Windows 10: Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts

Discus and support Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, On a PC that has been upgraded to windows 10, if I have 2 user accounts, and set privacy settings etc on the one account so that Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yvonne, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Yvonne Win User

Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts

Hi,

On a PC that has been upgraded to windows 10, if I have 2 user accounts, and set privacy settings etc on the one account so that Windows 10 isnt sending information/downloading stuff etc, will the second account (that has not been setup for the same settings and is rarely used) still send information/download on its own etc?

Example: On the main account I have turned off Cortana and the "Speech, Inking, Typing". On the second account, I havent done so. Would that account be gathering and sending/receiving information on its own?

Just need to know if I have to go thru all the office computers and setup the second "Administrator" account as well.

Thanks!

:)

Yvonne, Jul 27, 2016
  2. Kelly57 Win User

Multiple User Accounts Privacy

How can I make each User Account private on the same PC?

I want to keep each User's documents private but share just the Public Folders.

Kelly57, Jul 27, 2016
  3. John Vil Win User
    Multiple User Accounts Privacy

Hi Kelly,

Users with Administrative privileges are the only ones who can access documents of other users in a single PC. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify a few information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you in the process of setting up the other user accounts?
    • Are you the administrator of this PC?

If you are still in the process of setting up their accounts, here is an article that you may refer to:
    Set up accounts.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 27, 2016
Thema:

Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts

1. Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts - Similar Threads - Privacy Settings Multiple

2. Minecraft Privacy Settings -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Privacy Settings -: Son cannot play online - getting a privacy issue. Can anyone help resolve? I logged on a unblocked a number of things but still no joy. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-privacy-settings/1e6cff3a-e0ca-4e66-afc5-81de5d242f89
  3. User account control settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account control settings: I get a message every time I open Chrome. The message asks if I allow it to make changes to my computer. If I check no, it doesn't open. I try changing the notification settings but it always revert back to high security. Am I getting the message because Chrome is not in the...
  4. "microphone privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...
  5. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy settings: Hello. When I try to change my privacy and online safety settings on the Xbox website and press submit it says a problem occurred and it tells me to try again later. I've tried it many times. My account is a parent account. I'm trying to change this so I can play Xbox games...
  6. Setting up a separated user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up a separated user account: Kind of a weird question, though I'm sure you can guess what I'm asking about. Is there a way to create a user account that is hidden from the other users on a computer, or at least hidden from the initial login screen? Even more preferable, though I'm sure probably not...
  7. Hello: same user, multiple accounts?

Hello: same user, multiple accounts?: I use Windows Hello to log into multiple accounts (Work, Home, etc.) When I turn on the computer it automatically tries to log me into Work. Can I stop it from choosing which account I am to use? When I am logged into Work and I try to log into Home, the computer often shows...
  8. Kids user accounts and family settings

Kids user accounts and family settings: Ive upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10. I had 2 adult local accounts and 2 kids local accounts. I also have the 1 Microsoft account. I don't want to use the Microsoft account signin on my laptop I want to use my local. Is there a way to assign the existing local kids...
  9. Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup Network with Multiple User Accounts: I have a small workgroup (not homegroup) network setup with four PCs. Two are Win10 Pro, two are Win7 Pro. Each PC is used by one person and therefore has one user account. I have assigned permissions so that each PC can access the desired folders on the others. Everything is...
  10. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings: I have 2 All in Ones and they both use Windows 10. If I make a change to one of them it effects the other and I wish to eliminate this. What are the correct privacy settings that I need to make so they run independent, Thank you 81129