Windows 10: Privacy and Windows 10

Discus and support Privacy and Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I am not to worried about the Privacy issue, I am still cautious. Otherwise, I would be using windows 10-32 bit more than I would windows 7 64 bit. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 27, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Privacy and Windows 10

I am not to worried about the Privacy issue, I am still cautious. Otherwise, I would be using windows 10-32 bit more than I would windows 7 64 bit. I also use Linux as well. I am ok with Microsoft keeping certain things. I am not ok with them saving password or credit card info that is not related to a Microsoft account or an app purchase.

The one thing that bugs me, if you don't change a setting you will use more isp bandwidth.

groze, Dec 5, 2015
  2. fredc Win User

Everybody knows by now or should know that MS is clearly collecting a lot more info about users with the new OS than in the past , there is no denying that .

Whether it bothers an individual enough to effect their choice for an OS is another matter entirely , but it should not be denied that it is a part of the new OS's philosophy on providing a better computing experience.

fredc, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Cliff S New Member
    Every single search engine does that too, even when you think you're anonymously surfing, the have your PC make, some of the parts, your ISP. I wouldn't worry about the metadata Microsoft collects, the search engines and 3rd party sites sell your information.

Try WhatsMyIP.org | More Info About You

browserspy.dk

Cliff S, Dec 5, 2015
  4. groze Win User

Privacy and Windows 10

Cliff S,

What you listed in the previous post, number 77. I wouldn't call all those listed a privacy issue, maybe a few of 3rd party programs that the browsers support might have privacy issues. Aside from the 3 party programs, you need most of those browser internal controls or you wouldn't have a browser.

groze, Dec 5, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I was just saying that the search engines and sites you visit also collect a mountain of info on you that can include prior visited sites and ads you clicked and the such, but the opposite of Microsoft, they make profit with that info. If you click the 1st link and don't use something like CyberGhost 5 and turn your precious add-ons off, they know where you just were in the internet and approximately where you physically are.

Cliff S, Dec 5, 2015
  6. fredc Win User
    Theres no need to come up with other things/ companies who are also guilty of it .

fredc, Dec 5, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    You seem all to willing to point out what you claim MS is doing so why not list them all?

BunnyJ, Dec 5, 2015
  8. fredc Win User

Privacy and Windows 10

Really lol , hasn't this info been gone over a thousand times already by every forum and tech site on the net , yes it has and you know that .

All i was doing is pointing out that your laughing about other peoples concerns about privacy and saying it doesn't exist is not very helpful , people know it exist , you know it exist but appear to just laugh off anybody who has a concern about it .

Granted some people make it more than it actually is but it does exist , denying that is just not being truthful.

Have a good day Sir.

fredc, Dec 5, 2015
  9. zooburner Win User
    I tend to agree

Of course there are others who love to spy on your activities, the difference is though the O.S. has access to everything you do and write, every file you open, every picture you store, every e-mail you send, every program you install (no matter the provider) it's at the very heart of absolutely everything you do.

Microsoft even puts adverts on your start menu by default, yes you can turn it off for now but that may not last. If you want some degree of privacy you really have to hunt round your computer to turn things off, or use a hack. It even thinks it's fine to share your bandwidth with the whole internet without telling you.

If absolute privacy was the default in Windows 10, how many people do you think would think to themselves ''Ahh hang on there are loads of others who collect information about me, why don't I let my O.S. provider watch everything I do also it's silly not to because I'm watched anyway'' and then turn them on ?

The O.S. lies at the heart of a machine I paid for, not Microsoft, My writings are mine not Microsoft's I fear that people have been fooled by a sleight of hand, most people simply would not understand how to turn off most of the information Microsoft feels free to share about your activities and your computer, privacy should be the default.

zoo

zooburner, Dec 6, 2015
  10. groze Win User
    Hmm, I think that is called the insider program. Original Microsoft wasn't going to included the tracking stuff or whatever you want to call it in the release version. I am kind of surprised Microsoft included in the release version. I thought Microsoft would have enough insiders to test these systems. Remember, one wrong setting you could unintentionally violate H.I.P.P.A. in the U.S.

groze, Dec 6, 2015
  11. gator2013 Win User
    If MS was only monitoring, collecting and storing telemetry data relevant to system performance and not any personal data then will someone please explain why MS needs to spend a massive amount of money storing this data in a highly encrypted format in some far off foreign land?

Remember, for Cortana to work as designed it needs to build an extensive user profile. If this isn't personal information then I don't know what is.

gator2013, Dec 6, 2015
  12. zooburner Win User
    Hi gator
    I think they are storing information in Germany to keep it out of the U.S. courts jurisdiction reach.. though not sure.

zooburner, Dec 6, 2015
  13. LEE
    Lee Win User

Privacy and Windows 10

*Ditto*Ditto*Ditto. . .well Hippi. . .its your move. . .*Smile

Thema:

Privacy and Windows 10

1. Privacy and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Privacy

2. Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings: I recently bought a new PC and it seems a lot of windows features are still missing, one is Windows Security. I have watched tutorials online and saw that they have Windows Security in Privacy & security settings but my PC doesn't have that option, only Find my device is...
  3. Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings: I recently bought a new PC and it seems a lot of windows features are still missing, one is Windows Security. I have watched tutorials online and saw that they have Windows Security in Privacy & security settings but my PC doesn't have that option, only Find my device is...
  4. Disabling Copilot and personal privacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Copilot and personal privacy: Hello! I would like to have no interactions with Copilot, including having my inputs captured for "training" purposes.Can you please clarify if disabling Copilot through the registry will also accomplish the goal of preventing user inputs from being captured by Copilot, are...
  5. Disabling Copilot and personal privacy

Disabling Copilot and personal privacy: Hello! I would like to have no interactions with Copilot, including having my inputs captured for "training" purposes.Can you please clarify if disabling Copilot through the registry will also accomplish the goal of preventing user inputs from being captured by Copilot, are...
  6. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: you cuntflaps can **** stop showing me bullcock that i specifically turned the **** off in my settings. you fagget **** **** cant do **** for your customers either, apparently. Whatever mod is gonna delete this thread: Go get GANGRAPED up EVERY hole in your WORTHLESS body,...
  7. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: you cuntflaps can **** stop showing me bullcock that i specifically turned the **** off in my settings. you fagget **** **** cant do **** for your customers either, apparently. Whatever mod is gonna delete this thread: Go get GANGRAPED up EVERY hole in your WORTHLESS body,...
  8. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: I have EVERYTHING turned off yet it acts like it is ALL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! you fagget **** hoes at microsoft can **** get your goddamn **** the **** together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the **** are my settings being 100% IGNORED??????????!!!!!!!!!! You cuntflaps could start giving...
  10. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: I have EVERYTHING turned off yet it acts like it is ALL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! you fagget **** hoes at microsoft can **** get your goddamn **** the **** together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the **** are my settings being 100% IGNORED??????????!!!!!!!!!! You cuntflaps could start giving...