Windows 10: PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question

Discus and support PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has this been addressed? Do I still need to keep print spooler disabled? Yes or No. I've searched for a definite answer and have not been able to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tomel, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Tomel Win User

PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question

Has this been addressed? Do I still need to keep print spooler disabled? Yes or No. I've searched for a definite answer and have not been able to find one. I know there was an initial fix, but then heard that another vulnerability was discovered and that Microsoft was in process of fixing that vulnerability. I cannot find anything about the status of the 2nd vulnerability and don't see any fix in my update history. Really a pain keeping print spooler off. Not only is it making printing a chore (either turn print spooler on temporarily or send data to my ipad and print from that), but it also impacts my ability to save files as PDF. Help! Fixed or not? Yes or no?

:)

Tomel, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Riley7 Win User
    Riley7, Jul 28, 2021
  3. vulnerable - hacked my system

Hi! My name is Anderson Souza. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, I'll be glad to help you today.

Your tool is indicating that a vulnerability was found in a software installed on your computer, but that does not mean that it has been exploited, I did a quick search for that vulnerability and found it to be a low-security risk. This is a flaw in the OpenSSL
    program that affects the versions listed in the image sent. From what I could see on the OpenSSL page itself, this is the latest version available so I don't believe the problem has been solved. I believe that, for now, the solution is to keep antivirus and
    antimalware solutions up-to-date or choose to stop using OpenSSL.

I hope this information is helpful. please keep me updated on the status of this issue. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will be glad to help you.

If the suggestion helped you, you can also help other users with questions similar to yours, just click "Yes" in the question "Did this solve the problem?"

Thank you.

Anderson S. de Souza, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Yukikaze Win User

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: http://www.icasi.org/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa-vulnerabilities

Source: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2017-13080

Yukikaze, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

1. PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question - Similar Threads - PrintNightmare Vulnerability Status

2. how to fix Printnightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix Printnightmare: Hi All,I need to fix this print nightmare issue can anyone suggest it.I am using the windows server 2019 server and printer role configure after patching start facing issues for all users.Thanks Abdul Latheef...
  3. how to fix Printnightmare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix Printnightmare: Hi All,I need to fix this print nightmare issue can anyone suggest it.I am using the windows server 2019 server and printer role configure after patching start facing issues for all users.Thanks Abdul Latheef...
  4. Latest patch for PrintNightmare

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Latest patch for PrintNightmare: This latest update has broken connection to clients for their networked printers. Is there going to be any update to fix this issue? I work at a large university and this patch broke connection to ALOT of printers that were already mapped via print server to our clients. Also...
  5. PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question

PrintNightmare Vulnerability - Status Question: Has this been addressed? Do I still need to keep print spooler disabled? Yes or No. I've searched for a definite answer and have not been able to find one. I know there was an initial fix, but then heard that another vulnerability was discovered and that Microsoft was in...
  6. How do I check to see if my W10x64 machine is secured from PrintNightmare Vulnerability?

How do I check to see if my W10x64 machine is secured from PrintNightmare Vulnerability?: Is there a simple way to check and see if my machine has been updated to protect against the 'PrintNightmare' Spooler service vulnerability? None of the KB patches or recent upgrades have provided any indication the machine has been resecured. There are so many KBs for so...
  7. Printnightmare security patch

Printnightmare security patch: Hello. Looking for help finding and downloading this security patch. I have WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 bit SP1. While searching, thought I found it. There were 2 options for download: XLSX MICROSOFT EXCEL & CSV COMMA VALUE. None of this means anything to me. Maybe I was in the...
  8. Printnightmare and Normal Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printnightmare and Normal Users: There's a lot of talk lately about this new unpatched vulnerability. It seems that everyone is being implored to disable the print spooler service or file and printer sharing in the Windows Firewall. Does this apply to normal users? Normal users are those with an internet...
  9. security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question: Hello all, I recently asked a question about downloading the steam software and I got a pretty solid answer but wanted to continue the discussion. Anyways here I am being more specific. Does downloading the steam software, and any of the games on its platform, with...
  10. BitLocker Status question?

BitLocker Status question?: Hi guys, I read this great tutorial posted here. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html When I enabled BitLocker, I selected to encrypt the ENTIRE drive instead of the used disk space only. My question is, what would the MANAGE-BDE -STATUS show under...