Windows 10: printscreen button

Discus and support printscreen button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Prt sc button only works occasionally. I think there is a setting somewhere that changes whether it works or not. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 7500... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brianashley2, Jun 15, 2021.

1. printscreen button

Prt sc button only works occasionally. I think there is a setting somewhere that changes whether it works or not. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 7500 2n1Please help.

:)

brianashley2, Jun 15, 2021
  2. emil_tr Win User

Printscreen/ screenshot?

is printscreen or screenshot possible like on iphone pressing home+power button together? I could manage to find a way.

emil_tr, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Anton Win User
    Greenshot: The hotkey(s) "PrintScreen, Alt + PrintScreen, Ctrl + PrintScreen, ..." could not be registered

Adding on top of @userJT's solution -

Initially, Greenshot complained about "PrintScreen" and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" for me. It appears that "PrintScreen" was taken by OneDrive and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" - by DropBox. After you disable both, problem goes away.

Full list of steps -

1. See the error message like in the question. Panic, google, get to this page printscreen button :)
    2. Note the first key that Greenshot complains about.
      • In most of the cases it will be "PrintScreen", so let's take it as an example.
    3. Press "PrintScreen" on your keyboard.
    4. OneDrive will pop up, prompting to save screenshots to OneDrive. Choose "No, Thanks" there.
    5. Click "Retry" in Greenshot's dialog, note the keys that are still taken.
    6. Repeat steps above for keys that Greenshot cannot register until it succeeds.
      • In my case it was "Ctrl + PrintScreen" that was taken by DropBox.
    7. Enjoy shortcuts in Greenshot printscreen button :)

HTH.

Anton, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Niels83 Win User

printscreen button

printscreen

Both in windows 10 version 20h2 and windows 10 version 2004 I have a problem with print screen: not working.

I have set that when pressing the print screen button the image is automatically saved in onedrive. However, this does not take place.
    Even if I paste the image into MS Word etc after pressing the printscreen button, nothing happens (previous copy-c action is pasted).

Problem occurs when I have been on pc for a while. If I press on printscreen botton immediately after starting the PC, printscreen is working.

I already closed down onedrive and switched on/off save options in onedrive, but nothing is fixing the problem.

Any suggestions?

Niels83, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

printscreen button

1. printscreen button - Similar Threads - printscreen button

2. changing the function of the printscreen button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the function of the printscreen button: Hi,On my laptop, if I press the Print Screen button, it opens the Snipping Tool, but on my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, if I press the Print Screen button, it directly opens the window in which I can draw the area I want to select. It then also directly copies the image into...
  3. changing the function of the printscreen button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the function of the printscreen button: Hi,On my laptop, if I press the Print Screen button, it opens the Snipping Tool, but on my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, if I press the Print Screen button, it directly opens the window in which I can draw the area I want to select. It then also directly copies the image into...
  4. Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left: Hi Community, on my laptop the [Prt Scr] / [Stamp] function has turned defective since 2-3 months.PC CHARACTERISTICSI run a HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop since +2 years. ---------------------------------HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop Processore IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59...
  5. Windows button + Printscreen Win+PrtScn does not save files with date and time anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows button + Printscreen Win+PrtScn does not save files with date and time anymore: Hi,I have problems that my printscreens does not save the files with date and time anymore. Instead Screenshot N is applied.Appearantly this was working before, see attached picture....
  6. Windows button + Printscreen Win+PrtScn does not save files with date and time anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows button + Printscreen Win+PrtScn does not save files with date and time anymore: Hi,I have problems that my printscreens does not save the files with date and time anymore. Instead Screenshot N is applied.Appearantly this was working before, see attached picture....
  7. How to print screen without PrintScreen button

in Windows 10 News
    How to print screen without PrintScreen button: [IMG]In this post, we show you how to take a screenshot without the Print Screen button. You can print screen without PrintScreen button by using any one of these alternative methods. There could be times when the PrintScreen button might not be working, and as a result, you...
  8. Ergo K860 PrintScreen button Does not Print Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ergo K860 PrintScreen button Does not Print Screen: I am trying take a screen capture but everytime I press the printscreen button it just pulls up a file explorer window. How do I fix this or is there another way I can print screen?...
  9. Disable snipping tool or reassign printscreen button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable snipping tool or reassign printscreen button: How do I either disable the snipping tool or reassign the printscreen button so that I can use it for an application that is actually useful? I just got a new machine running windows 10 home....
  10. "PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool: I want to capture some data displayed on the screen. Usually, I would do this by just hitting "PrintScreen" button and then pasting the capture to Paint. But for some reason, it does not work - when I paste the output, I see the old stuff that I previously captured with...