Windows 10: Privacy Settings on Google Calendar sync to Windows 10

Discus and support Privacy Settings on Google Calendar sync to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My privacy settings at my gmail account are to share calendar only as busy/available and not to provide detail on the events: When I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lina MariaBernal, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Privacy Settings on Google Calendar sync to Windows 10

Hi,

My privacy settings at my gmail account are to share calendar only as busy/available and not to provide detail on the events:

When I go to the google website and do a new event in the calendar, it shows up as only free/busy. However, when I set a calendar event on my Windows 10 Calendar, which is sync with my gmail calendar, it shows all the events details. See the different on visualization:

I need a prompt solution to be able to set up events on my Windows 10 calendar while maintaining the privacy settings of only showing up busy/available and not event details.

Moved from Options and settings / Email settings

:)

Lina MariaBernal, Sep 17, 2018

2. Sync ONLY calendar data in my google account with the Windows 10 calendar app?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Step 1:Before adding the account:

• Click on Notification icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select All settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Select Calendar.
    • Select Choose apps that can access Calendar.
    • Turn off Mail and Calendar.
    Add the account, then go to next step:

Step 2: After adding the account.

• Open Calendar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select the google account.
    • Select Change Mail box sync settings.
    • Under sync options, turn off Email and
      Contacts
    Hope it helps. Write to us if you need any more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Privacy Settings on Google Calendar sync to Windows 10

Windows 10 Calendar App not syncing "End of Month" Google Calendar entry correctly

Hi John,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try to delete the duplicate event from the Google Calendar and try to sync the Calendar app.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Calendar
      app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and change the required options.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    How to see your Google events in the Calendar app.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/see-google-events-calendar-app

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Privacy Settings on Google Calendar sync to Windows 10

1. Privacy Settings on Google Calendar sync to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Privacy Settings Google

2. Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar: I have added my Google account to Microsoft calendar to no avail...deleting and adding again. And they just won't sync.I have windows 10 version 21h2....
  3. Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar: I have added my Google account to Microsoft calendar to no avail...deleting and adding again. And they just won't sync.I have windows 10 version 21h2....
  4. Sync Windows with Google Calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync Windows with Google Calendar: So I can't link my google calendar cause it's a different email than the one I use for the windows account? And you call that "the way I want it" ? No, it's very much the way you want it. Here's what I want: keep the current email address associated with this windows account...
  5. Windows 10 calendar not syncing with google calendar

Windows 10 calendar not syncing with google calendar: Hi, i noticed that events i put into my windows 10 calendar, which is on my laptop, are no longer syncing with my google calendars which are also on my laptop and more importantly my phone. This means if I only have my phone to look at I'm missing appointments. this sync...
  6. Sync Win10 calendar with Google calendar

Sync Win10 calendar with Google calendar: Years back the following was posted here as the solution and as usual, some admin turned off the post so you can't ask questions: To add your account, follow these steps: Click Start, type Calendar, then press Enter. At the bottom of the left navigation pane, click...
  7. Windows 10 calendar not syncing with Google

Windows 10 calendar not syncing with Google: Hi guys - a strange one here. For years I have been syncing my Windows calendar with my Google calendar - both ways, full functionality. Today I noticed that my Windows 10 calendar will not sync TO Google - but it does receive dates/notes FROM Google calendar. And I can...
  8. syncing Windows 10 calendar with Google calendar

syncing Windows 10 calendar with Google calendar: Fir years I have been successfully syncing my calendars - my Windows 10 calendar and my Google calendar - both ways, full functionality. Today I have noticed that my Windows 10 calendar will not send dates/events to my Google calendar, although it works fine Google to Windows...
  9. Microsoft calendar not syncing with google calendar.

Microsoft calendar not syncing with google calendar.: For some reason, my calendar stopped syncing with my google calendar. I had received a message to "fix" my Microsoft account. I did that and my calendar is no longer syncing. Mail is working fine. I have the calendar set up with my google account. Any suggestions on what I...
  10. Windows calendar sync with google calendar issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows calendar sync with google calendar issue?: Hi, My issue is that I have to open the calendar program for windows to sync my changes to google calendar. I have enabled email and calendar: to run in the background, notifications, to run on start up, access contacts. If I click on the time panel in the task bar when the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calendar google privacy language:en