Windows 10: Problem Accessing OneDrive's Setting

Discus and support Problem Accessing OneDrive's Setting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot access SETTINGS on One Drive to make a change. The settings link does not activate when I click on ' Help and Settings ' on the Icon. One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkMenezes1, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Problem Accessing OneDrive's Setting

I cannot access SETTINGS on One Drive to make a change.

The settings link does not activate when I click on ' Help and Settings ' on the Icon.

One Drive syncing has been paused. Is this the problem ?

I want to disable auto storage to one drive

[Original Title: One Drive]

:)

MarkMenezes1, Nov 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Onedrive Desktop Problems

I believe this is the AutoProtection feature in OneDrive that is not very well explained by Microsoft. Instead of keeping a local copy of your files, it moves all of the local folders to the OneDrive folder, and creates symlinks (that don't always work) in place of local content.

To disable, go to OneDrive settings - Auto-save - choose folders to unprotect.

You will then have to manually move the files/folders from OneDrive to the actual local place (so OneDrive/Desktop will need to be moved to %userfolder%/Desktop to restore local access)

Also see this this

user1018551, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Problem Accessing OneDrive's Setting

Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working

Sorry for the late reply. I missed your post somehow. *Sad

By default, the Documents from the Start list opens to Documents in This PC. The Documents folder in This PC is just a link of your "C:\Users\(user-name)\Documents" folder though.

Since it opens to your OneDrive location instead, it sounds like you have Documents set to save to OneDrive by default. You can use the same steps in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below to set Documents to save to the default This PC only again.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Problem Accessing OneDrive's Setting [​IMG]

Brink, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Problem Accessing OneDrive's Setting

1. Problem Accessing OneDrive's Setting - Similar Threads - Problem Accessing OneDrive's

2. problems accessing onedrive using url

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems accessing onedrive using url: I am trying to access onedrive via https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-gb/ .But I get the same error message as below from Windows 11 laptop and windows 11 laptop but the services status portal says all is well.syncing appears to be ok for 'a few' files at least.Rgds...
  3. problems accessing onedrive using url

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems accessing onedrive using url: I am trying to access onedrive via https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-gb/ .But I get the same error message as below from Windows 11 laptop and windows 11 laptop but the services status portal says all is well.syncing appears to be ok for 'a few' files at least.Rgds...
  4. How to access settings for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access settings for OneDrive: I have never wanted OneDrive. I had a Microsoft 365 account, but cancelled it thinking I could get rid of OneDrive that way. But it's apparently part of Windows 11. I still hate it. So, at a minimum I want to dislodge all folders from OneDrive on my laptop. I use Windows 11....
  5. How to access settings for OneDrive

How to access settings for OneDrive: I have never wanted OneDrive. I had a Microsoft 365 account, but cancelled it thinking I could get rid of OneDrive that way. But it's apparently part of Windows 11. I still hate it. So, at a minimum I want to dislodge all folders from OneDrive on my laptop. I use Windows 11....
  6. not able to access onedrive settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to access onedrive settings: as menitoned in the forums going to cloud icon in taskbar > help and settings > settings does not work for me as the settings option doesnt get highlighted when i hover over it i.e. isnt available/ not accessible idk how else to say that what should i do?...
  7. not able to access onedrive settings

not able to access onedrive settings: as menitoned in the forums going to cloud icon in taskbar > help and settings > settings does not work for me as the settings option doesnt get highlighted when i hover over it i.e. isnt available/ not accessible idk how else to say that what should i do?...
  8. not able to access onedrive settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. No Access to OneDrive

No Access to OneDrive: Hi I have been troubleshooting a few problems with one of our computers and finally decided to cut my losses. I have installed an image captured a few days after the computer was purchased, as it had all our programs and app already installed(but need updating) and the...
  10. OneDrive not accessible.

OneDrive not accessible.: Suddenly my OneDrive is not accessible from Taskbar. [img] Files are accessible from other places. Ordinary Admin account logged in with MS (Hotmail acc). 72571