Windows 10: Pro Intellimouse randomly stops functioning unless replugged

Discus and support Pro Intellimouse randomly stops functioning unless replugged in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Note sure about which category this belongs in. The Pro Intellimouse I received recently sometimes randomly stops functioning. When it stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gw__1, Sep 13, 2019.

1. gw__1 Win User

Pro Intellimouse randomly stops functioning unless replugged

Note sure about which category this belongs in.

The Pro Intellimouse I received recently sometimes randomly stops functioning.

When it stops functioning, I cannot:

- move the mouse cursor

- use the left or right buttons

When it stops functioning

- Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center still detects the mouse and the settings (such as tailight) can still be changed

- there is still a dim red light within the sensor

I have already

- rebooted multiple times

Workarounds

- replug the mouse

Is there any way that this issue can be solved?

Computer: Lenovo Thinkpad T470

:)

gw__1, Sep 13, 2019

2. MICROSOFT INTELLIMOUSE 3.0 PRO- Will this release in the US?

I know about the Classic Intellimouse, but I wanna know if the 3.0 Pro will release to the US?

EthanHammitt, Sep 13, 2019
  3. IntelliMouse Optical windows 10 drivers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve these issues.

I suggest you to download the latest available driver and install in

compatibility mode and check if that helps.

Please download the driver from the following site.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/intellimouse-optical

Follow the steps below on how to install Driver in compatibility mode.

1. Download the Driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the Driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Pro Intellimouse randomly stops functioning unless replugged

MICROSOFT INTELLIMOUSE 3.0 PRO- Will this release in the US?

I was wanting to know if it will release in the US? I have been doing some research on the pro and it has some great specs. Please release it, you'll make even more cash. Pro Intellimouse randomly stops functioning unless replugged :)

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: MICROSOFT INTELLIMOUSE 3.0 PRO

EthanHammitt, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Pro Intellimouse randomly stops functioning unless replugged

1. Pro Intellimouse randomly stops functioning unless replugged - Similar Threads - Pro Intellimouse randomly

2. Wired USB Mouse not stopped functioning again & Cursor occasionally double clicks randomly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired USB Mouse not stopped functioning again & Cursor occasionally double clicks randomly.: My Targus Compact mouse has seized up again (this happened before with an older laptop I used) and started to disconnect and reconnect rapidly before it has completely stopped effecting the cursor. It still receives power from the USB port but won't connect and I have tried...
  3. resurrect microsoft intellimouse 1.1a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resurrect microsoft intellimouse 1.1a: please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resurrect-microsoft-intellimouse-11a/cd34b40d-ff8a-4de4-8831-84b9930d338a
  4. Announcing the new Microsoft Pro Intellimouse

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the new Microsoft Pro Intellimouse: The new, Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse builds on our history of innovation in mouse design and offers increased performance, modern gaming features and more customization for work and play. [ATTACH] The Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse Microsoft launched the first IntelliMouse 23...
  5. W10 Mail APP Auto Complete Stopped Working unless......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Mail APP Auto Complete Stopped Working unless......: I have had no problem with auto complete (AC) in the W10 Mail app until two days ago. I used to be able to type the first letter of a name and a pop up would come up showing 7 or 8 names with that letter in it. Now I have to type at least 2 letters before the window pops up...
  6. Function Discovery Provider Host randomly stops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Function Discovery Provider Host randomly stops: I have set up the 4 primary network related services as "Automatic - delayed start" on my local systems to get them networked properly. These services are (1) "Function Discovery Provider Host", (2) "Function Discovery Resource Publication", (3) "SSDP Discovery", and (4)...
  7. Classic Intellimouse Tail Light

Classic Intellimouse Tail Light: Hi, I purchased the Classic Intellimouse and downloaded the Mouse and Keyboard Center but I don't see any way to switch off the tail light. It looks like this isn't possible with the software, but i'm wondering if it would be possible to turn this light off with a future...
  8. random shutdowns unless power plan set to performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random shutdowns unless power plan set to performance.: There seems to be a fairly common issue with pc laptops experiencing random shutdowns, event 41 (63) unless the high performance power plan is enabled. After much research and several weeks of troubleshooting hardware and drivers I found this solution. I have a one year...
  9. USB Intellimouse issues.

USB Intellimouse issues.: I primarily use a USB Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1A but on occasion a Wacom Pen Tablet. When the PC gets to the Startup screen the mouse isn't active. I must unplug/plug in the USB cable for it to work. Then at times I get complete crashes while the PC reboots. I can't...
  10. Numlock does not work unless I unplug and replug keyboard after reboot

Numlock does not work unless I unplug and replug keyboard after reboot: I have had this problem on three different keyboards, from three different brands on two different computers. After a reboot, the numlock will not work. The indicator light goes on and off as expected, but I only get numbers - the arrow keys do not work, no matter what...