Windows 10: Privacy and Windows 10

Discus and support Privacy and Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; So go for it! Challenging MS to get answers to you. We'll be glad to see What the outcome is? Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 27, 2015.

1. jyusa Win User

Privacy and Windows 10

So go for it! Challenging MS to get answers to you. We'll be glad to see What the outcome is?

jyusa, Sep 28, 2015

2. Hmmmm......................

From Shawn's original post, someone named "Terry" writes:

1: Windows 10 collects information so the product will work better for you.

2. You are in control with the ability to determine what information is collected.

Does "You are in control with the ability to" mean "You can"?

You'd think so, but who would dare assume that?

If it does mean "you can", how can statement 1 be true?

That is: If I can determine what information is collected, how can Microsoft collect anything? Can I or can't I choose "nothing". If I cannot choose "nothing", how can statement 2 be true? If I can choose "nothing", how can statement 1 be true?

Or does statement 2 actually mean "You can determine what information is collected, within certain limitations that Microsoft alone can set. Microsoft reserves the right to collect certain information, irrespective of your choices."

It appears to be as Humpty Dumpty famously informed Alice: "when I use a word, it means exactly what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less."

Communication in standard English doesn't appear to be Microsoft's (or "Terry's") strong suit. Pity neither can hire a native English speaker to examine what they put out, rather than continually stepping in it.

ignatzatsonic, Sep 28, 2015
  3. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Just love reading this sutff. . .it gives me a good laugh. . .*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

4. fredc Win User

Privacy and Windows 10

You understand it perfectly , i keep thinking that why is it so obvious to some and totally confusing to others , many clearly don't get it and thats unfortunate .

Bottom line , some don't mind being deceived and some do , it's really just that simple .

fredc, Sep 28, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    BTW, I believe the 'someone named Terry' is Terry Myerson, Executive Vice President of Windows Development Group.

essenbe, Sep 28, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Steve, you shouldn't have revealed that!

For the fun factor of this ongoing debate, purposely misinterpreting the words from "someone called Terry" makes it much easier to discredit and twist the message than to do the same with words from a specifically named MS excutive.

7. essenbe Win User
    My apologies, Kari. But, the secret has now been revealed and you can't put the Genie back in the bottle, as they say.

essenbe, Sep 28, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Privacy and Windows 10

I was just waiting for the first one to show up on this thread

Privacy and Windows 10 [​IMG]

Cheaper by the Dozen!

Cliff S, Sep 28, 2015
  9. hTconeM9user, Sep 28, 2015
  10. fredc Win User
    I think a lot of people understand just by reading certain comments who the likely author of the wording is , some people don't i'm sure but reading between the lines isn't hard with this stuff.

fredc, Sep 28, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Sep 28, 2015
  12. fredc Win User
    This guy has it right also :

What is BS to me is even if you turn off all the things MS says to turn off to avoid privacy concerns it is not really being disabled .
    So when Terry says YOU have control of what we collect information wise he's doing a " you can keep your doctor" to me all over again , it's BS .

Thanks Terry , nothing more i enjoy than being directly lied to lol.

fredc, Sep 28, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

Privacy and Windows 10

MS can have all of my data, I do not care. They have to follow the rule of Law and cannot disclose any data to Law Enforcement unless they are given a signed Federal Warrant. This kind of stuff has been going on way before Windows 10 came out. I have other more important things to concern myself with. I , at one time did care but it is pointless.

14. fredc Win User
    Oh no you don't Gary , this discussion is not pointless and can often develop in an all out brawl to the death using prehistoric weaponry , stand tough my friend , NO MERCY.

fredc, Sep 28, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    I did not say the discussion is pointless, I said it is pointless for me to concern myself with MS's data collection as this has been going on for years. Ever hear of that Guy Snow*** something or other??

Thema:

Privacy and Windows 10

1. Privacy and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Privacy

2. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?: is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-legitimate-owner-or-is-the-email-a-scam/43f61c67-66d2-4f6c-83d9-8c07efd0d7e8
  3. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?: is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-legitimate-owner-or-is-the-email-a-scam/43f61c67-66d2-4f6c-83d9-8c07efd0d7e8
  4. is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the legitimate owner or is the email a scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone: Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-privacy-protection-on-ms-defender/eb14a286-90d5-47f7-bdfb-9aa6a5e7508f
  6. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone: Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-privacy-protection-on-ms-defender/eb14a286-90d5-47f7-bdfb-9aa6a5e7508f
  7. Cannot turn on Privacy Protection on MS Defender in iPhone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings: I recently bought a new PC and it seems a lot of windows features are still missing, one is Windows Security. I have watched tutorials online and saw that they have Windows Security in Privacy & security settings but my PC doesn't have that option, only Find my device is...
  9. Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings

Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings: I recently bought a new PC and it seems a lot of windows features are still missing, one is Windows Security. I have watched tutorials online and saw that they have Windows Security in Privacy & security settings but my PC doesn't have that option, only Find my device is...
  10. Disabling Copilot and personal privacy

Disabling Copilot and personal privacy: Hello! I would like to have no interactions with Copilot, including having my inputs captured for "training" purposes.Can you please clarify if disabling Copilot through the registry will also accomplish the goal of preventing user inputs from being captured by Copilot, are...