Windows 10: privacy question about smart screen

Discus and support privacy question about smart screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Regarding Microsoft smart-screen I would like to know what information is being sent. to Microsoft from my computer exactly? at the web... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeeVee1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. DeeVee1 Win User

privacy question about smart screen

Hello,

Regarding Microsoft smart-screen I would like to know what information is being sent. to Microsoft from my computer exactly?

at the web address "https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/ie10-win7-privacy-statement" it states:
    "When you use SmartScreen Filter to check websites automatically or manually, the address of the website you are visiting will be sent to Microsoft, together with standard computer information and the SmartScreen Filter version number."

What exactly is all of the "standard computer information"? I would like to know each piece as this seems to be a very vague statement.

I know that you Microsoft no longer is storing SIDs from individuals based on an answer from a person at Microsoft privacy. Does Microsoft get any other identifying information though? Do you get the name of the computer?

Also, I realize I can just ask this via the Microsoft privacy portal. However, it takes months to get answers and I tried it. but the portal. won't let it submit... so here I am.

:)

DeeVee1, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 13, 2020
  3. I cannot access smart screen in W10

Hi Aquadecor,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Are you referring to Windows Smart screen/ Windows Start screen when you say “I cannot access smart screen”?

• Where did you exactly try to enable the option when you say “use smart screen full”?
    Please be informed that there will be no extra options available on the screenshot you have provided to access the Smart menu option, because by default when you right click on the taskbar and select properties you will be able to see the taskbar
    and start menu properties window exactly as you have provided in the screenshot.

You may try the below steps to change the Windows smart screen settings if you are referring to Windows smart screen.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel.

• Click on Security and maintenance.

• Click on Change Windows Smart screen settings
      on the left navigation pane. (Enter the administrator credential if prompted)

• You may select the option which you like and click on
      OK button to change the Smart screen settings.

You may try the below steps if you would like to view the Windows Start screen as full screen mode.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select the Start from the left navigation pane.

• Click on Use Start Full screen.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. privacy question about smart screen - Similar Threads - privacy question smart

2. Question about Battery Health Optimizer/Smart Charging!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Battery Health Optimizer/Smart Charging!!: Can i always leave my laptop connected with Battery Health Optimizer//Smart Charging on, or should I discharge it to 50% often during the day? And can I play games with this option or is it better to disable it during gaming sessionbecause if enable is more like gaming on...
  3. Question about Battery Health Optimizer/Smart Charging!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Battery Health Optimizer/Smart Charging!!: Can i always leave my laptop connected with Battery Health Optimizer//Smart Charging on, or should I discharge it to 50% often during the day? And can I play games with this option or is it better to disable it during gaming sessionbecause if enable is more like gaming on...
  4. QUESTION ABOUT CAPTURE SCREEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    QUESTION ABOUT CAPTURE SCREEN: Dear Microsoft support team, Thank you very much for your precious time/advice always. I would like to get your support, please help me about Windows 10: 1About 15 years ago, in Windows OS it was integrated App. Movie Maker.But recent years it was not available.2.1 Currently...
  5. QUESTION ABOUT CAPTURE SCREEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QUESTION ABOUT CAPTURE SCREEN: Dear Microsoft support team, Thank you very much for your precious time/advice always. I would like to get your support, please help me about Windows 10: 1About 15 years ago, in Windows OS it was integrated App. Movie Maker.But recent years it was not available.2.1 Currently...
  6. Question about Privacy and Performance of System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Privacy and Performance of System: how to stop people from seeing what im doing on line and how to speed up my computer all for free please [Original Title: PLEASE HELP] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-privacy-and-performance-of-system/f7232860-6d5f-4cc5-a447-7f2b28bdded3
  7. Question about screen mirroring

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about screen mirroring: Hey so I was wondering if I could mirror windows (off of MacBook via boot camp) onto my iMac screen so I can still use my macOS on my iMac. I’m looking to make a more efficient way to go about my preference for os, but the fact the software I use is limited on Mac. And help...
  8. Question. How to completely disable WD Smart screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question. How to completely disable WD Smart screen: Before version 1809, I deactivated Smart screen for Apps and files and Microsoft Store. I had Smart screen On only for Edge. By setting up Smart screen this way, I rarely saw smartscreen.exe running in Task manager for more than a few seconds. Normally, when I saw it running...
  9. question about Epic privacy browser

in Browsers and Email
    question about Epic privacy browser: HI all so i installed Epic Privacy browser, and i'm wondering if the darn thing installed right i don't see it in programs files folders not even the x86 one, on windows 10 pro does it not install like a typical program?? does it hide itself or something, who all is familiar...
  10. Privacy Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Questions: With all of the stuff about the new data collection and whatnot, I had a couple questions. After reading through the things on Windows 10? Here are privacy issues you should consider especially. 1. How in depth is it? Would they be able to see all the websites you visit?...