Windows 10: Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence

Discus and support Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I am having a Problem activating a Windows 10 digital Licence, my HDD went caput so have bought a new one , I installed windows 10 on it from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StanB2, Jan 21, 2021.

1. StanB2 Win User

Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence

Hi

I am having a Problem activating a Windows 10 digital Licence, my HDD went caput so have bought a new one , I installed windows 10 on it from a friends retail disc and went through the set up and everything went fine, it loaded all the updates , then it asked me to sign into my Microsoft account, which I did then it finished the download and went to the home screen .

I then went into settings to see if it was activated, and it wasn't , it said again to sign in with a Microsoft account, so I put my email address in then the password, then it twirrled a bit , then it said I will need to enter the password for my Microsoft account a second last time, but every time I get past that part the screen just goes blank and nothing is happening , no HDD activity etc .

So then I have to go through the whole install again, It seems that it isn't accepting my password, so I logged into Microsoft site on my Laptop and logged in useing my email and password, logged in no problem , then it is showing my PC on the page .

So I am not sure what I can do, is there any other way I can log my PC into my Microsoft account ? .

Cheers

Stan

:)

StanB2, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Superfly Win User

windows 10 activation - licence will expire soon

There are two new entries in the Diagnostic report.

1. Activation Scenario Code:

2. ProductKey Code:

Both are blank on my PC.

My guess is 1. above relates to this VAMT Step-by-Step Scenarios (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs - if so non-volume users won't be affected.

No idea about 2. - there are more than enougn PK entries already!... was hoping some more digital licencing stuff would come up.

Gonna have to do some more digging and testing,,,

Superfly, Jan 21, 2021
  3. dantandem Win User
    digital licence for windows

ok here goes :

reactivation of windows 10 after hardware changes doesnt work.

Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence bd5a8bce-dc74-4a99-9c0b-227f8fdb65cf?upload=true.png

to add I had nothing but problems since upgrading for free my wifi adaptor failed so I had to purchase another. then my ethernet port failed. so was forced into probably purchasing a new mb next step up from the failed one ( possibly because of poxy windows
    10 upgrade)

Also I thought when I upgraded so called "digital licence" to win 10 I no longer needed my windows 7 disc and key so binned it.

next step was to put old motherboard which is linked to digital licence. back in and reinstall correct version of windows to match my digital licence worked windows activated! ffixxed

now to change my motherboard back to the non faulty one..... and try to reactivate...…………..!!!

windows no longer activated.... and that the message in the window when trying to

dantandem, Jan 21, 2021
  4. dantandem Win User

digital licence for windows

Ok following your advice and my nose.

Windows activation

Signed in as admin via hotmail account. Troubleshooting

Tried to select upgraded hardware - motherboard as last one failed shortly after windows upgrade digital licence linked to my account win 10 pro.

Reactivate windows 10

Ive selected desktop listed checked box and clicked activate.

And ratger quickly next box appears.

Unable to activate windows.

Lear more goto store etc.

dantandem, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence - Similar Threads - Problem activating digital

2. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  3. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  4. Problem: Activation with Digital Licence

Problem: Activation with Digital Licence: Hi,I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro that died. I have replaced fixed the PC with new hardware, and reinstall Windows 10 Pro using the tool provided by Microsoft. When I tried to activate the new installation of Windows 10 Pro onto the new hardware is asking me for the product...
  5. "Windows 10 is activated with a digital licence" but I didn't activate it

"Windows 10 is activated with a digital licence" but I didn't activate it: I recently bought some old hardware to build a PC. Almost all parts except the hard drive and GPU is bought second hand. The hard drive is from a old HP PC which had Windows 7 preinstalled by HP, but I deleted all partitions including the "System Recovery" partition before...
  6. Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence

Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence: I did the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 some time ago; must be 4 years. All has been working perfectly until recently I lose activation almost daily. Running the activation troubleshoot reactivates my windows but only for a day oir so before it once again becomes...
  7. Can't activate Windows 10 via digital licence

Can't activate Windows 10 via digital licence: Hello, Earlier this year I used the free upgrade opportunity to change my 6 year old copy of Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have since made a significant hardware change motherboard. Before the change, I made sure to tie my copy of Windows 10 to my Microsoft account so I could...
  8. Problem in windows activation with digital licence after clean installation of windows 10...

Problem in windows activation with digital licence after clean installation of windows 10...: I had windows 10 version 1903 installed on my PC, last day I decided to upgrade it into leatest version 1909. I downloaded windows 10 version 1909 through media creation tool. I perform clean installation of windows 10 pro version 1909 .When I start installation I click on “I...
  9. Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence

Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence: Hello there I have a windows 10 pro digital licence registered to my pc , I have changed the hard drive and of course I do not have a Windows 10 CD , so I borrowed my friends windows 10 pro disc and reloaded that onto mine and I choose will register later , so all well up...
  10. Windows 10 digital licence activation issues

Windows 10 digital licence activation issues: Good day My hardware sticker indicates that I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license, I installed Windows 10 Pro accordingly. Now when I try activate my digital licence it says that I have a Home Single Language licence and must install correct version. Please advise how...