Windows 10: PRO TIP -- How to make subtitles way easier to read

Discus and support PRO TIP -- How to make subtitles way easier to read in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I answered my own question here but I wanted to share a tip. I found a movie on YouTube I wanted to watch. The good news was that it was high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Aug 4, 2021.

1. PRO TIP -- How to make subtitles way easier to read

I answered my own question here but I wanted to share a tip. I found a movie on YouTube I wanted to watch. The good news was that it was high resolution and widescreen. The bad news is that the subtitles were way too small. So I opened MAGNIFIER in settings. I changed it to REALLY WIDE but VERY SHORT (instead of tall). This gave me a funny window I could place at the bottom of the image which allowed me to make the subtitles much larger. Also, by way of dumb luck, I could block out the Asian subtitles at the same time. See the difference? Of course it created a mildly distracting area of ZOOMED content... but it worked surprisingly well. Only occasionally were the subtitles wider than the window.

:)

The Pool Man, Aug 4, 2021

2. Edit the subtitles and make it easier to understand

Original title: subtitle edit

My anime dvd has inconsistent and terrible translated subtitles. I was wondering if there's any way to edit the subtitles and make it easier to understand?

Precurefan21, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Edit the subtitles and make it easier to understand

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing an issue with the subtitles displayed on the Anime DVD. I would like to inform you that, you may have to use the third party applications in order to edit the DVD and subtitles on it.

I suggest you to check if the issue persist when you play the DVD with other applications as well.

If you are facing an issue when you use other application as well, let’s try a workaround and check if it helps.

• Search for .srt file.
    • Open it in Notepad.
    • Click on Files and select save as.
    • Change the encoding in the combo box near the Save button to Unicode.
    • Replace this file with the existing one.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 4, 2021
  4. PRO TIP -- How to make subtitles way easier to read

Displaying subtitles

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps: to select subtitle file in videos:

-Normally, the app attempts to search for subtitle file associated with the video file playing. But if it can’t find it, or there is other subtitle file you want to use, just click the subtitle icon on the control bar (it’s between play button and volume button),
    then select “Choose subtitle file”

-Now browse for the subtitle file and you’re done!

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

PRO TIP -- How to make subtitles way easier to read

1. PRO TIP -- How to make subtitles way easier to read - Similar Threads - PRO TIP subtitles

2. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  3. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  4. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier: Here are three things that everyone can do to make living with Windows so much easier:1- Backup every dayWith commercial backup software you can backup your computer every day, automatically, on whatever schedule you choose, while you continue to use your computer. Like the...
  5. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier: Here are three things that everyone can do to make living with Windows so much easier:1- Backup every dayWith commercial backup software you can backup your computer every day, automatically, on whatever schedule you choose, while you continue to use your computer. Like the...
  6. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to make "Only allow these websites" easier?: Hi, I used "Only allow these websites" in Microsoft family account to my daughter in "content restriction" section. I notice you have to add or approve each individual web page even if it's from the same websitedomain. for example add website...
  8. changing screen & icon size (make larger, easier to read pages)

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing screen & icon size (make larger, easier to read pages): My pages and characters are just too small! I forget how to make larger. Help anyone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-screen-icon-size-make-larger-easier-to/d8368f93-d24e-4d59-8c01-af637ffc37e2
  9. making fonts bold therefore easier to read

in Windows 10 Customization
    making fonts bold therefore easier to read: Hello I have been reading some of the comments about later editions of Windows 10 home, having "improvements" which effectively make life harder for some users, myself included. I have a mild visual impairment and need to have fonts in BOLD for ease of reading/eyesight on...
  10. How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read: When reading news from many media sites, most headlines are okay, but once clicked on and it goes to the subject matter, it's often light gray color against white background, feel like Im going blind trying to read it. Im non-tech, found places to make changes, but no luck,...