Windows 10: Pro for Workstations vs Enterprise

Discus and support Pro for Workstations vs Enterprise in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been tasked to find out of Enterprise covers the same features as Pro for Workstations. After doing some research here I found that Enterprise has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rm2930, Jun 11, 2020.

1. /u/rm2930 Win User

Pro for Workstations vs Enterprise

I've been tasked to find out of Enterprise covers the same features as Pro for Workstations. After doing some research here I found that Enterprise has more features than Pro for Workstation on top of having the same features. Would I be correct on this? If not is there another article that can explain this? I'm having a hard time finding a good comparison since most articles are either pretty basic on their explanation or just compares regular Pro. Thank you.

submitted by /u/rm2930
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rm2930, Jun 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

That is the generic key for Pro Workstation found in product.ini. It works for me to use that key to toggle from Pro to Pro Workstation. If I enter it in the Activation screen in settings, I can see the edition change immediately. If I then enter in the
    generic Pro key, it will toggle the edition back to Pro. If I enter the generic Enterprise key, it will toggle to Enterprise Edition, etc.

Only editions licensed on a particular device will activate, but the generic key still works to toggle the Edition and relevant capabilities.

EDIT: I find this all works the same, even on a Hyper-V VM with no license. Any edition the VM has a license for will activate, but not other editions.

Don Cuthbert, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Pro for Workstations vs Enterprise

Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

It's just listed the once as Windows 10 Professional for Workstations on my Visual Studio Windows 10 Business ISO. And I only have the one set of Product Codes for Pro for Workstations. I've run it, can't remeber if I've even clean installed it though?
    Windows 10 (business edition), version 1803 (Updated Sep 2018) (x64) - DVD (English)

For this multi-edition Business media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product keys will also activate the VL multi-edition media.

This multi-edition Business media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    Windows 10 Enterprise N

Released: 9/18/2018
    SHA1: D302D2E752C01E53996AE292A8DD4CDF49916BAD
    File name: en_windows_10_business_edition_version_1803_updated_sep_2018_x64_dvd_37051f54.iso

Windows 10 (consumer edition), version 1803 (Updated Sep 2018) (x64) - DVD (English)
    For this multi-edition Consumer media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.

From the desktop, select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Activation. Select Change product key and enter your product key. If the key is valid, you'll be asked to confirm the edition change, and Windows then performs it for you.

Windows 10 Professional, version 1709 or newer, will need to be installed before using the Window 10 Pro for Workstations product key to activate the edition. BothWindows 10 Professional and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product keys will activate Windows 10 Professional, version 1709 or newer media.

This multi-edition Consumer media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 Home N
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Core Single Language
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N

Released: 9/18/2018
    SHA1: 0208398915C08FE03F6C63FAEA9DCC9BBBD00532
    File name: en_windows_10_consumer_edition_version_1803_updated_sep_2018_x64_dvd_69339216.iso

alphanumeric, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Pro for Workstations vs Enterprise

1. Pro for Workstations vs Enterprise - Similar Threads - Pro Workstations Enterprise

2. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  3. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  4. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Windows 11 Pro/Workstation/Enterprise clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro/Workstation/Enterprise clean install: Hello,With the latest install version of Windows 11 when you want to install them you must have an internet connection and an MS account in order to proceed. I know there the ways you can make a local account but I would like to know if there is a way for Pro and Workstation...
  6. Windows 11 Pro/Workstation/Enterprise clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro/Workstation/Enterprise clean install: Hello,With the latest install version of Windows 11 when you want to install them you must have an internet connection and an MS account in order to proceed. I know there the ways you can make a local account but I would like to know if there is a way for Pro and Workstation...
  7. Windows 10 Pro VS windows 10 Pro workstation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro VS windows 10 Pro workstation: Hello,I sometimes experience device bugs or freeze when using windows 10 Pro when I load the PC.I bought a new PC gaming, but I would like never to experience these slow and errors again. When I check online for the difference between these two operating systems, I only...
  8. Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise: I have the choice between installing Pro or Enterprise. Enterprise seems like the clear winner here. Is there any reason to install Pro? I don't want / need the store or Cortana. submitted by /u/Ganadai [link] [comments]...
  9. Pro vs. Enterprise benchmarks...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pro vs. Enterprise benchmarks...: Some sites benchmarking hardware include testing with 10 Pro and Enterprise, like this site. With the limited number of benchmarks, the Enterprise version performs about 7-8% better: [img] Presumably and pretty much standard with benchmarking, the hardware platform is...
  10. Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?: Are these 3 versions essentially identical out of the box, except for the way Windows Update works? 18153