Windows 10: Privacy settings grayed out after update to 1803

Discus and support Privacy settings grayed out after update to 1803 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have multiple machines in my organization that have all privacy settings grayed out(Some settings are hidden by your organization). The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by atanev, Dec 12, 2018.

1. atanev Win User

Privacy settings grayed out after update to 1803

Hi all,

I have multiple machines in my organization that have all privacy settings grayed out(Some settings are hidden by your organization).
    The worst is that all settings are set to "Off", so no microphone/camera/notifications and etc.
    These are domain-joined machines, but I can confirm that this is not a gpo, and it happened after upgrading to 1803.
    I've been trying to enable the Mic/Camera via registry/group policy, but nothing works so far.
    Also tried to reset all privacy settings with app called O&O Shutup - no go again.

Any Ideas?

:)

atanev, Dec 12, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Dec 12, 2018
  3. SSonic70 Win User
    Windows 10: Some privacy settings grayed out

Hi guys, I've been using Windows 10 for a few weeks now and I was looking to get Cortana to work. However, Cortana tells me that I need to allow it to access contacts. I clicked settings and I saw that all the settings were on, but were grayed out.

Privacy settings grayed out after update to 1803 [​IMG]

When I take a look at some of the other settings, some are also grayed out and some are not. When I go to the general tab, I get this:

Sometimes if I look through the privacy settings, the settings app just crashes for no reason without warning and I'm left confused and unable to enable Cortana.

I hope I've given enough info that can be used to solve my problem. Any help is appreciated, thanks! Privacy settings grayed out after update to 1803 :)

SSonic70, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Privacy settings grayed out after update to 1803

Windows 10: Some privacy settings grayed out

That's not how you enable Cortana anyway...

Click on Cortana -> Notebook -> Settings

fracking4oil, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Privacy settings grayed out after update to 1803

1. Privacy settings grayed out after update to 1803 - Similar Threads - Privacy settings grayed

2. Security settings in grayed out. Why ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings in grayed out. Why ?: Hello. Could you help me explain why the memory integrity and firmware protection options are grayed out and the text message in red saying that these settings are handled by the system administrator. Is there any way to change this? Thank you very much in advance for your...
  3. Set time Automatically grayed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time Automatically grayed Out: We have Windows 10 Pro, after joining them to the Domain the option "Set time automatically" is grayed out. I done googling but there is no way to enable it. I need this option enabled, how can I do it ? Tried computer Configuration\ Windows Settings\ Security Settings\ Local...
  4. Set time Automatically grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set time Automatically grayed Out: We have Windows 10 Pro, after joining them to the Domain the option "Set time automatically" is grayed out. I done googling but there is no way to enable it. I need this option enabled, how can I do it ? Tried computer Configuration\ Windows Settings\ Security Settings\ Local...
  5. Nightlight settings are grayed out

Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  6. Sync your settings Grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync your settings Grayed out: The Icon for turning your Sync settings is Grayed out in the off position will not turn on Please Advise how to correct this. Laptop with news Win 10 download....
  7. Taskbar color setting grayed out

Taskbar color setting grayed out: I use a special color bright orange on my title bar and taskbar. The taskbar has suddenly turned white, and the Personalization/System/Display/Colors switch is grayed and unusable. I've rebooted several times, and I've run "chkdsk /f", but nothing changes.Why, and how do I...
  8. Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand.

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy settings in 1803 - Help me understand.: In Windows 1803, there are some new privacy settings, Documents, Pictures, Video and File System. These all now have a global setting for access to said locations via apps under a heading of allow blah blah on this device. Directly under said setting there's a global...
  9. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out: Hi friends, I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates advanced settings is grayed out. Meaning that I cannot set the time when the computer should restart after applying windows...
  10. Windows 10: Some privacy settings grayed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Some privacy settings grayed out: Hi guys, I've been using Windows 10 for a few weeks now and I was looking to get Cortana to work. However, Cortana tells me that I need to allow it to access contacts. I clicked settings and I saw that all the settings were on, but were grayed out. [img] When I take a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone privacy settings windows 10 greyed out

2. regedit microphone privacy greyed out

3. greyed out privacy settings

4. camera privacy settings greyed out,
  5. windows privacy microphone greyed out,
  6. windows privacy settings greyed out,
  7. 1803 screen brightness grayed out,
  8. Microphone In Privacy Are Grayed Out,
  9. microphone access option is grayed out in privacy setting,
  10. microphone privacy greyed,
  11. window settings privacy microphone are greyed out in windows 10,