Windows 10: Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch

Discus and support Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Anyone using PIA and have the Kill Switch enabled? They gave me a pop "dire" warning when I went to enable it: VPN Kill SwitchPlease only enable VPN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phaedruspress, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch

Anyone using PIA and have the Kill Switch enabled? They gave me a pop "dire" warning when I went to enable it:

VPN Kill SwitchPlease only enable VPN Kill Switch if you really need it. The Kill Switch requires modifying the Operating System's network settings and can in rare cases cause connectivity issues. This feature WILL NOT work if you use MORE THAN ONE network interface on your computer simultaneously.Are you sure you wish to enable VPN Kill Switch?

:)

phaedruspress, Apr 1, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

Just to add to Mystere's excellent post, using a Hyper-V external switch virtual machines get a bridged connection. If you prefer NAT (Network Address Translation) instead, you don't have to create an external virtual switch. About bridged vs. NAT: NAT vs. bridged network: A simple diagram - TechGenix

To use NAT in Hyper-V, first create an Internal switch in Virtual Switch Manager then share your host Ethernet or WLAN connection with your internal switch:

Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch [​IMG]

In VM settings set virtual machines to use the internal switch. They will now get private IP addresses 192.168.137.XXX, internal switch on host acting as DHCP server with IP 192.168.137.1.

Using NAT only with virtual machines makes external virtual switch unnecessary but as it makes networking between host and virtual machines quite a challenge if not impossible, the bridged mode with an external switch is the recommended way.

Quote from an old tutorial at our sister site EightForums.com:

(From EightForums.com tutorial Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager)

Kari, Apr 1, 2019
  3. zacks Win User
    Kill Switch information

Thank you and have a great day,

Jeff LaPointe

Microsoft Dynamics GP

Ok, are you running away on behalf of Microsoft or as an individual?

I salute your new Boss for having the desktop restored in the latest update for Windows 8.1. It took balls to do what the users wanted.

I hope that the Chief Executive Office Mr. Satya Nadella takes time to read this thread. As you have heard in the news, maybe not, California State Senator Mark Leno, Senate District 11, and Chief of San Francisco Police Department George Gascon have
    jointly undertaken the Cellphone Kill Switch debate to the State Senate of California under
    SB 962 where it died. I have written to Senator Leno twice:

• Cell Phone Kill Switch

Honorable State Senator Mark Leno

The failure of the bill you introduced to require a kill switch on cell phones was flawed by ignorance. A leader of an initiative has the responsibility of being the best informed person on the topic, and you have failed that litmus test.

The News Media presented the Bill as a technological challenge that you have undertaken. The facts are simple and you should have mastered the issue prior to carrying its flag in a losing fight. The simple fact you have missed is that Windows Phone
    by Microsoft, which was never mentioned throughout your endeavor, has had a kill switch since its introduction in October 2010 under Windows 7 platform.

If you have understood that fact and used it as a fact that the carriers and other the players iPhone, et. al. could not escape from or argue against it technologically or any other counteraction.

You have failed because your failure of understanding the facts. That is not leadership; it is ignorance.

Regards,

Zack Shahin, PE

San Francisco

• Cell Phone Kill Switch

I respectfully request that you enumerate your degree of knowledge about the existing deployment of a Kill switch on all Windows Phones by Microsoft since its introduction in October 2010.

• Do you know that all Windows Phones have a Kill Switch since October 2010?
      • If the answer is yes, did you include that fact in the language of SB 962?
      • If the answer is no, why did you not research the current technologies already deployed in the market?
    • Are you aware of any cellphone provider that includes a Kill switch?
    • Are you familiar with the following page availability for all Windows Phone users?
    Find My Phone

• Windows Phone
    • NOKIA Lumia 920
    • (415) 240-9924
    • Phone location
    • San Francisco, CA
    • 4/28/2014 9:36 PM
    • Refresh |
      Print |
      Center on map
    • Ring
    • Lock
    • Erase
    What's this?

Sent from Windows Mail

Regards,

Zack Shahin, PE

San Francisco

Senator Leno has elected to respond to my messages to him as of this date

However, what is strikingly strange the silence from Microsoft about this national issue.
    Not a sing word. If I were Microsoft’s Sales, Technology, Public Relations, Bing, or even a minor autocrat, I would have jumped on the occasion to showcase my existing deployed technologies for protecting the purportedly a public safety
    issue affecting millions of users. Costing $30 Billion annually in insurance and replacement costs, and affecting the Public Safety worldwide.
    Where were you when the Congress considered a similar and failed to pass a similar bill?

It is totally illogical and someone at Microsoft has to address this issue, both on technological basis and enterprise interest of the Best Company in the World.

Truly Yours,

Zack Shahin, PE

San Francisco

zacks, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch

Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch

1. Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch - Similar Threads - Private Internet Access

2. Xbox app Kills internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app Kills internet: This started happening a long while ago. But its just getting beyond frustrating now. If I have the xbox app open, Or if its registering as open in Task Manager It will slowly start to kill my internet connection by connection. I THINK it's filling up all my TCIP slots. But...
  3. How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?: [IMG]In this post, we are going to show you how to create an internet kill switch on Windows 11/10. It is mostly used in a panic situation when you need to disconnect your internet quickly. Thus, it is also known as a Panic Button. What is the kill switch on Windows internet?...
  4. Microsoft Private Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Private Access: We are testing out Microsoft Private Access. So far, it's working well. I have one issue. When our laptops are connected to cellular, Private Access will not connect. Is there a setting or registry entry I can change to fix this?...
  5. Microsoft Private Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Private Access: We are testing out Microsoft Private Access. So far, it's working well. I have one issue. When our laptops are connected to cellular, Private Access will not connect. Is there a setting or registry entry I can change to fix this?...
  6. Network Switching from Private to Public

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Switching from Private to Public: Hi folksI was on my husband's laptop to change a sound setting for him and while I was checking that other stuff was working ok, I found that the network was on Public instead of Private, which is where I had it set for him the last time I did maintenance for him, months...
  7. No Private/Public switch for Ethernet connection

No Private/Public switch for Ethernet connection: Hello, Where is the Public/Private switch has gone for Ethernet connection? I need to switch my ethernet connection from public to private. I have connected two PCs using ethernet cross-over cable Thanks Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.592 [ATTACH]...
  8. Private internet network properties

Private internet network properties: Though I have disabled the automatic connect to a certain network, the pc keeps connecting to it automatically. In the properties of the network the button for automatic connect appears disabled...
  9. Another "no internet access with default switch" thread

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Another "no internet access with default switch" thread: I see there are plenty of these out there already but none of them seemed to answer the problem I'm having. My host machine is Windows 10 Pro, fully updated. I've been running a VM using Hyper-V for some months now. It runs Windows 10 1709 and uses the default switch. No...
  10. Computer is Killing Internet

Computer is Killing Internet: Internet speed has been a battle for over a month. Thought it was AT&T, but found that if I disconnect my main computer, speeds return to normal. Same results if this PC is connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. I can shut this PC down, boot up a laptop, and the Internet is fine....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to access the kill switch win10

2. private internet access auto kill switch

3. private internet access kill switch