Windows 10: Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.

Discus and support Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay, I have researched a lot on this matter of the privacy settings on Windows 10 before having to come to this conclusion. My Microphone Privacy... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Angie2102, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Angie2102 Win User

Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.

Okay, I have researched a lot on this matter of the privacy settings on Windows 10 before having to come to this conclusion. My Microphone Privacy settings for the Xbox Game Recorder is Broken. I try to turn the mic on and it says that my privacy settings don't allow that and a button appears saying "Show me how to fix it". If I click that button it brings me to the privacy settings I previously mentioned. What shows is quite stupid, It says all the microphone settings are on and when I scroll to the part where you can turn off and on apps that can use the microphone Xbox is one at the bottom. My settings have it on but when I go back to the Xbox Game Bar it proceeds to still say that it is off. Not just for recording it does not work for when I attempt to have Xbox Game parties where you are supposed to be able to talk with your microphone from either your laptop/pc directly or your plugin microphone headphone set.

Please can someone tell me how to fix my problem because I've tried every thing that all the manuals and information from online tells me to do and It does not work and bring me back to where I was to begin with. Keep in mind this only happened recently because I was able to use the feature in the past with no problems what so ever and only now is deciding to not work.

:)

Angie2102, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jul 6, 2020
  3. window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Answers to your questions:

• Yes, both are working properly before.
    • Yes, i'm logged in as administrator.
    • No app can use camera or microphone. All apps said to allow in the privacy setting.

And i can't really solve using the adjustment on privacy setting. 'cause as i've said before, everytime i open camera or microphone setting in privacy, the window crashes everytime.

as for the troubleshooting, it couldn't identify the problem.

orangeshearts, Jul 6, 2020
  4. NiklasG Win User

Microphone not working on Windows 10 Version 1803

In addition to

• Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone (left column)
    • Make sure "Microphone access for this device is on"
    • And switch "Allow access to the microphone on this device" to on

as Ermish's suggested, I had to

• disable and enable one of my microphones for the changes to apply apply.

Then all my microphones worked again.

NiklasG, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working. - Similar Threads - Privacy Microphone Settings

2. 2021 Windows 10 Home 20H2 microphone not working and microphone privacy settings crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2021 Windows 10 Home 20H2 microphone not working and microphone privacy settings crashes: Windows 10 Home20H2OS build 19042.1202Windows Feature Experience 120.2212.3530.0Up until last week sometime my microphone was working fine. Now - I'm guessing after a Windows update - all microphone devices are broken and the microphone privacy settings app crashes when...
  3. Microphone not working on programs! No, it’s not a privacy setting

Microphone not working on programs! No, it’s not a privacy setting: Hello! I have a notebook and the microphone suddenly stopped working, not only the built-in microphone but when I connect a headphone doesn’t work as well, in the settings it does show as connected but no sound goes through, I’ve tried updating the drivers, disable and enable...
  4. xbox gamebar microphone not working due to privacy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    xbox gamebar microphone not working due to privacy settings: Hello, so i've been using Xbox Game Bar to record my videos, the problem is that it won't let me use my microphone "due to my privacy settings" but there's nothing wrong in my privacy settings.So as you can see in this screenshot, it says that my privacy settings are blocking...
  5. Microphone privacy settings turn off instantly after opening it. Microphone doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone privacy settings turn off instantly after opening it. Microphone doesnt work: Today my microphone's stopped working I talking about headphones and a deafault one I tried many diffrent ways what are showed on youtube but non of them worked They said to go into PRIVACY settings, when i get there i click on ,,microphone", it opens and closes instantly....
  6. Camera and microphone privacy settings disappear

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera and microphone privacy settings disappear: I cannot use my microphone in Zoom. When I went to click on my camera and microphone settings, it disappears - the dialogue closes. Any ideas how I can get access to the camera and microphone permissions?...
  7. Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps: Is there a way to allow microphone access to select apps? I have the option to control access to individual Microsoft Store apps, but either all or no desktop apps. Is there an alternative way to restrict access? For example, I'd like to only provide Google Chrome, but...
  8. Microphones not working and settings app crashing when i try to enter "microphone privacy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphones not working and settings app crashing when i try to enter "microphone privacy...: Hi! When i open voice recorder, it says that i need to set up a microphone in settings, and while searching for a solution, one said to open privacy settings and enable microphone in the microphone setting. But whenever i click on microphone in privacy setting, the window is...
  9. Microphone detected, but not working in any software. Privacy settings is OK.

Microphone detected, but not working in any software. Privacy settings is OK.: I have a pretty uncommon problem with my laptop, windows detects pick up sound when activating listen to function, green bars bouncing, but any other app doesn't pick up any sound. I've tried: Setting device as Default Reinstalling Audio Drivers Rebooting Windows Editing...
  10. "microphone privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...