Windows 10: Probably TEMP User created, files are gone, cannot old user, help please! ASAP

Discus and support Probably TEMP User created, files are gone, cannot old user, help please! ASAP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I logged into my windows 10 PC and I couldn't find any of my files, I searched in file explorer in USERS and I saw that the most recent user was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PradhyumnaVasishta, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Probably TEMP User created, files are gone, cannot old user, help please! ASAP

Hello, I logged into my windows 10 PC and I couldn't find any of my files, I searched in file explorer in USERS and I saw that the most recent user was called "TEMP.PRADHYUMNAHPLAP.001" This is not my user. I don't know what has happened, I need help ASAP.

:)

PradhyumnaVasishta, Sep 15, 2021

2. Lost files due to moving files from main user to TEMP user

SHORT STORY:

I updated my pc to windows 10 and I didn't know I was in a TEMP user when I moved things from my regular user to the TEMP user. I restarted my pc and noticed all the files I moved over from my regular user were gone and everything in the temp user was deleted

WHAT HAPPENED:

So, last night I decided to update my pc from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

I got up this morning and signed into my PC as normal and I noticed there was nothing on my desktop, Pictures folder etc.

So I just guessed that my old profile wasn't compatible or something with Windows 10 and that it created me a new profile.

So I went to file explorer and into the Users file and went to my old profile and moved my files from the old desktop into my new on, my pictures/music from my old folder to the new one.

So I then decided to sign out and try to sign into my old user, just in case I missed it when I signed in in the first place.

Didn't see 2 users so I just signed into this new profile and I noticed everything was gone, Desktop files, pictures, music etc

I didn't know what happened so I just restarted my pc and then the Windows 10 intro came on, I signed in and it was my profile from before I updated except with everything I moved over gone. I later found out that I moved everything from my main user to a user called
    TEMP.. Well after that I didn't think anything was wrong til I checked the TEMP user and everything was gone.

Is there any way I can recover these files? I had a few years worth of pictures and music.

manboyguydood, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 TEMP User Deleted?

Hello James,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better kindly let us know if it is Local account you are referring to as TEMP account.

I would suggest you to open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check if the referred account exists or not. Please follow below.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz
    If the account exists, use the following steps to copy the old files to the "main" User Profile which you are referring to.

1. Go to
    C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-Profile-Name)\

2. Copy all files except three files :

NtUser.dat

NtUser.ini

NtUser.log

3. Go to
    C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-name)\

4. Paste all those copied files here.

Hope the above information is useful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Probably TEMP User created, files are gone, cannot old user, help please! ASAP

TEMP User

I logged onto my computer this afternoon and (sorry for vagueness) but the desktop glitched and i was signed out. I logged back in, and everything in my desktop downloads and documents, were gone. I did some more research and my desktop is C:\Users\TEMP\Desktop.
    I went to settings and looked at accounts, and there was no TEMP profile, I was logged in as myself(administrator). I did more file research, and I found that my user's(me, admin) files were still there. But everytime I log in, through the admin(me) and everything
    goes back to TEMP. I did online research, so please tell me that my main user is not missing or corrupted. And help me find some way to fix this.

OrangeCuber, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Probably TEMP User created, files are gone, cannot old user, help please! ASAP

1. Probably TEMP User created, files are gone, cannot old user, help please! ASAP - Similar Threads - Probably TEMP User

2. New /Users file being created with old deleted user name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New /Users file being created with old deleted user name.: A bit of background may be needed for this one-When I first installed Windows, the original user file was C:\Users\Alexfor reasons that I'll not get into in explicit detail, I needed to change the name of this user file. I used a command-line process to do so, and changed it...
  3. New /Users file being created with old deleted user name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New /Users file being created with old deleted user name.: A bit of background may be needed for this one-When I first installed Windows, the original user file was C:\Users\Alexfor reasons that I'll not get into in explicit detail, I needed to change the name of this user file. I used a command-line process to do so, and changed it...
  4. New /Users file being created with old deleted user name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. CPU Temp gone after User files deleted

CPU Temp gone after User files deleted: I tried making room on my Windows C drive, so i tried moving my user files to the D drive data to free up space. I’m sure knowledgeable PC owners read that and think it’s so dumb, but I didn’t know it was a bad thing, just moving it to another file in my head. Luckily i got...
  6. CPU Temp gone after User files deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Temp gone after User files deleted: I tried making room on my Windows C drive, so i tried moving my user files to the D drive data to free up space. I’m sure knowledgeable PC owners read that and think it’s so dumb, but I didn’t know it was a bad thing, just moving it to another file in my head. Luckily i got...
  7. CPU Temp gone after User files deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted

"TEMP" users in the Users folder cannot be deleted: [ATTACH] There are three "temporary" users listed in the Users folder on my wife's machine. These appear to be remnants from other Windows faults - there are no users on the machine other than the one belonging to my wife, "Diana". The "TEMP" folders all have a Documents...
  9. Temp user files are gone. Are they truly deleted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp user files are gone. Are they truly deleted?: My laptop restarted with me as a temp user. I moved some files out of my old user folder, assuming my old folder was corrupt somehow. A reboot logged me back into my old identity. The temp user home folder is there, but no files inside. The files that moved out of my home...
  10. Users and files gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Users and files gone: When i turned on my pc, it took time, when it finally did, it gave me 2 options - one, to continue to windows; two to repair windows. Me thinking everything was fine, i just clicked continue. Finally it loaded up as usual but i had to press ctrl alt delete to login, which i...