Windows 10: Problem accessing my Windows Live Mail

Discus and support Problem accessing my Windows Live Mail in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have been using Windows Live Mail 2012 without problem until very recently when it went crazy and now even though I can get into the Live Mail, it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Carolyn S., Nov 19, 2019.

1. Problem accessing my Windows Live Mail

I have been using Windows Live Mail 2012 without problem until very recently when it went crazy and now even though I can get into the Live Mail, it won't allow me to access any of my Inbox, Drafts, Sent Mail, etc. Does anyone know how I can correct this problem? I've been trying to get in touch with someone at Microsoft but can't make the connection online or by phone. Thanks

:)

Carolyn S., Nov 19, 2019

2. Windows LIve Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It is possible that Mail.MsMessageStore file was corrupted. Please follow the steps below on how to repair the file:

• Which is the email client that you use to access your emails? Windows live mail or through mail app? Or do you access email via your Web Browser?

• If you use email client, what type of email account? (i.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange or other...)

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps if you access it through Windows live mail.

1. Restart the computer (this is to ensure that Live Mail is fully shut down, and that none of it's components are in use when the computer starts)

2. Press Windows+ X and select command prompt(Admin).

3. Copy the following (press Ctrl+C):

esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

Note: the "" are necessary

4. Right click in the command prompt Window, and select Paste, so you now see the following:

C:\Windows\system32>esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

5. Press enter. esentutl will now defragment the Live Mail database file

6. Once done, you can close the command prompt, and restart the PC again

If the issue persists, please notify us.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Windows Live mail problem in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for visiting forum again.

If issue persists or reoccur, I would suggest you to repair Windows live mail as its corruption might be the cause of your issue. We recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Before you repair Windows Live Mail, you
    can backup your files to make sure that you do not lose any of them. You can click on this
    link for steps on how to backup your files.

Once your files have been backed up, you can then follow the steps below to repair Windows Live Mail.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on Uninstall/Change.

A window will pop up asking to either remove or repair Windows Essentials.
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If repairing does not work, then we advise that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. You can follow the same steps above but choose Remove instead of repair. You can then visit this
    link where you can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Dilbert Win User

Problem accessing my Windows Live Mail

Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Problem accessing my Windows Live Mail

1. Problem accessing my Windows Live Mail - Similar Threads - Problem accessing Live

2. Problems with Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Windows Live Mail: I use Windows Live Mail for my email communications, my computer is set up for windows 10. Recently Live mail has stopped downloading the email message. It will only download the message headline. When I click on the headline to open the message a window appears which says...
  3. Problems with Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows Live Mail: I use Windows Live Mail for my email communications, my computer is set up for windows 10. Recently Live mail has stopped downloading the email message. It will only download the message headline. When I click on the headline to open the message a window appears which says...
  4. windows live mail to access G mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows live mail to access G mail: When I try to open my windows live mail to access G mail I get the message "your server has rejected your login, please verify that your user name and password are correct"The details are correct, I was able to access yesterday and this is only happening on my laptop not my...
  5. windows live mail to access G mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows live mail to access G mail: When I try to open my windows live mail to access G mail I get the message "your server has rejected your login, please verify that your user name and password are correct"The details are correct, I was able to access yesterday and this is only happening on my laptop not my...
  6. Live Mail problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail problem: I use Live Mail, the 2012 version, and this morning my Inbox was missing. I still have Quick Views, Outbox and Storage Folders, but no in box. I use Yahoo email through ATT and all of the folders are there when I log into my email with ATT. Last night when I shut the pc...
  7. windows live mail problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows live mail problem: windows live mail says "Message could not be displayed" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-problem/764573b4-f3d3-449b-8b77-3d68302fb704
  8. Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Windows Live Mail to access Yahoo Mail: I received an email from Yahoo on 25 August titled Important security notice about your Yahoo account. This informed me that I had to take some action before 20 October 2020 to continue to use a third party application to access my Yahoo email account. As I use Windows...
  9. Problem with Windows Live Mail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows Live Mail.: I am using window 10 now. I know that Microsoft no longer supports windows live mail, but I have been using it for many years, and I have a lot of files and saved e-mails on it. For the past 3 or 4 weeks windows live mail has been having a lot of difficulty recognizing my...
  10. Windows live mail....problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail....problem: It used to work great, now since the anniversary update I get this [img] I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and nothing helps. 62020