Windows 10: problem activating windows 10 pro to fresh install on pc

Discus and support problem activating windows 10 pro to fresh install on pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought windows legitimately in the past and got an upgrade to 10. I recently had hardware problems with my motherboard so upgraded it and moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by i_vector, Mar 2, 2020.

1. i_vector Win User

problem activating windows 10 pro to fresh install on pc

Hi,

I bought windows legitimately in the past and got an upgrade to 10. I recently had hardware problems with my motherboard so upgraded it and moved hard drives around. I had to do a new install. I was told on the site and by support there was a way to bring my license across. It said it was a digital license and I could tie it to my account, and I tried to port it this way but it kept saying "Try again later" after selecting the win 10 pro license at the activation troubleshooter.

I then got the old hardware working temporarily to retrieve my key and remove the old pc from my MS account after speaking to Microsoft support who said I need the key. I did this and it says it cant activate on this copy of windows. I have noticed the threads of this sort ask for an upload of a readout from a command prompt command so i'm attaching it.

I have now called about 3 times and got several different answers regarding what I have to do. I don't understand why this license cant be ported, it seems very vague. Could someone please advise me how to get help having this ported? I have now tried several ways and am at a loss. Thank you very much for your help with this.

problem activating windows 10 pro to fresh install on pc 5691a0fb-fd80-4848-a622-18282091609a?upload=true.png

:)

i_vector, Mar 2, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 2, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. problem activating windows 10 pro to fresh install on pc - Similar Threads - problem activating pro

2. Activating the Windows 10 Pro Version after a fresh, clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating the Windows 10 Pro Version after a fresh, clean install: Hello, I'm currently downloading windows 10 through media installation tool on an external USB drive, so I can use it to install fresh, authentic windows 10 on my PC. However, I know we're supposed to activate the windows after it's done installing. I was wondering if I...
  3. Windows 10 Fresh Install Problem

Windows 10 Fresh Install Problem: My PC had an issue so i had to install a fresh W10. I created an NTFS boot disk since iso was 4.6GB and FAT32 was not supporting files bigger than 4Gb. I wanted to install an UEFI system so on BIOS i changed from Legacy OS to UEFI. I disabled secure boot. Enabled...
  4. Activating a Windows 10 fresh install on a PC initially shipped with Windows 8

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating a Windows 10 fresh install on a PC initially shipped with Windows 8: Hi! I'm a Linux user, but back in ~2015 I was kind of forced to buy a PC shipped with Windows 8. When I did receive the PC, after booting Windows a few times, I completely erased the disk, thus erasing my copy of Windows since I didn't need it. After that I replaced the...
  5. Windows 10 Pro won't activate when installed on fresh PC Error 0x803fa067

Windows 10 Pro won't activate when installed on fresh PC Error 0x803fa067: Hello! I recently built a PC, and wanted to install Windows 10 Pro. After successfully booting the trial version of WinPro from a USB drive, I attempted activating the software with a fresh key. However, I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows on this device...
  6. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro After Fresh Install

Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro After Fresh Install: Hello. Last fall I made an upgrade to Windows 10 Home to Pro using the Microsoft store. I bought the Home key over two years ago and I was upgrading it to Pro. I never got my key in an email and I cannot view the key in the invoice online like I can with my Home key. When I...
  7. Windows 10 Fresh Install Problems

Windows 10 Fresh Install Problems: So a couple days ago, I noticed my Dell Inspiron 5565 running on Windows 10s performance slowed down greatly. I also believe that this is due to a virus. Running out of options, i decided to completely reset my laptop. When doing this, it stopped at 64% and started going into...
  8. Windows activation on fresh install

Windows activation on fresh install: I recently upgraded almost all the hardware in my pc including my motherboard. My new motherboard did not recognize my ssd with windows installed as a bootable device so after some troubleshooting I decided to freshly install windows on said ssd. I have a windows 10 pro...
  9. Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?

Windows 10 fresh install will it keep activation?: Hello, I have a family PC here with Windows 10 installed that has a BSOD issue Error code is 0xc000021a No matter what i have tried to bring it back to life has failed *Sad System Restore, Reset, Refresh, SFC/ ScanNow etc etc This version of Windows was a Free upgrade...
  10. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro: I received my free upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1. I am highly considering purchasing an upgrade key for Windows 10 Pro for $99. My question is: If I were do perform that upgrade, and later on in the future I have to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows, will I be...