Windows 10: Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax

Discus and support Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Beware: a hoax post is currently making the rounds on the Facebook website, which is unwittingly shared by its many users, according to reports from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax

Read more: Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax - Neowin

:)

Brink, Jan 6, 2015
  2. BecDOTH Win User

Is email about shutting down hotmail account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a hoax?

Is email about shutting down hotmail account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a hoax?

BecDOTH, Jan 6, 2015
  3. ajkhond Win User
    Bank of America and Chase stopping their support for windows phone and windows 8.1 apps

You can also use social media like twitter and Facebook to spread the word. I posted a dissenting comment on their Facebook page and would recommend fellow users to do the same.

ajkhond, Jan 6, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

I'm not sure i'd call it a "Hoax" or a "Scam", since both indicate an intention to deceive and/or defraud people. It's certainly misinformed though. This is like those people that claim that if you ask an undercover police officer if he's a police officer, he can't lie... and thus are safe doing illegal things by querying everyone.

Mystere, Jan 6, 2015
  5. Rickkins Win User
  6. Facebook is a hoax or scam?

The officer can lie, and you can still be arrested, but a good lawyer might claim entrapment.
    So what! You spend a few weeks in jail - some might consider that a vacation. *Smile

Slartybart, Jan 7, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    Entrapment is when a law enforcement officer entices someone to break the law when they would not have done it by themselves. Going along with someone who was already intending to, and lying about your status as a police office is not entrapment and has never been considered so by any court of law. Otherwise, there would be no such thing as undercover stings, and every DEA agent would be dead the second they were asked if they were a cop.

The point is that a hoax or a scam have very specific meanings... simply parroting bad information hardly qualifies IMO. A hoax is a deliberate charade. Bill Gates testing an email tracking program and giving you a million dollars is a hoax. A scam is when you try to defraud someone. a Ponzi scheme is a scam. This is neither of those.

This is someone that thought they were an armchair lawyer, read some statutes online, and jumped to the wrong legal conclusions because they don't know how the law actually works. You see the same thing all the time when people try to interpret patents and jump to the wrong conclusions. At best, it's a misguided failure to interpret law, at worst its an example of Einstein's quote "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Mystere, Jan 7, 2015
  8. Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax

You know I was being facetious, right? And trying to make light of Facebook.

The case still has to be tried and the evidence has to be beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Hence the good lawyer reference.

Albert also said:
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    -- Albert Einstein

Slartybart, Jan 7, 2015
  9. Pretty good hoax quoted *Smile
    The others are pretty sick but then again Facebook is full of sick people *Tongue

ThrashZone, Jan 7, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    FB is getting to be dangerous:

Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax [​IMG]

Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax [​IMG]

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax - Similar Threads - Privacy notice post

2. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  3. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  4. Microsoft Privacy Notice

Microsoft Privacy Notice: I recently updated my password and since then the Microsoft Privacy Notice keeps coming up, even though I have accepted it. It is very annoying. Please advise how I can stop this happening? Thanks....
  5. Microsoft Privacy Notice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Privacy Notice: I recently updated my password and since then the Microsoft Privacy Notice keeps coming up, even though I have accepted it. It is very annoying. Please advise how I can stop this happening? Thanks....
  6. Microsoft Privacy Notice

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. posting my photos on facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    posting my photos on facebook: I kmow how to post works fine on Windows 7 but will not post on Windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-my-photos-on-facebook/2a0a4217-677e-435d-be8b-6afbd363cd16"
  8. Posting a file on facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Posting a file on facebook: How do I post a file of photos on my family's facebook page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-a-file-on-facebook/4a2aca7c-0c33-4c17-9562-d86d9942dfaf"
  9. Privacy Notice

Privacy Notice: When I attempt to do a survey, from Global Test Market, I get an error, called Privacy Notice, this just started happening 2 days ago, and now I can't do their surveys. Why would this be happening ? Please help, thanks, Cliff Taylor...
  10. Not able to post to Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Not able to post to Facebook: When I try to post to FB from my desktop the window to which I'm trying to post gets dark then goes away. I switched the PC to my wife's desktop and there are no FB problems, only on my desktop. Any ideas on this one? 79334