Windows 10: Privacy issue with File Explorer in Frequent Places

Discus and support Privacy issue with File Explorer in Frequent Places in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all, How to remove the file list from Frequent places when you click on the File Tab in File Explorer in Windows 10 Home?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonyCheruvathur, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Privacy issue with File Explorer in Frequent Places

Dear all,

How to remove the file list from Frequent places when you click on the File Tab in File Explorer in Windows 10 Home?

:)

TonyCheruvathur, Jul 12, 2020

2. Windows 8.1 file explorer delete history/ frequent places list, will not function to delete.

Every time I try to delete Windows file explorer's history & frequent places list, the list just "pops" right back up to stay cluttered.

I have to use the (choose location) of move or copy files, when the list is full of prior places.

lee vernon, Jul 12, 2020
  3. pascalwil Win User
    Click on a Frequent places folder in File Explorer runs takeownership

As title says instead of opening the folder a click on a Frequent places folder in File Explorer runs takeownership command.
    Weird. I have no clue on how to get it to default behavior ie opening the folder
    Thanks to the tuto I can clear and even prevent the Frequent places to fill in but I'd rather have it working properly.
    Begging for help. Thanks

Edit
    Only when click done from File Explorer Frequent places in taskbar
    OK when done from File in File Explorer menu then folder opens
    In case it helps to point to the right registry key.

Cheers

pascalwil, Jul 12, 2020
  4. jsmonroe Win User

Privacy issue with File Explorer in Frequent Places

Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

It is not just a name change - there is "frequent folders" and "recent files" --- there is not "recent folders"

There are only a few folders when you right click on the taskbar icon - previous Windows had a longer list under the "Recent Places" folder

jsmonroe, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Privacy issue with File Explorer in Frequent Places

1. Privacy issue with File Explorer in Frequent Places - Similar Threads - Privacy issue File

2. File Explorer frequently stops responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer frequently stops responding: Consistently, when i access certain files, usually ones a couple folders in, my file explorer will stop responding and do nothing until restarted.I have read a lot of readily available help, suggesting things like "sfc/scannow" in cmd or a system health check in powershell,...
  3. File Explorer frequently stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer frequently stops responding: Consistently, when i access certain files, usually ones a couple folders in, my file explorer will stop responding and do nothing until restarted.I have read a lot of readily available help, suggesting things like "sfc/scannow" in cmd or a system health check in powershell,...
  4. File Explorer frequently stops responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Privacy issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy issues: Why is it that Microsoft logs my personal searches on my laptop online? This is disgusting and scary when u use the private search bar to search for something on your laptop, Microsoft immediately logs in the information on its browser Microsoft Edge and proposes you the...
  6. Privacy issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy issues: When I try to access a website from one that I know is safe such as Martha Stewart I constantly get a message saying the website is not safe. This happens on emails and also on sites I know are safe and I want to look at the info listed on the safe site. Is there a setting I...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer Frequent Places Corrupt After Deleting AutomaticDestinations-ms &...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File Explorer Frequent Places Corrupt After Deleting AutomaticDestinations-ms &...: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home Edition. After deleting jump list AutomaticDestinations-ms & CustomDestinations-ms files under %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent, I noticed that the default pinned locations under File Explorer contains a corrupt entry. Normally,...
  8. File Explorer Opening Randomly and Frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Opening Randomly and Frequently: Title says it all. I was playing a game the other day when I noticed that there were no borders, so my mouse cursor would go to my second monitor while I was playing. This could be unrelated, but I thought it started happening after this, and it might have been caused by me...
  9. file explorer's frequent folders quantity

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer's frequent folders quantity: is it possible to change the File Explorer's Frequent Folders maximum to 20 (or any other number)? 119675
  10. Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?: Much as I like Windows 10 (despite an unnecessarily difficult installation), I'm horrified to find that they have apparently abandoned the 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' folders - which I used constantly and had grown to love. Are they hiding them somewhere? Is there a...