Windows 10: Pro to Home?

Discus and support Pro to Home? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My personal desktop was running a copy of Windows Pro I got from work up until last night. That was unfortunately expected, so I bought myself a copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SIip, Oct 20, 2021.

1. SIip Win User

Pro to Home?

My personal desktop was running a copy of Windows Pro I got from work up until last night. That was unfortunately expected, so I bought myself a copy of Windows Home with a digital key for it to make up for it. However, now I find out that it wont accept the key, and that I can't easily downgrade from Pro to Home.I can't afford to buy another copy of Pro and use that key instead. Is there any way I can either refund my purchase of Home or easily downgrade my version of Windows without losing any of my files?

:)

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 20, 2021
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

4. Remon Ont Win User

Pro to Home?

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Pro to Home?

1. Pro to Home? - Similar Threads - Pro Home

2. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  3. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  4. Windows 11 home or pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home or pro: I know the Pro version is supposed to be for businesses but should non-business consumers buy it? I am thinking of buying a new computer Lenovo 2023 IdeaCentre 3 Premium All-in-One Business Desktop, 27" FHD Touchscreen Display, Intel Core i7-13620H, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Webcam,...
  5. Windows 11 home or pro

Windows 11 home or pro: I know the Pro version is supposed to be for businesses but should non-business consumers buy it? I am thinking of buying a new computer Lenovo 2023 IdeaCentre 3 Premium All-in-One Business Desktop, 27" FHD Touchscreen Display, Intel Core i7-13620H, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Webcam,...
  6. Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine: sir i my problem blue screen where my pc cannot re start it self then i went to the shop where i told him the problem then he installed win 11 pro . But it is cracked. My previous win was genuine win 11 Home . So can i get my genuine one back if i downgrade this to win 11...
  7. Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine

Sir i got pirated window 11 pro but i had before win 11 home genuine: sir i my problem blue screen where my pc cannot re start it self then i went to the shop where i told him the problem then he installed win 11 pro . But it is cracked. My previous win was genuine win 11 Home . So can i get my genuine one back if i downgrade this to win 11...
  8. Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.: I bought an Acer Aspire Evro 16 with Windows 11 Home pre installed.I have paid £119.99 to Microsoft store, order number 3548372093, to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to perform the upgrade it produced the error 0x80070490. Where do I go to resolve this situation?...
  9. Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.

Upgrade from Windows11 home to Windows 11 Pro Failed.: I bought an Acer Aspire Evro 16 with Windows 11 Home pre installed.I have paid £119.99 to Microsoft store, order number 3548372093, to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to perform the upgrade it produced the error 0x80070490. Where do I go to resolve this situation?...
  10. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...