Windows 10: Pro OEM upgrade

Discus and support Pro OEM upgrade in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, Reading multiple topics including on Microsoft knowledge pages, Is it possible (has anyone managed) to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aamir28, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Pro OEM upgrade

Hi all, Reading multiple topics including on Microsoft knowledge pages, Is it possible (has anyone managed) to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using Microsoft’s generic key, then activating with a Pro OEM key after the upgrade within Settings>Update>Activation?

submitted by /u/Aamir28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aamir28, Jan 6, 2021

2. activation of oem upgrade

This error may be due to an invalid product key. However, you can try the steps provided in these articles:

If you still get the error message after following the steps in the articles, we suggest that you contact the product key distributor to request for a new one.

If you have further concerns, feel free to post

Dennis Mop, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Pro OEM upgrade

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Pro OEM upgrade

1. Pro OEM upgrade - Similar Threads - Pro OEM upgrade

2. Home to Pro upgrade on OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home to Pro upgrade on OEM: I have a pc with an OEM Windows 11 home license. If I purchase a Win 11 Pro upgrade, is the upgrade transferable in the event that I change PC and downgrade the original?...
  3. Home to Pro upgrade on OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home to Pro upgrade on OEM: I have a pc with an OEM Windows 11 home license. If I purchase a Win 11 Pro upgrade, is the upgrade transferable in the event that I change PC and downgrade the original?...
  4. Windows 10 Pro OEM Upgrade Fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro OEM Upgrade Fail: Good day, Community. The details of my post are very strange, but here goes. I have a Toshiba Z70-A laptop PC that I upgraded to Windows 10 Home via Microsoft's free digital license upgrade. I recently serviced the laptop by swapping both SSD drives into their opposite drive...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro

Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro: Hi All I have a computer bought from a distributor running Win 10 Home and I want to know if it's possible for me to purchase Windows 10 Pro OEM and upgrade the Home to Pro without reinstalling it? thanks....
  6. Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I would like to repurpose some old Win7 Pro OEM licensed desktops by performing an Upgrade to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media creation tool. After performing the upgrade they will be joined to an AD domain. Now from license compliance perceptive do I need any other...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?

Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?: Hello there, I want to upgrade my HP laptop from Windows 10 Home OEM license to Pro using retail key but i always get the error windows is not activated even though it is a genuine product key from Microsoft. Thanks in advance for any help....
  8. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  9. Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade

Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade: Hi I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro OEM on DVD. With this PC I d like to use my old SSD drive. So I insert an old SSD drive in my new computer but I can not install Windows 10 Pro OEM on it. SSD drive was installed with Windows 10 Home OEM before. I boot my new Win 10...
  10. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro: Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version. My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to...