Windows 10: Probably a dumies question but here goes.

Discus and support Probably a dumies question but here goes. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all, Have downloaded and installed Macrium Reflect, and have a couple of questions before I rip into it to creating a system image. 1. My windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Reggie49, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Reggie49 Win User

Probably a dumies question but here goes.

Hi all,
    Have downloaded and installed Macrium Reflect, and have a couple of questions before I rip into it to creating a system image.

1. My windows 10 program, (version 1909), is on Drive "C" and I have a Data drive on Drive "E" and an external backup Drive on "F". I save my data files from the "E" drive on a regular basis, to the "F" drive using a batch file , So if I make a System image of the "C" drive will i also need to include the "E" drive in the System image, as both of these drives are on the system?

Probably sounds like a dopey question but I'm just wondering if Windows 10 on the "C" drive, will it need to save information about the "E" drive, so if the image needs to be restored, it will know about the existence of the "E" drive? Or, if I restore the system image of "C' drive alone, when the computer is rebooted, after the restore process, it will automatically recognise these is another drive on the system.

2. In a previous post, I thought that you needed the paid version of Macrium in order to create a system restore boot disk, in order to restore a system backup. Is this the case or have I misinterpreted the reply?
    If this is the case is there another process whereby you can create a boot disk in order to be able to restore the system image?

3. I believe you can do a Differential backup, using Macrium Reflect. If this is so, how many differential backups would you recommend to do before, ditching this and doing a full system image backup again?

I'm probably sounding a bit paranoid here but if I do a system image backup once a week of the system, in a month would have 3 differential backups, i'm thinking. So if the occasion arises that I need to do a restore, I want to be confident it's going to work? So the more diffential backups you do, what are the odds of corrupted files creeping in?

Cheers

:)

Reggie49, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Shuyin03 Win User

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Probably a dumies question but here goes.

hdmi questions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to disconnect the HDMI cable and try to connect it buy following these steps.

• Turn off your computer and position it within easy reach of your TV. Disconnect the monitor, but leave the mouse and keyboard connected.
    • Connect the appropriate video cable from your computer's output to your TV.
    • Turn on your TV and set it to the input that matches the output on your computer. You might need to refer to the user's guide included with your TV for instructions on how to do this.
    • Turn on your computer.
    • You should see Windows displayed on your TV. If the screen looks stretched, or part of the screen seems cut off, you probably need to adjust the screen resolution in Windows.
    • If you can't see Windows on your TV, you might need to reconnect the computer to your monitor and adjust the screen resolution before you connect to your TV.

To adjust screen resolution follow this steps:

• Right click on the screen and select Screen Resolution.
    • Check if the resolution is set to 1024x768.
    • If it is not, then set it to 1024x768.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

What if a device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

Do let us know if you have any further queries.

Mohammed Yaseer, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Probably a dumies question but here goes.

1. Probably a dumies question but here goes. - Similar Threads - Probably dumies question

2. Windows 11 KB5028254 is here, but you probably don't need it

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 KB5028254 is here, but you probably don't need it: Microsoft has released KB5028254 for Windows 11 version 22H2 today. The non-security preview update for the latest version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system. It fixes several dozen issues, including issues that affect printing, display and audio drivers, or VPN...
  3. Probably something everyone knows, but... a question about domains

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Probably something everyone knows, but... a question about domains: So I work for an organization that has a Domain structure through AD. One problem I've noticed for at least a decade that I know of is if a PC gets knock out of the domain, say in another location that's a few hundred miles away for me to get to, I can't log in to fix the...
  4. Probably something everyone knows, but... a question about domains

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Probably something everyone knows, but... a question about domains: So I work for an organization that has a Domain structure through AD. One problem I've noticed for at least a decade that I know of is if a PC gets knock out of the domain, say in another location that's a few hundred miles away for me to get to, I can't log in to fix the...
  5. Probably something everyone knows, but... a question about domains

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Probably a silly question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Probably a silly question: So, I actually really like the landscape shots that are used for the login screen, and the bits of information like where the picture was taken. Is there any app, or way have the same thing show on my background after logging in? submitted by /u/KitKurogami93 [link]...
  7. HYPER-V pass thru question (probably for Kari)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V pass thru question (probably for Kari): Hi there Question on HYPER-V -- I've a machine with 2 Display port outputs and a standard old fashioned RGB (video type monitor) output -- all 3 are selectable. The 2 Display port outputs are connected via an HDMI switchbox to one monitor with Displayport->HDMI connectors....
  8. There is an Importanat and probably easy question.

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is an Importanat and probably easy question.: In GPEDIT.MSC at Data and Insider and Prevew builds there is only on file named ''Toggle User control over Insider builds''. My problem: "Allow Telemtry" is missing. Details: My windows is WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE N 2016 LTSB. I am logged in with my microsoft account on...
  9. HYPER-V question for probably Kari

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V question for probably Kari: Hi there quick question on HYPER-V probably for @Kari as he's the undisputed champion of HYPER-V around here !!! If I have a VM powered on under HYPER-V can I log off as the Windows user and still have people able to access the HYPER-V VM - assuming of course they have an...
  10. Your TV is probably tracking you -- here's how to stop it

in Windows 10 News
    Your TV is probably tracking you -- here's how to stop it: Internet-connected smart TVs and streaming devices from Vizio, LG, Samsung, Sony, Roku, Google and others can all spy on your viewing habits. Here's how to stop them. Did you know one of the things you likely agreed to was allowing your TV to track your viewing habits...