Windows 10: Printing with black cartridge only

Discus and support Printing with black cartridge only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was using printer and it stopped saying colour cartridge was empty. I went into maintenance and changed the ink details to use the black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatHarte1, Sep 15, 2020.

1. PatHarte1 Win User

Printing with black cartridge only

Hi, I was using printer and it stopped saying colour cartridge was empty. I went into maintenance and changed the ink details to use the black cartridge only but after trying several times it won't print. it just keep repeating the colour cartridge is empty. i removed the empty one but it still wont print with the black one. Any ideas??? Pat

:)

PatHarte1, Sep 15, 2020

2. black cartridge problem

Replaced black cartridge and now wont print

Alma LCampuzano, Sep 15, 2020
  3. want to print using black cartridge only

What is the make and model of your printer and your Windows operating system?

If you have a HP printer, for example, see the instructions in the HP support article
    HP Inkjet Printers - Printing with Black Ink Only (Windows). That article notes that if you choose to print in "greyscale" that you are
    actually using a mix of black and colour inks to produce a high quality black printout. There are also several printer models that still require you to have a colour ink cartridge(s) installed, even if you choose "black & white" to print
    with the black ink cartridge only, and the printer will fail to pass a hardware test when it's powered up if the colour ink cartridge(s) is removed.

Great White North, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Printing with black cartridge only

black ink won't print

I have an HP Photoshop 7520 printer. I had to change the black cartridge and now it won't print black. I have a small black cartridge and a large one. I changed the large one. Do they both have to be full to print? I have done ALL of the troubleshooting
    suggestions.

KathyLove1, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Printing with black cartridge only

1. Printing with black cartridge only - Similar Threads - Printing black cartridge

2. Printer will not print colour. New Cartridge installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer will not print colour. New Cartridge installed: I have recently installed a new Colour cartridge in my HP ENVY 4527 printer, but it still only prints B&W. Have tried several suggestions but no change. My IT skills are limited. Can you help?...
  3. Printer will not print colour. New Cartridge installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer will not print colour. New Cartridge installed: I have recently installed a new Colour cartridge in my HP ENVY 4527 printer, but it still only prints B&W. Have tried several suggestions but no change. My IT skills are limited. Can you help?...
  4. PRINTER WILL ONLY PRINT IN BLACK & WHITE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PRINTER WILL ONLY PRINT IN BLACK & WHITE: My printer HP Envy 5544 will only print in black & white when connected wirelessly to my laptop Acer Aspire M. The printer will print colour in copy mode and will also print a colour test page. It will also print in colour from my wife's HP laptop via wireless connection....
  5. printer only prints with black background

printer only prints with black background: My printer will only print in white font with black background. How can I correct this? I have re-downloaded the driver, with no change. It is a brother MFC L2700DW series HELP!...
  6. Printing cartridge issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing cartridge issues: I just bought a brand new black ink cartridge - a 65 XL - for my HP DeskJet 2622. It states right on the ink cartridge box that it's for my HP DeskJet 2622 printer. When I installed it in my printer, I got an error message that stated it wasn't compatible. I know it's...
  7. black cartridge problem

black cartridge problem: Replaced black cartridge and now wont print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-cartridge-problem/4e6c8ce3-13a0-4f9f-ac18-bc2ded99562c
  8. printer only prints in black and white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer only prints in black and white: My printer keeps not printing and says "attention needed" I ran all of the trouble shooters and it says all is fine, but still doesn't always print and says attention needed. I fiddled with the settings and now the printer will only print in black and white. if I set the...
  9. hp envy 5540 will not print color cartridge, installed a new one, still only prints...

hp envy 5540 will not print color cartridge, installed a new one, still only prints...: HP ENVY 5540 SWITCHED TO WINDOWS 10 AND NOW PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT COLOR.. IT WORKED JUST FINE BEFORE WINDOWS 10. I USE ONLY NEW HP ORIGINAL INK. CAN YOU HELP? MANY THANKS...
  10. My printer will only print in color, not in black. I recently changed the cartridge.

My printer will only print in color, not in black. I recently changed the cartridge.: My printer will only print in color, not in black. I recently changed the cartridge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/prrinter/d2428ba9-45cc-45da-8fef-fda2ba71199b