Windows 10: privilege granting

Discus and support privilege granting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my dad recently got me setup on windows, but he was quite annoyed when he couldn't find an option to allow me to confirm file changes myself without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Philip Horton, Feb 6, 2023.

1. privilege granting

my dad recently got me setup on windows, but he was quite annoyed when he couldn't find an option to allow me to confirm file changes myself without making me the admin. is there any way for him to do that?

:)

Philip Horton, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Feb 6, 2023
  3. A required privilege is not held by the client // help please

My problem: A required privilege is not held by the client shows up when I try to run any executable file. I am the only administrator on all household PC's. I have at least five Windows 10 PC's in the household.

For a couple of months I had my problem on only one desktop PC (v1909) which I have dealt with by using Safe Mode when I absolutely had to do so. As of today I can add one laptop (v2004) to my list with this problem. I read the one post that I could find and I tried the suggestion today on both of the problem PC's to no avail. (Tweaking.com's cautious repair tool, observing the cautious steps, and apply only the relevant fixes for permissions.) I have at least one other PC with v2004 and no privilege problem and at least one other PC with v1909 and no privilege problem.

Previously I had tried these six methods:
    1. Run the Program as Administrator
    2. Use Command Prompt to run the file
    3. Disable The Admin Approval Mode
    4. Disable UAC using Registry Editor
    5. Change Sharing Permission
    6. Take ownership of the Root Drive

Thank you for any new suggestions or known fixes . . . .

yrralrellim, Feb 6, 2023
  4. Misaz Win User

privilege granting

Granting privileges to user on Windows 10 Home

How can I grant privileges (for example, SeShutdownPrivilege) to users on Windows 10 Home where is no Group Policy Editor available?

Misaz, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

privilege granting

1. privilege granting - Similar Threads - privilege granting

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. I disabled the wrong users admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled the wrong users admin privileges: I am not sure what is going on fully, but I was trying to get another user added with admin access so that I wouldn't need to log in to my computer. Well, I did something wrong and the user only shows up on restart tries to login for me and fails every time because it says...
  5. privilege granting

privilege granting: my dad recently got me setup on windows, but he was quite annoyed when he couldn't find an option to allow me to confirm file changes myself without making me the admin. is there any way for him to do that?...
  6. privilege granting

in Windows 10 Customization
    privilege granting: my dad recently got me setup on windows, but he was quite annoyed when he couldn't find an option to allow me to confirm file changes myself without making me the admin. is there any way for him to do that?...
  7. unable to grant admin privileges in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to grant admin privileges in windows 10: When every some app asks for an admin permission, a half sound plays. And it disappears like I didn't click any app icon. And sometimes it gives Error -1073741819What to do please help?...
  8. unable to grant admin privileges in windows 10

unable to grant admin privileges in windows 10: When every some app asks for an admin permission, a half sound plays. And it disappears like I didn't click any app icon. And sometimes it gives Error -1073741819What to do please help?...
  9. unable to grant admin privileges in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Grant permission for ipconfig /flushdns to user using least privilege

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Grant permission for ipconfig /flushdns to user using least privilege: Somehow I set it up so that my standard account on my Windows 7 computer can use IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS. I cannot remember how I did it. I just got a new Windows 10 computer a little over a month ago and just had to reset my router and now I need to perform IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS...