Windows 10: Problem about starting a program then switch desktop

Discus and support Problem about starting a program then switch desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When you start some program such as Word, if you switch to another desktop (i.e. ctrl+Win+RightArrow) immediately, finally the program will show up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pz2k, May 6, 2019.

1. pz2k Win User

Problem about starting a program then switch desktop

When you start some program such as Word, if you switch to another desktop (i.e. ctrl+Win+RightArrow) immediately, finally the program will show up in that desktop even it has showed the splash screen in the previous desktop. Then we need to move it back to the previous desktop.

Some improvement suggestion for the UI I entered this question:

(1) Spelling check on title and details. Especially useful for non native English speaker.

(2) If there is a problem when clicking Submit such as missing field, please jump to that field automatically.

:)

pz2k, May 6, 2019

2. How do I pin the individual programs to the desktop in Windows 10?

Hello Jim,

There is a simple way to create a shortcut on your desktop. You can follow these steps to easily pin an app on the desktop:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Find the app or program you want.
    • Click on the tile and drag it to your desktop.

NOTE: If the Start screen in Windows 10 is enabled, you need to turn on the
    Start menu in order to create desktop shortcuts for apps.

You can follow these steps to turn on Start menu:

• Open Taskbar and navigation properties.
    • Switch to the Start menu tab.
    • Uncheck the option labelled Use the start menu instead of the Start screen.
    • Click on the Apply button.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, May 6, 2019
  3. Most desktop app icons missing from the Start screen

Yeah, that's just a reference - instead of making an All Users user (like public or default), the just point to Program Data as the root folder (tip: launch command prompt and enter
    set

You can see the associations in the list of environment variables.

Don't let me distract you from the issue though - keep focus on the Start list. I'll keep throwing out tidbits *Wink

After rebuilding the index, try the toggle Start switches suggestion ... one suggestion at a time - let me know if /when the list is 'healed'
    One of these will be a workaround even if it's "wait for 10.0.136" *Eek

Slartybart, May 6, 2019
  4. Problem about starting a program then switch desktop

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Problem about starting a program then switch desktop

1. Problem about starting a program then switch desktop - Similar Threads - Problem starting program

2. Desktop switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop switch: I created a second desktop from the taskbar. In that desktop, trying to open certain applications such as Edge will automatically send me back to the first desktop instead and vice versa.Is it possible to open a same application in 2 different desktops? Else, is it possible...
  3. Desktop switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop switch: I created a second desktop from the taskbar. In that desktop, trying to open certain applications such as Edge will automatically send me back to the first desktop instead and vice versa.Is it possible to open a same application in 2 different desktops? Else, is it possible...
  4. Problem switching channels in Windows Insider Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem switching channels in Windows Insider Program: I switched from Release Preview to Beta Channel. Then I installed Beta Channel 10.0.22624.1391, but the version is still the same Version 10.0.22621Release Preview What should I do?...
  5. Problem switching channels in Windows Insider Program

Problem switching channels in Windows Insider Program: I switched from Release Preview to Beta Channel. Then I installed Beta Channel 10.0.22624.1391, but the version is still the same Version 10.0.22621Release Preview What should I do?...
  6. Auto start programs on virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto start programs on virtual desktops?: I have a lot of different workflows and it is pretty tedious to setup the most common ones which always need to be ready, every time I reboot. Is there a way to have programs that auto start on boot to launch on those virtual desktops automatically? It is pretty annoying to...
  7. Desktop and Start Up Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and Start Up Problems: My laptop's battery needs to be replace so I have to have my AC power cord plugged in. When I turned on my laptop I forgot to plug it in and after signing in and letting things load for a little bit my laptop died. So I plugged in the AC power cord and turned on my laptop and...
  8. PROBLEM in switching between multiple programs, WHEN ONE PROGRAM IS BEHIND OTHER PROGRAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEM in switching between multiple programs, WHEN ONE PROGRAM IS BEHIND OTHER PROGRAM.: I'm having an issue when trying to switch between programs in Windows 10. The problem is that I'll have multiple windows on a monitor and when switching between them, the window isn't always brought to the front and will stay behind the previously focused window. An example...
  9. Question about starting a program as a windows service

Question about starting a program as a windows service: I hope someone can help. I created a windows service to start speedfan when Windows starts and it works fine except there is no tray icon after it starts. Does anyone know how to get the tray icon to show when it starts. I did go to the obvious place in taskbar settings. That...
  10. All desktop programs not working, including Start

All desktop programs not working, including Start: Hi. I came upon a strange problem with a customer of mine who has just installed Windows 10 on 29th July. It is a Dell Desktop computer and it logged on fine, loaded the desktop but not one of the program icons did anything. I clicked on the start icon and it did...