Windows 10: Privacy and Windows 10

Discus and support Privacy and Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In today’s connected world, maintaining our privacy is an incredibly important topic to each of us, thus we welcome the questions and the feedback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Privacy and Windows 10

Source: Privacy and Windows 10 | Blogging Windows

Brink, Sep 27, 2015
  2. essenbe Win User

Thanks for posting that, Shawn.

:)

essenbe, Sep 27, 2015
  3. zelozelos Win User
    Minecraft windows 10 edition and privacy and online settings

slight correction, we can play together i guess via lan i dont know how, but we cannot chat

zelozelos, Sep 27, 2015
  4. Privacy and Windows 10

Minecraft windows 10 edition and privacy and online settings

Glad to hear things are running smoothly. If anything else comes up, we're
    here to further assist you.

Jomari Arc, Sep 27, 2015
  5. z3r010 Win User
    More -
    Microsoft Finally Confirms That Windows 10 Does Not Violate Your Privacy

Read More:- https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...e-your-privacy

z3r010, Sep 27, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    Thanks, that was a good read.

Rocky, Sep 27, 2015
  7. JohnC Win User
    Thanks, That was worth reading.

JohnC, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Dave44 Win User

Privacy and Windows 10

bet some will still be telling windows 10 spies on you lies

Dave44, Sep 27, 2015
  9. Berton Win User
    Berton, Sep 28, 2015
  10. jyusa Win User
    Still there are people don't buy that. At least I believe these facts are good.

jyusa, Sep 28, 2015
  11. simrick Win User
    simrick, Sep 28, 2015
  12. jyusa Win User
    So as I believed, that each personal information/credit is too little valued that MS won't even have enough interest to get involved.

jyusa, Sep 28, 2015
  13. waltc Win User

Privacy and Windows 10

For all of those folks worried to the point of distraction by Windows 10, I have decided to provide something special for people obsessed with the notion that their privacy is being violated...without further ado, here is my significant contribution (which I've already shared elsewhere with other lucky websites!):

If you follow my patented instructions, I will guarantee you 100% privacy, both in your life and on the Internet. Sound good? Yes, it does, doesn't it? Music to your ears. OK, it's simple. You send me a certified cashier's check for $999.95 (cheap price to pay for absolute privacy for the rest of your life, right?) and in return, as soon as it clears your bank, I will send you my exclusive Right To Privacy PhD certificate and brainiac-approved privacy course issued by the prestigious Duck University medical school right here in the US of R (college degree is lifelike and suitable for framing and wall hanging.) Yes, you heard right. I will make you an expert on privacy--amaze your friends, astound your cousins! You will be known henceforth as "the answer man" at parties and social gatherings everywhere!

You know what?...Since I am among friends here, I'm going to waive my customary fee and simply provide you with the instructions you need to achieve and possibly even maintain 100% privacy in your life, you poor, abused, trampled human being who has been ruthlessly whipped and beaten by the relentless corporate machine! How dare those horrible people offer to give you something free--has to be a honey-pot, right? Got to! Yea! (Please be advised that since I am performing what is essentially a public service that there will be no PhD certificate for you, however, unless and until I receive the above-mentioned remuneration.)

Patented Instruction #1: Stay at home and never leave your home again, for any reason. The problem with leaving home is one not fully appreciated by lesser minds in the privacy field. I will show you how to stay at home, forever, guaranteeing your freedom from the teeming, slavering, germ-infested mobs that inhabit the highways and byways of all public streets and shopping areas! I even include a few tips on how to keep your home safe from foreclosure and your utilities turned on even though you must, of course, terminate any employment which requires you to leave the sanctity of your home and violates your privacy in the process. My course will teach you how to tear down the foreclosure signs the bank puts up in front of your house, how to successfully hide from the Sheriff when he's sent out to evict you, and how to splice into your neighbor's power lines undetected! Such life-changing knowledge now can be yours!

Patented Instruction #2: Permanently disconnect from the Internet and cancel your other communications utilities like phone service, etc. Why? Because they can listen in, and they can spy on you as you browse the Internet, right? We both know that they are everywhere, relentlessly set upon divulging even your innermost thoughts if only they can reach them...!

Don't delay, act today! The only thing you have to lose is your privacy!

(The above message is brought to you by the Carnegie Institute for Clear Thought & Righteous Satire, and any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental.)

waltc, Sep 28, 2015
  14. jyusa Win User
    *Thumbs*Roflmao2*Thumbs

jyusa, Sep 28, 2015
  15. groze Win User
    Some of those commenter's brought up some good points. They will need to rewrite the EULA before some will believe them and one commenter is a developer.

My concern is the E.U.L.A. says they collect passwords and record sites you visit. They never said anything about that. Why would they need to record a site you visit using Firefox? Storing or uploading password that related to Microsoft Account or app purchase that ok with me.

Another thing that bugs me it says they may turn over data to legal authority? If they don't collect data, how would they know what data to turn over? Just for the record I am not doing anything illegal.

groze, Sep 28, 2015
Thema:

Privacy and Windows 10

1. Privacy and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Privacy

2. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?: is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-legitimate-owner-or-is-the-email-a-scam/43f61c67-66d2-4f6c-83d9-8c07efd0d7e8
  3. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?: is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-legitimate-owner-or-is-the-email-a-scam/43f61c67-66d2-4f6c-83d9-8c07efd0d7e8
  4. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone: Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-privacy-protection-on-ms-defender/eb14a286-90d5-47f7-bdfb-9aa6a5e7508f
  6. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone: Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-privacy-protection-on-ms-defender/eb14a286-90d5-47f7-bdfb-9aa6a5e7508f
  7. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings: I recently bought a new PC and it seems a lot of windows features are still missing, one is Windows Security. I have watched tutorials online and saw that they have Windows Security in Privacy & security settings but my PC doesn't have that option, only Find my device is...
  9. Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings

Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings: I recently bought a new PC and it seems a lot of windows features are still missing, one is Windows Security. I have watched tutorials online and saw that they have Windows Security in Privacy & security settings but my PC doesn't have that option, only Find my device is...
  10. Disabling Copilot and personal privacy

Disabling Copilot and personal privacy: Hello! I would like to have no interactions with Copilot, including having my inputs captured for "training" purposes.Can you please clarify if disabling Copilot through the registry will also accomplish the goal of preventing user inputs from being captured by Copilot, are...