Windows 10: printscreen screenshot show a delayed image?

Discus and support printscreen screenshot show a delayed image? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to take a screenshot in minecraft or any other fullscreen game it displayed an image from around 30 seconds ago and not what is currently on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kossjhgd, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Kossjhgd Win User

printscreen screenshot show a delayed image?

When I try to take a screenshot in minecraft or any other fullscreen game it displayed an image from around 30 seconds ago and not what is currently on the screen

So if i look at a tree then look at the ground the screenshot will show the tree

I only have this problem when using fullscreen

On my old laptop i used to be able to press printscreen then paste the image into discord with no issues. This is only a problem on this pc.

I do not use shadowplay or geforce overlay and have turned off the xbox features and i even tried reinstalling windows.

running windows 10 pro

intel i5 9600k

nvidia rtx 2060 super

16gb of ram

1 monitor

:)

Kossjhgd, Mar 12, 2020
  2. emil_tr Win User

Printscreen/ screenshot?

is printscreen or screenshot possible like on iphone pressing home+power button together? I could manage to find a way.

emil_tr, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Kalyan Ch Win User
    Printscreen/ screenshot?

This functionality isnt available on WP7 yet. We will have to look forward to 'Mango' and see if that update brings us anything.

There is no API as of now that developers can use in their apps for screen capture..

Kalyan Ch, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Anton Win User

Greenshot: The hotkey(s) "PrintScreen, Alt + PrintScreen, Ctrl + PrintScreen, ..." could not be registered

Adding on top of @userJT's solution -

Initially, Greenshot complained about "PrintScreen" and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" for me. It appears that "PrintScreen" was taken by OneDrive and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" - by DropBox. After you disable both, problem goes away.

Full list of steps -

1. See the error message like in the question. Panic, google, get to this page printscreen screenshot show a delayed image? :)
    2. Note the first key that Greenshot complains about.
      • In most of the cases it will be "PrintScreen", so let's take it as an example.
    3. Press "PrintScreen" on your keyboard.
    4. OneDrive will pop up, prompting to save screenshots to OneDrive. Choose "No, Thanks" there.
    5. Click "Retry" in Greenshot's dialog, note the keys that are still taken.
    6. Repeat steps above for keys that Greenshot cannot register until it succeeds.
      • In my case it was "Ctrl + PrintScreen" that was taken by DropBox.
    7. Enjoy shortcuts in Greenshot printscreen screenshot show a delayed image? :)

HTH.

Anton, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. printscreen screenshot show a delayed image? - Similar Threads - printscreen screenshot show

2. Window+printscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window+printscreen: Till few days back I used to take screenshot using windows+printscreen keys. But recently I couldn't take screenshots that way. I checked keys. Both Windows key and printscreen key are working properly. Can someone help me to solve this !ps: I know we can use other ways to...
  3. Delay after saving images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay after saving images: Within the last hour, and for no discernable reason, after choosing the name for an image I want to save, it takes three seconds for the download pop-up to actually show up, in other words, three seconds before I can save another image. My internet connection is fine, and it...
  4. printscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printscreen: Both in windows 10 version 20h2 and windows 10 version 2004 I have a problem with print screen: not working. I have set that when pressing the print screen button the image is automatically saved in onedrive. However, this does not take place. Even if I paste the image into...
  5. Printscreen glitch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Printscreen glitch?: Hi everyone! I have recently reinstalled windows and before having done it, if I would press the Printscreen button, it would let me snip just the part of the screen I wanted, which, of course, is a setting and then it would give me a notification I would have to click to...
  6. Screenshots getting delayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshots getting delayed: Hi, soo i recently built a new pc and i am having this issue with the screenshots the "ctrl+prtsc" one. When i use this shortcut to take a screenshot, it captures the screen from 5-6 seconds ago and not what is currently displayed on the screen. This is only happening when i...
  7. Controlled Folder Access and Screenshots with Win + Printscreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access and Screenshots with Win + Printscreen: I use to make Screenshots to the C:\Users\Username\Pictures\Screenshots\ with the WIN + Printscreen short key but if I turn on Controlled Folder Access then no screenshots are saved. explorer.exe has access to the protected folders. Any suggestion?...
  8. PrintScreen

PrintScreen: I want to use printscreen to save map to screenshots in OneDrive, but key quit working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printscreen/5b0cd680-7972-4f49-b48a-30600390f3d1
  9. Printscreen

Printscreen: When selecting "FN + PRT SCRN" and then pasting, whether to Word or Paint, all I get is a black screen pasted such as you can see below...How do I fix this? This problem just started within the last few days. It doesn't matter what I'm capturing, whether in game, internet...
  10. printscreen

printscreen: The Printscreen in not fonctionning : how to fix this? Where to go for the configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/printscreen/5f8bf7b4-7ac9-4f79-bff5-0a07cf0477ff