Privacy issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update

Discus and support Privacy issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As part of my automatic updates settings, I just got updated with the Windows 10 April 2018 update. With all the new "features" I worry about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Curious, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Curious Win User

As part of my automatic updates settings, I just got updated with the Windows 10 April 2018 update. With all the new "features" I worry about the privacy issues these features must create. Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me what additional privacy risks these new features are creatng and - more importantly - how do I prevent whatever new data they leak to Microsoft?

Also is the update known to change any of the settings present before the update?

Thank you.

:)

Curious, Jul 3, 2018
  2. biffzinker Win User

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jul 3, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Privacy issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Privacy issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update scu-png.png

newtekie1, Jul 3, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Privacy issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update - Similar Threads - Privacy issues April

2. Privacy issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy issue: Why is it that my profile picture is on the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/privacy-issue/32b4b6bf-b790-4b6e-9e2c-ed4afd2911be
  3. Doesn't windows respect privacy anymore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doesn't windows respect privacy anymore?: I know windows stopped caring about respecting users privacy ages ago, forcing more advanced users to use custom dlls blocking services and messing up with way deeper settings buried in lost dark places of windows. What I cant understand is that after all of that, with...
  4. XBOX Live Privacy Settings Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Live Privacy Settings Problems: Hello, So, me and my friends are trying to set up a Minecraft Realms server so that we can all play online together without going through some other thing. The problem is that whenever we try to access Minecraft Realms, it gives us the same message: "You cannot play on...
  5. Privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy: My pc name Desktop ended with GEFAG6N, anyone knows what GEFAG6N means? This is something new, didn't have it before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/privacy/6e3cec48-7194-4a68-9922-0303d32affb0"
  6. Error of privacy statement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error of privacy statement: My Pc is blocking on Microsoft privacy statement , which refers my old HP PC. I was trying to accept all the rules/ points many times, but on the next page I get information that : it verificates error , try another time. I was trying to do sth with HP ricovery manager,...
  7. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy settings: Hello. When I try to change my privacy and online safety settings on the Xbox website and press submit it says a problem occurred and it tells me to try again later. I've tried it many times. My account is a parent account. I'm trying to change this so I can play Xbox games...
  8. Privacy issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy issues: Now I have had a look and cannot find anything near what I want to know. My beef with Windows 10 is and always will be the issue with privacy because I don't believe anyone has the right to access my personal data and email content which always has the probability of...
  9. Windows 10 Privacy issues please help me understand

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Privacy issues please help me understand: I read the 12,000 words agreement which told me that without a warant or any court order that Microsoft under there own rules, since they do not infringe on indiviuals rights as they are a corporation, can do what the wish with all ans any data on my computer inclind reading...
  10. Win 10 Privacy Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Privacy Issues: I recently received an email stating that Win 10 Privacy Statement essentially gives permission to MS to log any/all information obtained from a user and do anything with it including selling the info. This apparently includes email, browser views etc. I did not believe...