to date. Win10 updates are all complete as well.
    Any other ideas on what I could try?

TIA
    Andy

- - - Updated - - -

Just as an update. I tried using another PDF reader, and it has the exact same problem. Very odd seeing as Adobe worked fine on my old machine with the same printer.

youradds, May 18, 2021
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Printing using the Wi Fi, Epson xp-245 printer, with windows 10 home in s mode.

Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Yeah, I see that's Epson-Ireland.

Got it - printer is Wi-Fi. With that... As Oscar pointed to your printer drivers you need to install the

• Driver
    • Epson Scan software
    • Epson Scan updater software
    You might also need to install the "Other Software" in the "Event Manager" software.

Also, are you sure you're looking at the main PC (the PC where you installed the software for the printer)?

Have you checked you printer's network settings?

I'd also suggest you go over the owner's manual for said printer. It can be downloaded via Oscar's link under Manual & Documentation.

Anyway if things are right you should see both scanner and printer under Device Manager as shown for my Epson XP-960 Wi-Fi printer...

(There are not "hidden". And the printer is powered off)

Good luck.

sygnus21, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Printing using the Wi Fi, Epson xp-245 printer, with windows 10 home in s mode.

1. Printing using the Wi Fi, Epson xp-245 printer, with windows 10 home in s mode. - Similar Threads - Printing using Epson

2. how do I install an Epson XP-245 on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I install an Epson XP-245 on Windows 11?: I tried installing and updating software device and firmware, using ThinkPad T480s Laptop with Windows 11. I can set it to default when I search it on Devices and and Printers. Won't print a test page. * Moved from Community Center...
  3. how do I install an Epson XP-245 on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I install an Epson XP-245 on Windows 11?: I tried installing and updating software device and firmware, using ThinkPad T480s Laptop with Windows 11. I can set it to default when I search it on Devices and and Printers. Won't print a test page. * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Blocked from installing printer driver - Epson XP-245.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked from installing printer driver - Epson XP-245.: Just bought a new Windows 11 laptop. Trying to install my existing printer driver - Epson XP-245. Have taken it off "S" mode, but still can't install as I get the message "This file was blocked because the file does not have a valid digital signature the verifies its...
  5. Blocked from installing printer driver - Epson XP-245.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked from installing printer driver - Epson XP-245.: Just bought a new Windows 11 laptop. Trying to install my existing printer driver - Epson XP-245. Have taken it off "S" mode, but still can't install as I get the message "This file was blocked because the file does not have a valid digital signature the verifies its...
  6. Printing from Laptop to Wi-Fi printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing from Laptop to Wi-Fi printer: Hello! I have a Toshiba C50D-A-13X laptop running Win10 Home 64bit and an Epson ET-2750 printer, the two are connected via Wi-Fi. When I try and print from the laptop, it sees the printer without a problem and printing starts. However, it takes an age to print and the...
  7. epson xp-home printer scanner

epson xp-home printer scanner: since having to do a factory reset on laptop including windows 10 the scanner on printer wont work "printer ok but cant connect to scanner". I have uninstalled scanner, re installed, used driver from disk but still no joy....
  8. Windows 10 and Epson printer XP-2100

Windows 10 and Epson printer XP-2100: I have been trying to install an Epson XP-2100 onto my laptop on Windows 10. It refuses to accept download of the driver from Epson and states local spooler not running. I have tried to sort this but the service list shows no problem with printer spooler. However there is a...
  9. Epson XP-245 printer issues

Epson XP-245 printer issues: Hi,. I've just got a new machine, and it has a fresh install of Win10 (my old PC was a Win7 upgrade to Win10). Overall its working much better, but there is one issue that is driving me nuts. When I print out on my Epson Xp-245 from Adobe Acrobat, it gets a little down the...
  10. epson xp 800 printer print driver unavailable

epson xp 800 printer print driver unavailable: All of a sudden my computer won't recognize my printer. It shows its connected to network and is working but printer driver unavailable. I have checked and have the most updated windows and printer updates. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing works....