Windows 10: Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts

Discus and support Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, On a PC that has been upgraded to windows 10, if I have 2 user accounts, and set privacy settings etc on the one account so that Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yvonne, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Yvonne Win User

Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts

Hi,

On a PC that has been upgraded to windows 10, if I have 2 user accounts, and set privacy settings etc on the one account so that Windows 10 isnt sending information/downloading stuff etc, will the second account (that has not been setup for the same settings and is rarely used) still send information/download on its own etc?

Example: On the main account I have turned off Cortana and the "Speech, Inking, Typing". On the second account, I havent done so. Would that account be gathering and sending/receiving information on its own?

Just need to know if I have to go thru all the office computers and setup the second "Administrator" account as well.

Thanks!

:)

Yvonne, Jul 27, 2016
  2. Kelly57 Win User

Multiple User Accounts Privacy

How can I make each User Account private on the same PC?

I want to keep each User's documents private but share just the Public Folders.

Kelly57, Jul 27, 2016
  3. John Vil Win User
    Multiple User Accounts Privacy

Hi Kelly,

Users with Administrative privileges are the only ones who can access documents of other users in a single PC. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify a few information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you in the process of setting up the other user accounts?
    • Are you the administrator of this PC?

If you are still in the process of setting up their accounts, here is an article that you may refer to:
    Set up accounts.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 27, 2016
Thema:

Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts

1. Privacy Settings - Multiple User Accounts - Similar Threads - Privacy Settings Multiple

2. Multiple Users Account / Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Users Account / Folder: I just buy a new laptop, and i make a mistake so i use system restore the windows modules installer i do it twice. but then there is 3 users folder. how to make it just 1?...
  3. Issues modifying account privacy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues modifying account privacy settings: I recently bought Sea of Thieves on Steam. After linking my steam and Microsoft accounts I launched the game to get the Avacadobeard error. From what I read the error is supposed to appear when you try to play the game without an Xbox live membership on Xbox; however, I am on...
  4. Multiple User Accounts ???

Multiple User Accounts ???: While trying to fix Windows 10 spotlight I noticed several user accounts in my settings. I am the only one who uses this laptop, why do I see FIVE 5 user. Tried to delete and says it states I cannot delete because is is receiving inheriting properties from another account....
  5. Need tips on setting up multiple User Accounts with almost privacy and control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need tips on setting up multiple User Accounts with almost privacy and control: What I want is very specific. Not sure if it is even possible hence asking for advice/tips/tricks anything. So I want to setup my system in such a way that there is only one admin who has actual control over the system. Other user should merely be able to use their account...
  6. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  7. multiple users set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple users set up: I was given this laptop 2 weeks after my aunt bought it because she could not understand the software. She managed to get her name and e-mail registered in it though somehow. I have changed it to my name and thought I had gotten the e-mail changed too. Well, every time I...
  8. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  9. Suddenly Multiple User Accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly Multiple User Accounts: All of a sudden when I turn on or try to log into my PC it'll try to log into a user account of the same name and say "Incorrect password." Now instead of automatically logging into my PC, I have to actively select another user account and type my password into that. Ideally...
  10. multiple user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple user accounts: I am having issues with adding a second user account to my pc. Every time I log back in to my account administrator after the other user has been logged in, I have multiple issues. They seem to be caused by changes to settings, though the other user does not change other...