Windows 10: Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen

Discus and support Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; whenever I try to take a screenshot it only captures a quarter of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ahmed Zuhair, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen

whenever I try to take a screenshot it only captures a quarter of the screen

:)

Ahmed Zuhair, Mar 15, 2020
  2. rickss69 Win User

What to use for screen capture

Does anyone know what can be used to capture a screen in 3DMarkVantage when it is running?
    I have tried printscreen and ScreenHunter but both come up black screen. *Confused Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen :confused:

rickss69, Mar 15, 2020
  3. PrintScreen does not capture 4k

Hi,

I use 4k monitor. When i press PrintScreen on keyboard or use Snipping tool, Windows captures only 1920x1080 image at the top left corner of the screen and the the rest of the image is black. It does not capture 4k shot. Please help.

Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen [​IMG]

prabin dahal, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Kalyan Ch Win User

Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen

Printscreen/ screenshot?

This functionality isnt available on WP7 yet. We will have to look forward to 'Mango' and see if that update brings us anything.

There is no API as of now that developers can use in their apps for screen capture..

Kalyan Ch, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen

1. Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen - Similar Threads - Printscreen captures quarter

2. Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defective PrintScreen capturing function missing a 3-pixels column on the left: Hi Community, on my laptop the [Prt Scr] / [Stamp] function has turned defective since 2-3 months.PC CHARACTERISTICSI run a HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop since +2 years. ---------------------------------HP Envy 15-ep0 laptop Processore IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59...
  3. My printer is only printing a quarter of a page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer is only printing a quarter of a page: My Printer is only printing half a page* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-only-printing-a-quarter-of-a-page/0adba4cd-eae4-4b6e-8de8-b1d501b1c270
  4. My printer is only printing a quarter of a page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer is only printing a quarter of a page: My Printer is only printing half a page* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-only-printing-a-quarter-of-a-page/0adba4cd-eae4-4b6e-8de8-b1d501b1c270
  5. printscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printscreen: Both in windows 10 version 20h2 and windows 10 version 2004 I have a problem with print screen: not working. I have set that when pressing the print screen button the image is automatically saved in onedrive. However, this does not take place. Even if I paste the image into...
  6. PrintScreen does not capture 4k

in Windows 10 Customization
    PrintScreen does not capture 4k: Hi, I use 4k monitor. When i press PrintScreen on keyboard or use Snipping tool, Windows captures only 1920x1080 image at the top left corner of the screen and the the rest of the image is black. It does not capture 4k shot. Please help. [IMG]...
  7. Sometimes after sleep the monitor is only showing a quarter of screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sometimes after sleep the monitor is only showing a quarter of screen: This is intermittent, and has only started in the last few weeks. If the PC is woken from sleep sometimes the monitor briefly shows the top-left quarter of the image, then after a second or two blinks and shows it all correctly. The graphics is via the Intel HD Graphics 4600...
  8. "PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "PrintScreen" button captures the old data from Snipping Tool: I want to capture some data displayed on the screen. Usually, I would do this by just hitting "PrintScreen" button and then pasting the capture to Paint. But for some reason, it does not work - when I paste the output, I see the old stuff that I previously captured with...
  9. PrintScreen

PrintScreen: I want to use printscreen to save map to screenshots in OneDrive, but key quit working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printscreen/5b0cd680-7972-4f49-b48a-30600390f3d1
  10. Printscreen

Printscreen: When selecting "FN + PRT SCRN" and then pasting, whether to Word or Paint, all I get is a black screen pasted such as you can see below...How do I fix this? This problem just started within the last few days. It doesn't matter what I'm capturing, whether in game, internet...