Windows 10: Prob;em with System Backup

Discus and support Prob;em with System Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Automatic Update (KB4100347) received and installed 1/26/2019. My computer has AMD processor. Update is for Intel Microcode. System Backup is curently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RalphHosmer, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Prob;em with System Backup

Automatic Update (KB4100347) received and installed 1/26/2019. My computer has AMD processor. Update is for Intel Microcode. System Backup is curently running (for 10 hours). What action should I take?

:)

RalphHosmer, Jan 28, 2019
  2. nokwdw Win User

EMS Backup????

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Nokia PC Suite software backs up EMS messages on a SIM card?

I currently have a full SIM card with a mixture of SMS and EMS messages on a Samsung D900. Problem is, Samsung's backup software will only backup the SMS messages!

I need to save those EMS mesages as well since they are very sentimental to me. If Nokia's software can do this, I will run out and buy a new Nokia right away! Does anyone know if it can?

I assume I need to transfer the messages off of the SIM card and onto the phone first.

I will have to write them down as well...... Prob;em with System Backup :)

Any info. is appreciated.

Thanks,

JD

nokwdw, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Skype problems and prob;ems saving e-mails with attachments

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing issues with several functionalities in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Geekoid Win User

Prob;em with System Backup

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Prob;em with System Backup

1. Prob;em with System Backup - Similar Threads - Prob System Backup

2. Im Having All Kids of prob;ems on my windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Im Having All Kids of prob;ems on my windows 11 laptop: When Ever I Try to download and install programs it keeps telling me there is a problem with the hard drive. i even get this message stating i dont have admin privalages to remove things and it can not find the program on my C: drive. I think my hard drive is locked so how do...
  3. Im Having All Kids of prob;ems on my windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im Having All Kids of prob;ems on my windows 11 laptop: When Ever I Try to download and install programs it keeps telling me there is a problem with the hard drive. i even get this message stating i dont have admin privalages to remove things and it can not find the program on my C: drive. I think my hard drive is locked so how do...
  4. Editing probs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing probs: I have edited a video of 14 + minuted in clip champ and exported. Now I would like to add some more scenes,overlays and intro outro etc. As the time line does not stretch frame by frame, I cannot add these scenes in to the exact place where I would like to have it .* Changed...
  5. probs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    probs: why after all these years are u saying my windows is counterfit i purchased the comp and windows at store down loaded myself dont have the box anymore 25 years ago should i change to apple cant get a direct contact with the REAL microsoft will change comp and server I wantb a...
  6. probs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    probs: why after all these years are u saying my windows is counterfit i purchased the comp and windows at store down loaded myself dont have the box anymore 25 years ago should i change to apple cant get a direct contact with the REAL microsoft will change comp and server I wantb a...
  7. hdd probs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hdd probs: i have 2 external usb hdds connected after update drive k becomes drive l and vice versa remove either and nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-probs/1f5fc101-371d-4294-9d3f-f848c5a0a505
  8. Ram prob

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram prob: So the prob is that i have 4gb ram on the pc &when i lunch a game and the go to desktop and open task manager i see that the game is using about 1800 mb and shows that 96%of my ram is in use the issue is that i have 4g. Which means 4000 mb. Of ram even thought some times...
  9. Nvidia probs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia probs: trying to get media streaming working on Think Pad, changed something and now can't see second monitor. Seems like something to do with Nvidia modes.mething in Nvidea https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-probs/49229602-7341-4c2e-9e19-0257fedc8a76
  10. Backup Prob. - Path of cookies (desktop) missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Backup Prob. - Path of cookies (desktop) missing: Still trying to understand the messy Win filing system. In trying to set up backup (on external drive) for folders/files on the Desktop, C:\Users\ does not show Desktop etc. as tseen in the library in Explorer. In Explorer, clicking on the path of the file in...