Windows 10: Probably Impossible: RDP Wrapper - Use devices in remote session while also playing sound...

Discus and support Probably Impossible: RDP Wrapper - Use devices in remote session while also playing sound... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I am logging into a multiple Windows 10 Remote Session from my Macbook using RDP Wrapper and I want audio applications (e.g. a DAW) within the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/regrubmaH, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Probably Impossible: RDP Wrapper - Use devices in remote session while also playing sound...

Hello. I am logging into a multiple Windows 10 Remote Session from my Macbook using RDP Wrapper and I want audio applications (e.g. a DAW) within the remote session to be able to recognize devices plugged on my Mac. I tried accessing usb over network using VirtualHere, but devices show connected on host computer instead of the RDS. I've been trying everything, anyone knows if it's possible to do this?

submitted by /u/regrubmaH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/regrubmaH, Apr 29, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Build 10586 broke RDP Wrapper

I was using RDP Wrapper:
    RDP Wrapper Library by StasM Corp.
    binarymaster/rdpwrap · GitHub

It allows a Remote Desktop Protocol session to log in as a separate user independent of the user logged in locally. Worked perfect until the 10586 update. Now it is "not supported" *cry

I guess I could look at Team Viewer, but I loved RDP Wrapper because it added the capability I needed completely transparently to Windows 10. I don't suppose anyone has any idea how to fix it?

NavyLCDR, Apr 29, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Build 10586 broke RDP Wrapper

I have a desktop computer with a local account on it that is connected to my living room TV and the primary use is as a media player. I would like to be able to log into it remotely in an completely independent session and be able to do maintenance and administrative tasks on it while the local account remains 100% unaffected and continues playing a movie or streaming. Windows 10 does not allow this natively. RDP Wrapper inserted this capability.

This does not violate the EULA. The EULA specifically allows it in paragraph 2.d.(v) because the computer I am using as the remote terminal has the same version of Windows as the desktop computer does.

Team Viewer won't do it for me either because the remote session interferes with the local "user" logged on playing the movie.

NavyLCDR, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Maaya1227 Win User

Probably Impossible: RDP Wrapper - Use devices in remote session while also playing sound...

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Same problem here.

My scenario:

• I use foobar2000 to play music on the remote PC.
    • On that remote PC I have installed virtual-audio-capture-grabber-device
      so that I can stream the music with ffmpeg to my own app.
    • After disconnecting from the remote PC, my music streaming stops.
    I have confirmed that the foobar2000 never stop playing. The ffmpeg never stop streaming. It looks like the audio output being suspended while RDP session being disconnected. Maybe there is a new energy-saver policy for device after the anniversary update
    of win10?

It had worked many years from XP to the-before-anniversary-updated Win10.

It seems I can't but switch to Chrome desktop.

Maaya1227, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Probably Impossible: RDP Wrapper - Use devices in remote session while also playing sound...

1. Probably Impossible: RDP Wrapper - Use devices in remote session while also playing sound... - Similar Threads - Probably Impossible RDP

2. RDP Application Collection remote app session disconnects to often to use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Application Collection remote app session disconnects to often to use: I have an application set up in a collection on 2019 DC. Due to the RDP session disconnecting constantly my users are not able to use the shortcut to the remote application as once they get connected it drops the connection. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Anyone...
  3. RDP Application Collection remote app session disconnects to often to use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Application Collection remote app session disconnects to often to use: I have an application set up in a collection on 2019 DC. Due to the RDP session disconnecting constantly my users are not able to use the shortcut to the remote application as once they get connected it drops the connection. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Anyone...
  4. RDP Application Collection remote app session disconnects to often to use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SCCM remote session locking remote device

SCCM remote session locking remote device: Hello,We have SCCM below details installed on a Jump servers and we use it to connect to clients deployed in our environment.In order to connect to the devices, we connect to the Jump server first using PAM and then to the devices.Environment - SCCM2010 v5.2010.1093.3100 &...
  6. SCCM remote session locking remote device

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM remote session locking remote device: Hello,We have SCCM below details installed on a Jump servers and we use it to connect to clients deployed in our environment.In order to connect to the devices, we connect to the Jump server first using PAM and then to the devices.Environment - SCCM2010 v5.2010.1093.3100 &...
  7. RDP Wrapper audio cut off in multiple sessions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP Wrapper audio cut off in multiple sessions: Hi everyone. I'm using RDP Wrapper to access with multiple remote sessions on win 10 pro. My problem is that if a person uses the PC locally, and then a second one tries to connect remotely, only the remote person hears the system and app sounds, and the local users gets...
  8. RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...
  9. Build 10586 broke RDP Wrapper

Build 10586 broke RDP Wrapper: I was using RDP Wrapper: RDP Wrapper Library by StasM Corp. binarymaster/rdpwrap · GitHub It allows a Remote Desktop Protocol session to log in as a separate user independent of the user logged in locally. Worked perfect until the 10586 update. Now it is "not supported"...
  10. Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session: Normally if I RDP to an active remote desktop with only my single user account with admin rights, remote desktop signs out, and I connect via rdp no problem. However recently, it does not sign out out remote user, and the (RDP lient jumps to a OTHER USER login screen....