Windows 10: Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10

Discus and support Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I had windows 8.1 and then I upgraded it to windows 10 Home edition. Everything was fine for years until recently I needed Remote Connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AsshokSainni, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10

Hello,

I had windows 8.1 and then I upgraded it to windows 10 Home edition. Everything was fine for years until recently I needed Remote Connection to this desktop. The Remote Desktop Connection wizard told me I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I bought the Windows 10 Pro Key and applied it but windows was not upgraded to Pro as it ended with some error. After some search, I found that since it was upgraded from Windows 8.1, it cannot be upgraded to Pro. Now none of the two activation keys are working. I have Activate Windows prompt on my desktop. I smell problems after 30 days. How to activate the windows again?

:)

AsshokSainni, Feb 26, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 26, 2021
  4. skippy258 Win User

Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10

1. Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem activating upgraded

2. Windows 8 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 upgrade.: I have an older version of windows 8.1. how do I go about getting windows 10 or 11 free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-8-upgrade/69e6a4a0-3ab1-47b3-9586-f9a4ff93b54f
  3. Windows 8 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 Upgrade: I have been trying to upgrade from windows 8 for awhile. I have done all the things it says to online by downloading the mediacreation and then running it. Nothing has worked. I have bought a windows 10 key also and put it into where it says to put a key in settings. I am not...
  4. Windows 8 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 Upgrade: I have been trying to upgrade from windows 8 for awhile. I have done all the things it says to online by downloading the mediacreation and then running it. Nothing has worked. I have bought a windows 10 key also and put it into where it says to put a key in settings. I am not...
  5. Problem with Windows activation/upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Windows activation/upgrade: Hello, I have been trying to upgrade my Windows home edition to Windows professional but it won't let me do it. I also get pop often that my Windows will expire but when i go to the settings it says "Windows is activated" When i go to the Microsoft Store and try to...
  6. Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10: If my pc was manufactured with windows 8 and I have upgraded up to Windows 10 over the years now I need to fix, boot from a USB, reset, or install a fresh copy of windows on to my pc so what version of windows do I need to create the recovery disk? Because I created a...
  7. Windows Activation Problem on Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Problem on Upgrade: I just purchased an upgrade from windows 10 home to pro. It completed the upgrade, restarted, and activated the new features. But now it says that the windows version is not activated and shows the enterprise edition. If I open the store to check on the status it says you...
  8. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  9. windows 8 to 10 upgrade

windows 8 to 10 upgrade: I have windows 8 (not 8.1) on a laptop. I have ran updates till there are no more important updates. I want to upgrade to 10. I looked at the tutorial (Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup#step6) and it seems straight forward....
  10. Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10

Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10: I have a laptop with windows 8 I did try to upgrade to windows 10 and it started downloading. It got to 12% and i closed the lid, when i opened the lid it was still at 12%, then after about an hour it was still at 12% I shut down and again once the computer had...