Windows 10: Printscreen glitch?

Discus and support Printscreen glitch? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I have recently reinstalled windows and before having done it, if I would press the Printscreen button, it would let me snip just the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sibisoreana, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Printscreen glitch?

Hi everyone!

I have recently reinstalled windows and before having done it, if I would press the Printscreen button, it would let me snip just the part of the screen I wanted, which, of course, is a setting and then it would give me a notification I would have to click to open the pic, where I could save it or copy it. Now, after reinstalling it, I turned this setting on and I'm pretty sure it just copies my image to the clipboard and I don't receive my notification.

Is this a glitch or do I have to turn something on? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Sibisoreana
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sibisoreana, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Anton Win User

Greenshot: The hotkey(s) "PrintScreen, Alt + PrintScreen, Ctrl + PrintScreen, ..." could not be registered

Adding on top of @userJT's solution -

Initially, Greenshot complained about "PrintScreen" and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" for me. It appears that "PrintScreen" was taken by OneDrive and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" - by DropBox. After you disable both, problem goes away.

Full list of steps -

1. See the error message like in the question. Panic, google, get to this page Printscreen glitch? :)
    2. Note the first key that Greenshot complains about.
      • In most of the cases it will be "PrintScreen", so let's take it as an example.
    3. Press "PrintScreen" on your keyboard.
    4. OneDrive will pop up, prompting to save screenshots to OneDrive. Choose "No, Thanks" there.
    5. Click "Retry" in Greenshot's dialog, note the keys that are still taken.
    6. Repeat steps above for keys that Greenshot cannot register until it succeeds.
      • In my case it was "Ctrl + PrintScreen" that was taken by DropBox.
    7. Enjoy shortcuts in Greenshot Printscreen glitch? :)

HTH.

Anton, Oct 30, 2020
  3. emil_tr Win User
    Printscreen/ screenshot?

is printscreen or screenshot possible like on iphone pressing home+power button together? I could manage to find a way.

emil_tr, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Kalyan Ch Win User

Printscreen glitch?

Printscreen/ screenshot?

This functionality isnt available on WP7 yet. We will have to look forward to 'Mango' and see if that update brings us anything.

There is no API as of now that developers can use in their apps for screen capture..

Kalyan Ch, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Printscreen glitch?

1. Printscreen glitch? - Similar Threads - Printscreen glitch

2. printscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printscreen: Both in windows 10 version 20h2 and windows 10 version 2004 I have a problem with print screen: not working. I have set that when pressing the print screen button the image is automatically saved in onedrive. However, this does not take place. Even if I paste the image into...
  3. Disable snipping tool or reassign printscreen button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable snipping tool or reassign printscreen button: How do I either disable the snipping tool or reassign the printscreen button so that I can use it for an application that is actually useful? I just got a new machine running windows 10 home....
  4. Weird PrintScreen behaviour on a desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird PrintScreen behaviour on a desktop: Hello there. So, my dektop as been behaving quite weirdly, it's an old system and only a few months from getting binned but until then... So, the issue is: I own a gskill ripjaw km780 mx that as been working pretty well so far. Today something weird started happening: I...
  5. Snip & Sketch: It's possible to open the editor window after takes the printscreen?

Snip & Sketch: It's possible to open the editor window after takes the printscreen?: I'm migrating from the Snipping Tool to the Snip & Sketch, but I'm used to opening the snipping tool, taking the screenshot and then the editor window appears, while in Snip & Sketch I press the "printscreen" key, but the editing window does not open after that, I need to...
  6. Saving a printscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving a printscreen: Hi GuysI can take a normal P/S shot, but when I boot up and see the lovely pics of scenery, I was advised to use windows key + P/S key. Then told to do start/pictures/screenshots, but nothing there ? 153173
  7. Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen

Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen: whenever I try to take a screenshot it only captures a quarter of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printscreen-only-captures-a-quarter-of-the-screen/4d1b2415-6dfd-49ad-aa26-876b8f98bf08
  8. printscreen screenshot show a delayed image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printscreen screenshot show a delayed image?: When I try to take a screenshot in minecraft or any other fullscreen game it displayed an image from around 30 seconds ago and not what is currently on the screen So if i look at a tree then look at the ground the screenshot will show the tree I only have this problem...
  9. PrintScreen does not capture 4k

PrintScreen does not capture 4k: Hi, I use 4k monitor. When i press PrintScreen on keyboard or use Snipping tool, Windows captures only 1920x1080 image at the top left corner of the screen and the the rest of the image is black. It does not capture 4k shot. Please help. [IMG]...
  10. "PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool

"PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool: I want to capture some data displayed on the screen. Usually, I would do this by just hitting "PrintScreen" button and then pasting the capture to Paint. But for some reason, it does not work - when I paste the output, I see the old stuff that I previously captured with...