Windows 10: "PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool

Discus and support "PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to capture some data displayed on the screen. Usually, I would do this by just hitting "PrintScreen" button and then pasting the capture to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kamokoba, Dec 4, 2019.

1. "PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool

I want to capture some data displayed on the screen.

Usually, I would do this by just hitting "PrintScreen" button and then pasting the capture to Paint.

But for some reason, it does not work - when I paste the output, I see the old stuff that I previously captured with Snipping Tool.

I tried to close Snipping Tool and try again - still I am unable to capture anything with "PrintScreen" button.

Is there any way to fix this?

Edition: Windows 10 Enterpise

Version: 1809

OS build: 17763.864

submitted by /u/kamokoba
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kamokoba, Dec 4, 2019

2. PrintScreen & Snipping tool are not working

Neither my PrintScreen or my Snipping tool are working. When I use the Snipping Tool I get a black screen. Whenever I use the PrintScreen and paste into Paint I get a black screen. I'm on Win10 and fully up to date.

Marlene5889, Dec 5, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How to make snipping tool default to new snip

The answer is NO. You can not set as in W 7
    The reason to change the behaviour before putting into snipping mode so the user can:
    1. Select the type of snip such as : region, windows etc....
    2. Snip popup menu/windows
    With Snipping tool, it is more efficient to use hot keys instead of mouse click.
    CTRL+PrintScreen ====> Snipping Mode
    ESC ====> Normal Mode

Snipping tool is only for basic screen capture. There are free screen capture tools that you can download and use a portable (no installation needed) such as:
    Greenshot - a free and open source screenshot tool for productivity

PicPick | All-in-one design tool, Screen Capture, Image Editor, Color Picker, Pixel Ruler and More

Which you can draw Callouts, Box, Arrow, high lite etc.....

topgundcp, Dec 5, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

"PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool

Use PrintScreen Hotkey from keyboard to open Snipping Tool

Hi Villasmil

Those shortcuts can;t be used by the Snipping tool because they are still being used by the standard Print-screen functionality in Windows 10

In Windows 10 all the old Printscreen functionality is the same as it always has been and that Snipping tool is being removed from Windows 10 and will be replaced with the new Screen Sketch app

DaveM121, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

"PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool

1. "PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - PrintScreen button captures

2. PrintScreen Snippet tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PrintScreen Snippet tool: Windows 11 - Until a few days ago my PrintScreen button key was saving screenshots to a folder I specified by simply pressing key. Suddenly when I try I have a Snippet Tool come up. The Snippet Tool doesn't work. Can anyone help me?...
  3. PrintScreen Snippet tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PrintScreen Snippet tool: Windows 11 - Until a few days ago my PrintScreen button key was saving screenshots to a folder I specified by simply pressing key. Suddenly when I try I have a Snippet Tool come up. The Snippet Tool doesn't work. Can anyone help me?...
  4. Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots: Can use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots with scrolling area or not ? Can it support this feature ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots/b1b57557-d01c-41c4-ac3e-fc66ea058acb
  5. Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots: Can use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots with scrolling area or not ? Can it support this feature ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots/b1b57557-d01c-41c4-ac3e-fc66ea058acb
  6. printscreen button

in Windows 10 Customization
    printscreen button: Prt sc button only works occasionally. I think there is a setting somewhere that changes whether it works or not. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 7500 2n1Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printscreen-button/3fc811bc-270b-4ee1-ad67-e8bb380a6ee6
  7. Disable snipping tool or reassign printscreen button

Disable snipping tool or reassign printscreen button: How do I either disable the snipping tool or reassign the printscreen button so that I can use it for an application that is actually useful? I just got a new machine running windows 10 home....
  8. PrintScreen does not capture 4k

PrintScreen does not capture 4k: Hi, I use 4k monitor. When i press PrintScreen on keyboard or use Snipping tool, Windows captures only 1920x1080 image at the top left corner of the screen and the the rest of the image is black. It does not capture 4k shot. Please help. [IMG]...
  9. Snipping tools captured color

Snipping tools captured color: Hi, Need help. When using snipping tools, the captured image color is warm color. Snipping tools did not captured the original color. It happened only today, yesterday it works fine. It captured the original color of the screen. I did not install any software...
  10. Use PrintScreen Hotkey from keyboard to open Snipping Tool

Use PrintScreen Hotkey from keyboard to open Snipping Tool: Most keyboards with hotkeys have a hotkey for Print Screen. Even the standard laptop keyboard has it. This is Lenovo ThinkPad T470p. I understand that the standard Print Screen application in Windows 10 is the Snipping Tool. What I don't understand is why that key, or...