Windows 10: Probable malware

Discus and support Probable malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Neither MS Safety Scanner nor McAfee has found the cause of a newly-arrived and ominous-looking icon on my desktop. It cannot be moved and it's always... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hohub, Aug 2, 2020.

1. hohub Win User

Probable malware

Neither MS Safety Scanner nor McAfee has found the cause of a newly-arrived and ominous-looking icon on my desktop. It cannot be moved and it's always on top of whatever else may be on the screen. Upper left in the screenshot.

Probable malware ee9ce0d7-17e6-4929-bd08-34edf8df5edc?upload=true.jpg

:)

hohub, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Probable malware

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Probable malware

1. Probable malware - Similar Threads - Probable malware

2. How to prevent invisible Windows process probably Defender from hammering my cyclic drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent invisible Windows process probably Defender from hammering my cyclic drive: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 on an SSD, and have a large HDD for cold storage of media. The hard drive reads and writes fine, but when it should be idle, it's constantly audibly running. Resmon shows no activity on the drive letter while it is plainly audible, and even...
  3. How to prevent invisible Windows process probably Defender from hammering my cyclic drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent invisible Windows process probably Defender from hammering my cyclic drive: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 on an SSD, and have a large HDD for cold storage of media. The hard drive reads and writes fine, but when it should be idle, it's constantly audibly running. Resmon shows no activity on the drive letter while it is plainly audible, and even...
  4. How to prevent invisible Windows process probably Defender from hammering my cyclic drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Win10: Audio notifications for Messenger.com....it used to work then stopped. Probably...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10: Audio notifications for Messenger.com....it used to work then stopped. Probably...: So did anyone get this working?I looked at Settings, System, Notifications and Actions, but Messenger isn't even there. I've tried both Google Chrome and Firefox, both also in Incognito. Checked site settings and Notifications are enabled. Everything else about Messenger is...
  6. Win10: Audio notifications for Messenger.com....it used to work then stopped. Probably...

Win10: Audio notifications for Messenger.com....it used to work then stopped. Probably...: So did anyone get this working?I looked at Settings, System, Notifications and Actions, but Messenger isn't even there. I've tried both Google Chrome and Firefox, both also in Incognito. Checked site settings and Notifications are enabled. Everything else about Messenger is...
  7. Probable Malware That Windows Defender Isn't Finding

Probable Malware That Windows Defender Isn't Finding: Hi, All:Old fart, and not very computer literate. I am getting popups in the lower right on my screen saying I have viruses and/or trojans. They won't go away. I click "close" and they pop right back up. One says it is from Google Chrome, and the other says it is from McAfee....
  8. Probable Malware That Windows Defender Isn't Finding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Probable Malware That Windows Defender Isn't Finding: Hi, All:Old fart, and not very computer literate. I am getting popups in the lower right on my screen saying I have viruses and/or trojans. They won't go away. I click "close" and they pop right back up. One says it is from Google Chrome, and the other says it is from McAfee....
  9. Probable Malware That Windows Defender Isn't Finding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Malware probably deleted my virus and threat protection tab at Windows Security. How do I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware probably deleted my virus and threat protection tab at Windows Security. How do I...: Some weeks ago I saw I didn't have the virus and threat protection tab on my Windows Security. I tried searching for the cause and tried a lot of stuff register-editor, gpedit.msc etc etc and came to the conclusion that malware was probably the cause. I installed TotalAV and...