Windows 10: problem activating 3rd-party software in Windows 10

Discus and support problem activating 3rd-party software in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a license for Creative Labs X-Fi MB3, and I downloaded the installer. But when I go to install it, it asks for my activation key, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AaronMunn, Dec 20, 2018.

1. AaronMunn Win User

problem activating 3rd-party software in Windows 10

I bought a license for Creative Labs X-Fi MB3, and I downloaded the installer. But when I go to install it, it asks for my activation key, but it won't finish activating. The installer just hangs when it tries to contact the server, the window disappears and the installation terminates. I have watched a youtube video of this software being installed and I installed this software on another machine, so I know it works.

No other problems are known on this machine

I copied one of the event logs:

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: BEX
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: CTActMgr.exe
    P2: 1.1.29.0
    P3: 5152bad9
    P4: CTActMgr.fnp
    P5: 11.7.0.0
    P6: 4a2c4beb
    P7: 001b104a
    P8: c000000d
    P9: 00000000
    P10:

:)

AaronMunn, Dec 20, 2018
  2. MySQLGeek Win User
    MySQLGeek, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Get Windows 10 Activation Key Without 3rd Party Software

Is there an inherent Microsoft-Exclusive way of obtaining Windows 10 Activation keys from existing installations? Even if this is not necessary with Windows 10 specifically, I want to emphasize my interest in non-3rd-party ways of getting such keys from prior versions of Windows too.

Unnecessary Background Info:

I've upgraded numerous workstation to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and Windows 8.

I want to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch on one of these workstation, but I don't want to have to install windows 7 (or 8) first.

Before doing this, I'd like to obtain the activation key from the current installation of Windows 10.

In the past, I've always resorted to using 3rd Party software to obtain keys, but have never liked doing so.

Is there an inherent Microsoft-Exclusive way of obtaining Windows 10 Activation keys from existing installations?

LonnieBest, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. problem activating 3rd-party software in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - problem activating 3rd

2. 3rd party software recommendations please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd party software recommendations please: I've created unallocated space on the d drive in disk management & now need 3rd party software to move the space to the c drive. Looking for recommendations from the software users, not developers or employees of software houses thanks....
  3. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  4. Use of legacy 3rd party software

Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  5. Using 3rd Party Imaging Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using 3rd Party Imaging Software: When creating a disk image is it necessary to backup all partitions on the diskor only c:?What would happen when try to restore an image of c:,will it try to delete all other partitions or simply replace c:?Also, Window Disk Management is reporting 2 drives C: and Disk 0...
  6. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  7. 3rd party software update failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3rd party software update failed: I am trying to install GarminExpress on my laptop to update my GPS but the installation fails. Garmin says it has something to do with my account or my security on my laptop but I haven't the foggiest idea what it could possibly be. I have no idea what to do to change...
  8. 3rd party antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....
  9. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...
  10. 3rd party software for Windows 10 maintenance?

in Windows 10 Support
    3rd party software for Windows 10 maintenance?: Do I need 3rd party apps for windows 10 maintenance? I´ve always used apps like CCleaner, Glary Utilities, MalwareBytes anti-malware, and Ausologics Defrag for weekly/monthly PC maintenance. Will the new Windows 10 OS take care of this stuff automatically? 11853