Windows 10: Privacy Questions

Discus and support Privacy Questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With all of the stuff about the new data collection and whatnot, I had a couple questions. After reading through the things on Windows 10? Here are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cmb11792, Jul 29, 2015.

1. cmb11792 Win User

Privacy Questions

With all of the stuff about the new data collection and whatnot, I had a couple questions. After reading through the things on Windows 10? Here are privacy issues you should consider especially.

1. How in depth is it? Would they be able to see all the websites you visit?

2. I use the Tor Browser usually, along with a VPN and proxy, simply because I like my privacy when I'm online, even just looking at pictures of cats. Are these things at risk of having data collected on them?

Call me paranoid if you'd like, I just like my privacy and want to keep it that way. Windows 10 itself sounds great, but I want to know more before I go ahead and download the update for it. If anything, I may just end up doing a dual boot system since I still have my Windows 7 disc and could just install that on another partition instead of making it my only OS if the privacy is really as bad as people are saying, since I do still want to check it out and play around with it.

:)

cmb11792, Jul 29, 2015
  2. 7thSense Win User

New phone - questions about integration and privacy relating WP8, Outlook 2007/10/13 (Calendar, tasks, notes and contacts), Outlook.com and skydrive

• Your contact information etc are probably more secure in the cloud than anywhere else.
    • The integration towards LinkedIn and Facebook are like any other integration. It is as secure as integration those services have to other third-parties. So you can definitely feel safe using those.
    • You can keep everything in your Microsoft Account, yes. If you, for example, want to import your contacts, login with your Microsoft Account here (and choose to import from file):
      Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

7thSense, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Questions concerning Privacy Settings and Login Wallpaper

Hello,

1) Is the Privacy option ( microphone, camera....) concerns only the windows app from the app Store ?

Example: I have installed skype from SKype Websites but i saw there is Skype App also in Windows 10. I have COmpletely disabled the Microphone in the privacy settings.... the App ( from store ) but i cant
    make calls , it gets disconnected. on the other Hand the Skype programm (.exe) works eventhough the Microphone is disabled in the privacy settings.....

I have the same interrogation concerning the other options such as webcam and location...

2) I understand that W10 has A login screen ( after a restart for example) and Lock Screen ( if pc is locked)

The wallpaper of the LOCK screen is defined to Windows Spotlight and the button to use and apply this wallpaper to the LOG IN screen is checked. Whenever i restart my PC or Disconnect form my account, the
    log in screen is using an fixed wallapaper and not the Spotlight one.... am i missing something ?

3) not in the title but i just remebered: DXDiag shows me a wrong memory for the graphic card... i have an EVGA gtx1070 with 8Gb Memory...DxDiag shows me 16Gb....

Thank you

Christian Bou Farhat, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

Privacy Questions

Here is Microsoft Privacy Statement

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  5. cmb11792 Win User
    • when you input text, handwrite notes, or ink comments, we may collect samples of your input to improve these input features, (e.g., to help improve the accuracy of autocomplete and spellcheck).

That sounds like keylogging to me.

cmb11792, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Berkey Win User
    Berkey, Jul 29, 2015
  7. derek10 Win User
    I think that is Cortana or edge when offering suggestions as you type, not every input field around (like passwords for example), that you can disable.

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Akane Win User

Privacy Questions

If I not wrong I used to read somewhere they also collect credit card number in store page too *Sad

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  9. groze Win User
    The concerns I have if they are recording credit card number or log-in passwords for websites or medical information that I can access online or keeping history of sites you visit using another browser. I have most of the privacy settings disabled including Cortana and even wifi sense is disabled. Cortana didn't work when I was using the preview build. I still may test Cortana later.

groze, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Privacy Questions

1. Privacy Questions - Similar Threads - Privacy Questions

2. How does OneDrive scan files when uploading folders? Privacy Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does OneDrive scan files when uploading folders? Privacy Question: Good day Community So I have a major privacy concern.I have not uploaded anything to OneDrive due to Privacy reasons regarding my very personal photos.One day I installed OneDrive because Windows said it needed it to finish setting up my PC. OneDrive said I did not back up...
  3. How does OneDrive scan files when uploading folders? Privacy Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How does OneDrive scan files when uploading folders? Privacy Question: Good day Community So I have a major privacy concern.I have not uploaded anything to OneDrive due to Privacy reasons regarding my very personal photos.One day I installed OneDrive because Windows said it needed it to finish setting up my PC. OneDrive said I did not back up...
  4. Regarding School / Work account privacy questions, etc..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding School / Work account privacy questions, etc..: I purchased a new laptop. As I am a university student. Now my question has to do with me also assigning a school/work account on my laptop as well. I was told that when I do this my university can easily access not only what I do online while logged into my universities...
  5. Regarding School / Work account privacy questions, etc..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding School / Work account privacy questions, etc..: I purchased a new laptop. As I am a university student. Now my question has to do with me also assigning a school/work account on my laptop as well. I was told that when I do this my university can easily access not only what I do online while logged into my universities...
  6. Question about Privacy and Performance of System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Privacy and Performance of System: how to stop people from seeing what im doing on line and how to speed up my computer all for free please [Original Title: PLEASE HELP] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-privacy-and-performance-of-system/f7232860-6d5f-4cc5-a447-7f2b28bdded3
  7. privacy question about smart screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    privacy question about smart screen: Hello, Regarding Microsoft smart-screen I would like to know what information is being sent. to Microsoft from my computer exactly? at the web address "https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/ie10-win7-privacy-statement" it states: "When you use SmartScreen Filter to check...
  8. Window 10 Educate Privacy Question.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window 10 Educate Privacy Question.: I know this is kind of weird to ask, but does School, College, University's or administration have acess to my computer when I activate Window 10 Educate on my computer? Because I was planning to apply for one as they says its free while taking in post-secondary, and I was...
  9. question about Epic privacy browser

in Browsers and Email
    question about Epic privacy browser: HI all so i installed Epic Privacy browser, and i'm wondering if the darn thing installed right i don't see it in programs files folders not even the x86 one, on windows 10 pro does it not install like a typical program?? does it hide itself or something, who all is familiar...
  10. Windows 10 Questions concerning Privacy Settings and Login Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Questions concerning Privacy Settings and Login Wallpaper: Hello, 1) Is the Privacy option ( microphone, camera....) concerns only the windows app from the app Store ? Example: I have installed skype from SKype Websites but i saw there is Skype App also in Windows 10. I have COmpletely disabled the Microphone in the privacy...