Windows 10: Private Ethernet Adapter not showing up in Internet Connection Sharing Home networking...

Discus and support Private Ethernet Adapter not showing up in Internet Connection Sharing Home networking... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to share my LAN Ethernet adapter with VMs in Hyper-V. When I go to the sharing tab of the Ethernet Adapter, my connection does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nabopa, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Nabopa Win User

Private Ethernet Adapter not showing up in Internet Connection Sharing Home networking...

Hi,

I am trying to share my LAN Ethernet adapter with VMs in Hyper-V.

When I go to the sharing tab of the Ethernet Adapter, my connection does not show up under Home networking connection: Select a private network connection.

The connection is private. What is wrong?

:)

Nabopa, Mar 4, 2019
  2. matake Win User

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Arete One Win User
    Can't split networks between Public and Private

New Win10 Pro install from scratch on a laptop with both a wi-fi and wired ethernet connections.

The wi-fi connects to a router on 192.168.253.x, and that router connects to the Internet. The IP is delivered by the DHCP server based on the MAC address.

The wired ethernet connects to a hub, with a total of four computers. The IPs for each are specified in the NIC configuration on the 192.168.252.x network.

Windows 10 calls the wired ethernet "Unidentified network" and sets it to Public along with the wi-fi network. There is no listing for the wired ethernet network in the registry under the ..\NetworkList\Profiles entries, so I can't flip the Category setting there. There is only one entry, and it's the wi-fi network.

I turned the wi-fi adapter off and then shared a folder. This made the wired ethernet network Private, but when I turned the wi-fi back on, they both showed up as Public.

With the wired ethernet network set to Public, I can't easily connect to shares or use RD from my main system into this one without turning off Windows Firewall. But since the WF setting is based on the Private and Public setting, right now it's an all or nothing thing.

I need to find a way to leave my wi-fi connection set to Public, but get my wired ethernet set to Private.

Any suggestions?

TIA.

Arete One, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Private Ethernet Adapter not showing up in Internet Connection Sharing Home networking...

Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Private Ethernet Adapter not showing up in Internet Connection Sharing Home networking...

1. Private Ethernet Adapter not showing up in Internet Connection Sharing Home networking... - Similar Threads - Private Ethernet Adapter

2. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  3. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  4. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...: I cannot select the Private radio button, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network Profile. The Network Profile, Public, radio button is selected when I get there. When I click to select the Private button, the public button is unselected AND the...
  5. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...: I cannot select the Private radio button, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network Profile. The Network Profile, Public, radio button is selected when I get there. When I click to select the Private button, the public button is unselected AND the...
  6. Cannot select, Private, in Settings>Network & Internet>Ethernet>Ethernet Connected>Network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet"

Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet": I've been using Wi fi for my internet connection with no problem. However, after not using the ethernet connection for a long time, I just tried to use the ethernet connection and it indicates "no internet." I would like to be able to switch the connection to the wired...
  8. Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters: Hello, I am having trouble getting a stable ethernet connection to my laptop. I have a USB adapter port and when I connect the ethernet cord to the port, nothing happens. But, I know the port and the cable are working fine because I tried on my roommate's computer and...
  9. ethernet private network

ethernet private network: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] What happen? เกิดอะไรขึ้น เราควรแก้ไขยั https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-private-network/2a07eab8-c986-44af-8ddc-4f3739420e53
  10. Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter.

Accessing a WIFI network while connected to the Internet with an ethernet adapter.: Hey! I am struggling to figure out how to make the following work. I am using an ethernet adapter to connect my Windows 10 pc to the Internet. However, I also have a WIFI network at home that contains, e.g., a printer and an audio device, that I would like to access...