Windows 10: Pro upgrade to new computer

Discus and support Pro upgrade to new computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, Bought new Dell, upgraded to Win 10 Pro through the store, the Dell died young (motherboard, I guess). Bought new HP box, tried to transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OrangeCrate, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Pro upgrade to new computer

Hi all,

Bought new Dell, upgraded to Win 10 Pro through the store, the Dell died young (motherboard, I guess). Bought new HP box, tried to transfer Pro package that has a digital license, but they want a key.

Posted on Microsoft Answers how to do, they say can't transfer from one OEM computer to another one. I'm asking for a second opinion here...

It seems I read an article on how to do, but, I can not find it on the web. Searched these forums too, but alas no definitive answer that I could find.

If I can do a transfer, how can I find a key? If it is correct that I can not transfer, I will just whimper in corner for a day or two, then move on.

:)

OrangeCrate, Dec 8, 2020

2. New Computer: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Mom is getting a new computer. Although the computer will have Windows 10 Home preinstalled, we want the Pro version.

Are the steps correct to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store > make your purchase, follow the on screen instructions and within 5 to 10 minutes you will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

We are in Canada. I am guessing that the upgrade price is close to US$100 converted to Canadian dollars?

Kevin Stecyk, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Pro upgrade to new computer

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Pro upgrade to new computer

1. Pro upgrade to new computer - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade computer

2. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer: HiBack in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.The installation / upgrade went smooth.The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via...
  3. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer: HiBack in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.The installation / upgrade went smooth.The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via...
  4. Upgraded to pro on a new computer and it fails activation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to pro on a new computer and it fails activation.: I just recently purchased a new computer. It came with windows 10 home installed. I decided that I wanted pro. So I bought it in the Microsoft store.I have had nothing but problems since I tried to install the upgrade. The below image is what I see now.I have called Microsoft...
  5. Upgraded to pro on a new computer and it fails activation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to pro on a new computer and it fails activation.: I just recently purchased a new computer. It came with windows 10 home installed. I decided that I wanted pro. So I bought it in the Microsoft store.I have had nothing but problems since I tried to install the upgrade. The below image is what I see now.I have called Microsoft...
  6. Upgrading to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to new computer: Current PC is 7 years old running Windows 10 at 20H0 lever. Not compatible with Windows 11 because of TPM missing. I'm thinking of buying a new PC. I think I read long ago that if I sign on to the new PC with my Microsoft Account my settings and desktop would be migrated to...
  7. Need to move my windows pro upgrade from defective computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to move my windows pro upgrade from defective computer to new computer: I bought a new computer and upgraded windows from home to Pro. The computer was bad so a replacement was sent I need to move the upgrade over. I did it through the Microsoft store so no codes or licenses numbers were exchanged. Microsoft has been no help what's so ever....
  8. Need key for previously purchased Pro upgrade on new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need key for previously purchased Pro upgrade on new computer: Hello, On the 13th of November I purchased a Pro upgrade for a new Dell computer. It activated fine. Shortly after the purchase, however, the Dell would not boot. I was told, it was probably a motherboard issue. I recently replaced the Dell with a new HP Pavilion....
  9. Upgrade 9 new notebooks to pro

Upgrade 9 new notebooks to pro: I want to upgrade 9 new Lenovo notebooks from Home to pro. How do I determine the product key/ID? How can I pay w/ a company credit card that is not in my name?...
  10. Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD

Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 pro and then the power button on my laptop stopped working. Is it possible to take that license and use on a new computer? In the same vein, if I upgrade my computer to windows 10 pro, and then I decide to move everything to a SSD, how do I move...