Windows 10: Private use characters End user defined characters. Using IME pad tool some windows OS not...

Discus and support Private use characters End user defined characters. Using IME pad tool some windows OS not... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi team, I am using Windows 10 @2017 version, I can able to use IME pad tool to write EUDC characters in word, notepad, notepad++, html input tags.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vulchi Vijayakumar, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Private use characters End user defined characters. Using IME pad tool some windows OS not...

Hi team,

I am using Windows 10 @2017 version, I can able to use IME pad tool to write EUDC characters in word, notepad, notepad++, html input tags.

That same thing i am doing in Windows 10 @2018 version, I can not able to write the EUDC characters using IME pad in word, notepad, notepad++, htmk input tags.

IME pad spacial characters behavior is different one OS to another OS.

:)

Vulchi Vijayakumar, Feb 14, 2020
  2. PaulPChou Win User

Private Character Editor

My problem is not with the download. The problem is with the Private Character Editor. I am trying to create Chinese characters that some fonts do not have in private character editor. The first question is: When I go to Windows and click on Reference, there
    are some Chinese fonts not showing up. How can I get the font to show up? As you can see in the screenshot below, the font sample is not correct.

Second question: When I click on IME Link, the following message appears: No Input Method can generate IME end user created dictionary. When I go to TextService Link, it won't let me register the Phonetic. What to do with that?

What is the third party IME or where is it? Is it similar to Microsoft's?

PaulPChou, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Ian-71 Win User
    Windows Character Map Private Characters

How do I insert a private character (made using the Private Character Editor) into a document? The Character Map instructions are not helpful as they only work with the special characters already contained in the map.

Ian-71, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Private use characters End user defined characters. Using IME pad tool some windows OS not...

Private Character Editor - Add characters beyond U+FFFF

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to add Characters beyond U+FFFF using the Private Character Editor. Currently, the Private Character Editor supports characters between U+0000 and U+FFFF.

However, we appreciate your suggestions and feedback, as it allows to enhance the user interface and the features. Hence, I would suggest you to post a feedback in Microsoft

Feedback Hub
    so that our developing team can review your suggestions.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Private use characters End user defined characters. Using IME pad tool some windows OS not...

1. Private use characters End user defined characters. Using IME pad tool some windows OS not... - Similar Threads - Private characters End

2. Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters: Hi, I use Microsoft Pinyin IME and its User defined phrase function. It's great except I can not include carriage return character in defined phrase.eg: If I define `hh` to `## Head2 \n`, and press it , it will print it literally.what I expect is it would translate `\n` into...
  3. Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters: Hi, I use Microsoft Pinyin IME and its User defined phrase function. It's great except I can not include carriage return character in defined phrase.eg: If I define `hh` to `## Head2 \n`, and press it , it will print it literally.what I expect is it would translate `\n` into...
  4. Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME, User Defined Phrase can not include special characters

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. private character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    private character: Hi - I created a private character through the editor, and it works fine in the file system and in i-tunes, but it doesn't appear in LibreOffice Writer or in emclient. Is there some step I'm missing to make this character available to all my applications?Thank you for any...
  6. Cannot access Private Use Characters in character map

Cannot access Private Use Characters in character map: Hi there. I just bought a new Lenovo ideapad flex5 and am having an issue with the character map. I purchased fonts and after downloading them to my computer, the glyphs / private use characters are not showing up in character map. I've used these fonts before on other...
  7. Cannot See Private Use Characters in Character Map

Cannot See Private Use Characters in Character Map: I have been trying, to no avail to access private use characters from a font I downloaded. I am use to opening character map and copying and pasting the characters or glyphs that I need into my Cricut software, but I have been unable to. My PC has been updated and I have...
  8. Private Character Editor

Private Character Editor: I have been creating characters using the Private Character Editor. Everything gets created fine, but when I insert the character into a cell in Excel, the top part of the image gets deleted. Can you help me?...
  9. Private Character Editor

Private Character Editor: On both a desktop and a laptop using windows 10, if the created character is using the top part of the grid, this top part is not saved by the program (I first inquired about it on November 14, 2009, with windows 7, but probably didn't explain well enough). Please see the...
  10. private character editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    private character editor: On both a desktop and a laptop using windows 10, if the created character is using the top part of the grid, this top part is not saved by the program (I first inquired about it on November 14, 2009, with windows 7, but probably didn't explain well enough). Please see the...