Windows 10: Privacy Settings - App permissions, why two settings for basically the same?

Discus and support Privacy Settings - App permissions, why two settings for basically the same? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everybody, in the Privacy Settings under App permissions there are basically three settings for every sub-item: Allow access to xyz on this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Martin Fessler, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Privacy Settings - App permissions, why two settings for basically the same?

Hello everybody,

in the Privacy Settings under App permissions there are basically three settings for every sub-item:

Allow access to xyz on this device.
    Allow apps to access xyz and choose which apps can access xyz.

What's the difference between the first two?
    With services such as localization, I could understand the separation between the general system and apps, but with other settings, there is sometimes a lot of overlap.
    The majority of desktop apps can access it anyway.

So why is there any differentiation at all?

Thanks and greetings,
    Martin

:)

Martin Fessler, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 26, 2020
  3. facebook privacy settings

at the top is the settings by your name once logged in. There are privacy settings for each section too.

sneekypeet, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Privacy Settings - App permissions, why two settings for basically the same?

cant open privacy settings

Hi Sean,

There are several possible explanations as to why you're encountering issues with accessing your Xbox account's privacy settings. Here's a list of the common factors:

• There's an ongoing Xbox Live server outage.
    • You're using a child account which needs a parent permission in order to change the privacy settings.
    • Access to Xbox Live is not yet available to your location.

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a child or a parent account?
    • Have you made any changes to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried using a different web browser to access your account's privacy settings?
    • Are you encountering the same issue when accessing your account's privacy settings on a different device like an Xbox console?

Catherine Cus., Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Privacy Settings - App permissions, why two settings for basically the same?

1. Privacy Settings - App permissions, why two settings for basically the same? - Similar Threads - Privacy Settings App

2. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  3. App permissions for Privacy settings are broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App permissions for Privacy settings are broken: Hey there. for some reason after tweaking my system for maximum performance - I can’t use my mic in any of my call of duty games or in any games that uses a headset. now I already know that you go to settings > privacy settings > microphone settings > then you would allow...
  4. App permissions for Privacy settings are broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    App permissions for Privacy settings are broken: Hey there. for some reason after tweaking my system for maximum performance - I can’t use my mic in any of my call of duty games or in any games that uses a headset. now I already know that you go to settings > privacy settings > microphone settings > then you would allow...
  5. App permissions for Privacy settings are broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Motion Permissions in Privacy settings is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Motion Permissions in Privacy settings is missing: I am unable to find the permission setting for Motion that is supposed to be in Settings, Privacy, Motion. I want to turn these sensors off entirely, not just on a site by site basis. Where has the setting gone? Am I not looking in the right place?...
  7. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Settings: I am having a problem with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have already logged in with my Xbox Live account as I wanted to join servers and play multiplayer. As I logged in, it showed "You cannot play multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This...
  8. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Privacy settings: When In Settings>Privacyonly under Windows permissions>diagnostics&feedback and App permissions>Camera do I get*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I am the only one using this laptop and am shown as administrator. How can I resolve this...
  9. What is Background app setting on privacy setting?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Background app setting on privacy setting?: Hi Sirs, may I check what is the background app setting for on privacy setting? What does it benefit? Can it spoil the laptops or computers, if I turn each of them off?...
  10. Why privacy setting and third party app setting being over ridden.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why privacy setting and third party app setting being over ridden.: I have a sony vaio, the touch pad is broken. I uninstalled the synaptic driver and blocked it from reinstalling years ago. You keep changing and blocking the ability to stop it from being re-downloaded and installed. I have again had to spend 3 hours undoing your ****. there...