Windows 10: privacy alerts re: allow cookies

Discus and support privacy alerts re: allow cookies in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Once again I'm constantly receiving the privacy alert asking to allow or block cookies. The pop-up box does not allow me to check to be certain how... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by klaro 1590, Aug 13, 2019.

1. privacy alerts re: allow cookies

Once again I'm constantly receiving the privacy alert asking to allow or block cookies. The pop-up box does not allow me to check to be certain how the cookie options is set. in IE or Edge browsers I use. After several years of trying I still do not understand what are "cookies" (what a childish word in an electronic era). Cannot understand which option to use: allow, block, or block third parties. Don't really understand what "third parties' is referring to also. Please enlighten me. I am the sole user of a desktop pc using windows 10 version 1809(I did not download v. 1903). I'm also far too old to be playing with these things, but keep trying. HELP!

:)

klaro 1590, Aug 13, 2019

2. How to Allow Cookies on the computer.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. In which browser are you trying to allow the cookies?
    2. Do you get any error message while allowing the cookies?
    3. What is the operating system that you have installed on your computer? (To check the Version and Edition of your Windows, you can refer

Which Windows operating system am I running?
      ).

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Method 1: Allow Cookies on Internet Explorer.

If you are trying to allow the cookies on Internet Explorer, then you can follow the section
    Block or allow cookies mentioned in
    Delete and manage cookies
    and see if this helps.

Method 2: Allow Cookies on Microsoft Edge.

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Edge > Click on the
    (3 dots) toolbar button > Click on Settings.

Step 2: Then, scroll down and click on View advanced settings.

Step 3: Under View advanced settings, scroll down and under
    Cookies, select Don't block cookies from the drop-down list.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 13, 2019
  3. message pops up: Privacy alert: website asking to save file

* Merged

* Original title: Privacy Alerts message on screen does not allow me to click the Tools Icon to change cookies to block cookies

I allowed cookies setting in order to be able to go to my gmail...but since then the Privacy Alert remains on screen, not allowing me to click anything on IE's page. I need to get to Internet options to change cookies setting back to third party block.
    Will appreciate any help, have tried everything but message remains on screen

klaro 1590, Aug 13, 2019
  4. mimi0924 Win User

privacy alerts re: allow cookies

I click on something, I keep getting all these constant nagging Pop-Up Cookie Alerts that keep asking do I want to "Block or Allow Cookies"?

<Original title: Cookies & Blocking>

I have a new Surface Pro 4 and when I'm in Internet Explorer, every time I click on something, I keep getting all these constant

Nagging Pop-Up Cookie Alerts that keep asking do I want to "Block or Allow Cookies"?

I've gone into: Internet Options, Privacy, then Advanced.

and under COOKIES... Do I choose to "Access, Block or Prompt (under both the 1st Party & the 3 Party columns) and do I

"Always Allow Session Cookies or not" to keep from getting these constant & nagging Cookie Alerts???

mimi0924, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

privacy alerts re: allow cookies

1. privacy alerts re: allow cookies - Similar Threads - privacy alerts allow

2. Privacy Alert "Cookie Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Alert "Cookie Information": Privacy Alert This was coming from a pop up saying yahoo and other domains are requesting to save a file on my computer called cookie. This is the data d=AQABBAT-YWMCEJ0KAXSkOGhqnDepEtYeLvoFEgEBAQFPY2NrYwAAAAAA_eMAAA&S=AQAAAro-b--7nTh5ZzP82VRSr3oI need more information...
  3. Privacy Alert "Cookie Information"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy Alert "Cookie Information": Privacy Alert This was coming from a pop up saying yahoo and other domains are requesting to save a file on my computer called cookie. This is the data d=AQABBAT-YWMCEJ0KAXSkOGhqnDepEtYeLvoFEgEBAQFPY2NrYwAAAAAA_eMAAA&S=AQAAAro-b--7nTh5ZzP82VRSr3oI need more information...
  4. Cookies must be allowed Revisited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cookies must be allowed Revisited: I've decided to go back and get answers to questions that no one working for your company is intelligent enough to answer. you 1st reply will prove this all over again :...
  5. Cookies must be allowed Revisited

Cookies must be allowed Revisited: I've decided to go back and get answers to questions that no one working for your company is intelligent enough to answer. you 1st reply will prove this all over again :...
  6. Cookies must be allowed Revisited

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Microsoft now "cares about our privacy" and allows 3rd party cookies on the home page of Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft now "cares about our privacy" and allows 3rd party cookies on the home page of Edge.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fan7a_Orange [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o16owl/microsoft_now_cares_about_our_privacy_and_allows/
  8. cookies and re signing in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cookies and re signing in: Hi - Just recently every time I go to a site I'm either asked to resign into whatever it is. My Gmail isn't showing all accounts and I'm having to resign in and re-add the accounts every time. I'm also having to agree to cookies on every site every time. I've enabled...
  9. CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy

CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy: Amazon knows me: hello ..... Although I use a vpn, I am registered by my cookies (I presume). Using CCleaner you are able to clean/remove your cookies. This works for Firefox. Amazon doesnot recognize me anymore. However, it does not work for Internet Explorer (my...
  10. Privacy, Allowing - using Google Cookies with Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy, Allowing - using Google Cookies with Chrome on Windows 10: I need to ask what others are doing about allowing Microsoft Cookies use with Windows 10. I mostly use Google Chrome (for many years) as my browser and I have always had a problem with settings in being able allow cookies when using Chrome. I am not afraid of allowing MS...