Windows 10: Privacy Violation and Microsoft not Obeying Their Own Rules

Discus and support Privacy Violation and Microsoft not Obeying Their Own Rules in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since I first got my windows 10 machine over a year ago I have noticed that Microsoft collects all the diagnostics data on my machine even though I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by QuestionJX, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Privacy Violation and Microsoft not Obeying Their Own Rules

Since I first got my windows 10 machine over a year ago I have noticed that Microsoft collects all the diagnostics data on my machine even though I have set the setting to required only. If I go to the App and Service activity on my Microsoft account privacy page I can see that it collects what websites I visit and what applications I open, absolutely everything I do seems to be recorded. Now I understand that this is a functioning feature if you have the Optional Diagnostics Data turned on in your machine settings but I have not once turned that on or do I intend to so I am quite appalled to

:)

QuestionJX, Sep 1, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

FCC imposes new consumer privacy rules on ISPs

Read more: FCC imposes new consumer privacy rules on ISPs | ZDNet

See also: FCC Adopts Broadband Consumer Privacy Rules | Federal Communications Commission

Brink, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Microsoft Sued Over WGA Privacy Issues

Most people would think that Microsoft has had enough trouble with WGA in the past. It seems to not even phase pirating, and recently locked legitimate users out of Windows temporarily. However, a student at Beijing University in China wants to add "spies on legitimate users" to that list. He installed WGA on his XP SP2 computer, and according to some, he did this without knowing what exactly what WGA did. The student's lawsuit focuses on the idea that Microsoft's anti-piracy measure is a violation of privacy. Microsoft stands firm in their claim that WGA is non-invasive, and only checks on core parts of the operating system.

Source: Neowin

zekrahminator, Sep 1, 2021
  4. GSG-9 Win User

Privacy Violation and Microsoft not Obeying Their Own Rules

Response to forum violations

So do you think
    • It's an irrelevant issue
    • It is already a rule I am not aware of that a moderator violated when they did not inform me of their action.
    Because I think it is relevant and I think the TPU community mods should have to give feedback on the actions they take. Or were you just trolling?

GSG-9, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Privacy Violation and Microsoft not Obeying Their Own Rules

1. Privacy Violation and Microsoft not Obeying Their Own Rules - Similar Threads - Privacy Violation Microsoft

2. Microsoft and violations of privacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft and violations of privacy: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65817558 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-and-violations-of-privacy/960553d9-b07b-4e95-8066-ca036f4855c9
  3. Microsoft and violations of privacy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft and violations of privacy: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65817558 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-and-violations-of-privacy/960553d9-b07b-4e95-8066-ca036f4855c9
  4. How is my comment in violation of the Rules?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is my comment in violation of the Rules?: You obviously really do know how to read, and I believe that you are an intelligent being, so you do know that this hyper inflation came from failed Biden administrations policies. Beginning from in his own words "day one." He stopped the keystone pipeline, and that was just...
  5. How is my comment in violation of the Rules?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is my comment in violation of the Rules?: You obviously really do know how to read, and I believe that you are an intelligent being, so you do know that this hyper inflation came from failed Biden administrations policies. Beginning from in his own words "day one." He stopped the keystone pipeline, and that was just...
  6. Security Breach and privacy act violation?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Breach and privacy act violation?: Hello, over half a decade now I have been involved in a human traffic situation involving authorities. These authorities are not meant to serve the public but in fact harm the public. Equipment they utilize is beyond legal, some may seem science fiction; which I don't plan on...
  7. This microsoft page information does not make sense, violate privacy.

This microsoft page information does not make sense, violate privacy.: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468245/the-photos-app-and-your-privacy You can find no option in photo app, its a serious privacy violation !...
  8. Privacy Violation

Privacy Violation: Hello, I frequently use the Task Manager to watch the programs that are running on my computer and I see that there is a program that has caught my attention: "Sink to receive asynchronous callbacks for WMI client application." What catches my attention first of all is...
  9. FCC imposes new consumer privacy rules on ISPs

in Windows 10 News
    FCC imposes new consumer privacy rules on ISPs: The US regulatory agency will require broadband providers to get the approval of customers before sharing their sensitive information. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on Thursday approved new rules governing how internet service providers handle their...
  10. Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules...

in Windows 10 News
    Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules...: I'm watching the Senate channel [C-Span2] and they're holding a vote to repeal the privacy rules passed in 2016: Congress is set to vote Thursday to nullify the new broadband privacy rules passed by the Federal Communications Commission last year. The rules, which...