Windows 10: Privacy concerns of using Microsoft software using school account.

Discus and support Privacy concerns of using Microsoft software using school account. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Recently I started building my computer, but have not gotten any software for it. I heard that I could get Windows 10 Education for cheap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yTatoka, May 7, 2020.

1. Privacy concerns of using Microsoft software using school account.

Hi everyone,

Recently I started building my computer, but have not gotten any software for it. I heard that I could get Windows 10 Education for cheap if I use my school email or something, but does that gives my school any connection with my PC?

Also with Microsoft Office, I plan on just downloading that using my school's email too, same question but does that give my school any control over my PC compared to me buying the OS and software on my own?

Also I am not connecting to Azure AD or any of those stuff.

Would be great if anyone could help me with this, i don't really trust my school on my computer. cheers

submitted by /u/yTatoka
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yTatoka, May 7, 2020

2. Privacy concerns

Hi Werner,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you seeing any error message or not able to access websites?
    2. What issues are you facing with your online privacy and security?

For blurry applications, follow the steps mentioned in Fix apps that appear blurry in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

We await your reply.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 7, 2020
  3. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 7, 2020
  4. M4v3r1ck Win User

Privacy concerns of using Microsoft software using school account.

M4v3r1ck, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Privacy concerns of using Microsoft software using school account.

1. Privacy concerns of using Microsoft software using school account. - Similar Threads - Privacy concerns using

2. Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account: Recently I have seen that in my signin activity section of Microsoft account there are many login attempts from unknown locations. And today I even received a mail stating that someone was trying to login in my Amazon account. I am very much worried and tensed and feeling...
  3. Privacy concern !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy concern !: Hello,Today when i was uninstalling unwanted apps i saw remote desktop connection. I don't think I installed that application or used it either. I recently added my school account to my Personal computer, I doubt that because I added my school account to my PC, this app got...
  4. Privacy concern !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy concern !: Hello,Today when i was uninstalling unwanted apps i saw remote desktop connection. I don't think I installed that application or used it either. I recently added my school account to my Personal computer, I doubt that because I added my school account to my PC, this app got...
  5. How to *not* use school account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to *not* use school account: My university has a school account to use web mails and such, so I occasionally check outlook from time to time. But now when I bring up my window start menu, my school name is at the top and it says I am logged in with my school microsoft account. How do I log out or get rid...
  6. Sign in to Microsoft Store using work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in to Microsoft Store using work or school account: Hi.In the new Microsoft Store, I was not able to find an option to sign in to the Store with my work or school account in addition to my personal Microsoft account.In the Windows 10 version of the new Microsoft Store, I found a button to add a work or school account to gain...
  7. Sign in to Microsoft Store using work or school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in to Microsoft Store using work or school account: Hi.In the new Microsoft Store, I was not able to find an option to sign in to the Store with my work or school account in addition to my personal Microsoft account.In the Windows 10 version of the new Microsoft Store, I found a button to add a work or school account to gain...
  8. Privacy concerns of connecting to work or school account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy concerns of connecting to work or school account: How much control does my company have over my computer if I am connected to companies Azure AD? I want to use my work computer for personal use, can they access my personal files and information such my browsing history, photos, saved password information etc.? There is no...
  9. Privacy concern

Privacy concern: I got a video shows that windoes send screenshot to server The link is below https://youtu.be/zgs9g-Q-Zm8 Does windows send any screenshot ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-concern/2234f8cb-f1f4-484a-a227-acf01e0adfde"
  10. Privacy concerns

Privacy concerns: I have a serious concern regarding my online privacy and security and can not seem to come right despite clean installs, premium AV etc. The problem seems to follow despite any efforts including use of a vpn. I do realize strange activity aswel like a program will load very...